Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Honestly can someone actually give me a legit reason as to why this company just fails to advertise? Advertising can do WONDERS for your company and I don't understand why Dixie doesn't get this. The more you advertise, the higher chance of more people showing up. Its that simple. This is like Marketing 101.

Now I know advertising takes money but thats fuckin business Dixie. You need to SPEND money to MAKE money and there needs to always be risks taken.

Maybe its the EGO's that seem rampant in TNA? I mean does anyone else find it hella egotistical that Bishoff and Hogan actually feel that the the reason for the low PPV buys is the fact that "PPV sales are a dying business"? I mean how much more full of yourself can you get? These fuckers need to STOP making excuses and realize that THEY are the problem(Yes the group too). The PPV business isn't dying, its because YOU DON'T ADVERTISE you morons.(if PPVs were dying UFC wouldn't be getting as many buys as they do) Not only that, but the show flat out SUCKS(but thats a WHOLE nother issue).

So if its not the costs of advertising or the egos than what else can it be? The only reason I can see left..............wait for it................I know you TNA marks will LOVE to hear this....................STUPIDITY. Yes TNA marks it IS possible for TNA to actually be stupid! I mean when you got a NATIONAL television show drawing the same numbers(even less at times) as Indy Promotions like ROH, how can you NOT blame YOURSELF and realize that theres something that YOUR COMPANY is doing wrong? Cmon Dixie you need to wake up.

And if I remember correctly isn't TNA thinking about stopping the house shows and not going on the road anymore? If this is true then the people running TNA are the DUMBEST, most EGOTISCAL people that run a wrestling company. I hope Bischoff one day has the courage to say "Doing live events on the road is a dying business". Because if he ever did him and and the idiots running TNA would be the laughing stalk of the entire wrestling industry. Not that they've already reached that level....

·
also known as a BUSTER
12,018 Posts
Re: No more bullcrap: Is there any logical reason for TNA not advertising?

It's just a combination of laziness and ineptness. Dixie only runs wrestling shows for her own entertainment.

·
Banned
1,242 Posts

What shows? When Jarrett's youtube channel started off, I remember seeing him promoting TNA on local radio shows almost every day.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,975 Posts

Its probably the high cost of advertising in certain markets.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts

Honestly can someone actually give me a legit reason as to why TNA seems to never advertise? Advertising can do WONDERS for your company and I don't understand why Dixie doesn't get this. The more you advertise, the higher chance of more people showing up. Its that simple. This is like Marketing 101.

Now I know advertising takes money but thats fuckin business Dixie. You need to SPEND money to MAKE money and there needs to always be risks taken.

Maybe its the EGO's that seem rampant in TNA? I mean does anyone else find it hella egotistical that Bishoff and Hogan actually feel that the the reason for the low PPV buys is the fact that "PPV sales are a dying business"? I mean how much more full of yourself can you get? These fuckers need to STOP making excuses and realize that THEY are the problem(Yes the group too). The PPV business isn't dying, its because YOU DON'T ADVERTISE you morons.(if PPVs were dying UFC wouldn't be getting as many buys as they do) Not only that, but the show flat out SUCKS(but thats a WHOLE nother issue).

So if its not the costs of advertising or the egos than what else can it be? The only reason I can see left..............wait for it................I know you TNA marks will LOVE to hear this....................STUPIDITY. Yes TNA marks it IS possible for TNA to actually be stupid! I mean when you got a NATIONAL television show drawing the same numbers(even less at times) as Indy Promotions like ROH, how can you NOT blame YOURSELF and realize that theres something that YOUR COMPANY is doing wrong? Cmon Dixie you need to wake up.

And if I remember correctly isn't TNA thinking about stopping the house shows and not going on the road anymore? If this is true then the people running TNA are the DUMBEST, most EGOTISCAL people that run a wrestling company. I hope Bischoff one day has the courage to say "Doing live events on the road is a dying business". Because if he ever did him and and the idiots running TNA would be the laughing stalk of the entire wrestling industry. Not that they've already reached that level....
Its always easier said then done. TNA has (in the past) run ads for Impact during Smackdown and Raw. TNA wrestlers have (and continue to do) radio shows and occasionally make the TV appearance in media outside of wrestling (Jeff Foxworthys show comes to mind), and uses celebrities to bring some sort of attention to the product (Chris Rock, The TN Titans, Tito Ortiz, etc.). The shit ton of money spent on the NY Times Square billboard and the last time TNA went to England they definitely did a print blitz with their wrestlers.

At the end of the day this whole 'TNA doesn't promote' thing is a myth to a large degree. Is there truth to it, absolutely, but not to the scale some people make it out to be. TNA on 1/4/10 had over 2 million people watching the program. On 10/14/10 TNA got a 1.4 rating (Smackdown usually gets about a 1.6-1.8 rating). This isn't about a company that needs to boost advertising revenue, this is a company that needs to get their product straight. People KNOW TNA IS THERE, BUT THEY DON'T WANT TO WATCH IT.

The reasons WHY are well documented and so I will not go into a long drawn out rant, but I will say this. TNA can KEEP their current advertising budget and marketing strategy and see better results if they just start caring about the PRESENTATION of the product. That means EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE ADDRESS and no excuses made for anything.

1. New commentators

2. Impact Opening Video package and ALL TNA video packages (advertising the product in general [ house shows etc] ) should ONLY show footage from on-the-road PPV's and overseas house shows. Showing footage from a sold out crowd at Wembley Arena is more impressive then showing Impact Zone footage.

3. Get with EVERY wrestler on the card and address their attire and style. A lot of people are okay, but there are some (Generation Me) who need to LOOK like stars.

4. Theme music. Not generic theme music, but actually really good and identifiable theme music. It helps create an identity for the wrestlers.

5. Creative team shuffle. Its 2010 and Russo has proven he is not the go-to-guy. The end of 2009 was pretty good and made a ton of sense, but its time for a new creative direction.

Until those 5 things change then TNA can drop 10 million in ads a year and it wouldnt make a different.

·
Premium Member
5,918 Posts

They couldn’t draw a bath, let alone work out who draws.

2. Impact Opening Video package and ALL TNA video packages (advertising the product in general [ house shows etc] ) should ONLY show footage from on-the-road PPV's and overseas house shows. Showing footage from a sold out crowd at Wembley Arena is more impressive then showing Impact Zone footage.
Maybe I’m mildly retarded, but WTF is TNA thinking when THEIR OPENING IS ALL IMMORTAL!? Are they out of their fuckin’ minds?

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

They couldn’t draw a bath, let alone work out who draws.

Maybe I’m mildly retarded, but WTF is TNA thinking when THEIR OPENING IS ALL IMMORTAL!? Are they out of their fuckin’ minds?
Because Immortal took over brother! Shit just got real!

·
Registered
44 Posts
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. The fans from the attitude era just aren't interested like they used to be, there isn't a ripe market of 15-30 year olds willing to spend their hard earned cash on PPVs and merchandise any more. Which is reflected in the fact that WWE has gone PG.

If TNA want to be huge, they have to go for the ripest market and unfortunately at the moment, that's kids.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Cost. Television advertising is extremely expensive. Then theres where do you place this advert. On Spike?? everyone who watches Spike already knows TNA is on.

They advertise with flyers around the mudhuts of the tiny villages they perform in which is the real issue. If they do there flyer advertising and perform in real towns that actually like wrestling they make get somewhere. Theres no point going to small arena's in small towns because whats 100 people going to do to help your product. Take it to small venue in big citys. You'll fill your hall/small arena and have more people see your flyers etc.. from flyer advertisement you get about 4% of the people that see them giving a shit and thinking they'll have a look to see what the thing on the flyer is. So if you put up posters give out leaflets in a town with 1000 people your expected interest would be 40 people. Do the same advertising in a city with 1 million people expected interest 40,000.

At the moment there trying viral marketing across social network sites only problem is there not actually marketing anything. there just putting random videos up hoping that when someone comments people see oh Dave just commented on TNA's status whats TNA. Problem with this is while its cheap to do you need something to create a buzz. If they did a competition where in a week whoever adds the mosts fans to TNA's page gets a free trip to Orlando to watch the weekend of impact filming they would get shit loads more interest.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
Maybe they just have a terrible Marketing department? If they even have one.

But seriously, TNA advertsing sucks big time there's no need for a thread for this. We all know this by now. The problem with his company is that they think they could be WCW 2.0 but what they fail ton realize is that WCW has been a recognized name since the early 1900s. Even before the Monday Night Wars, people knew the WCW name. They associated it with the likes of Ric Flair, Sting, Hulk Hogan, Stunning Steve Austin, Brian Pillman, Ricky Steamboat etc. WCW was a known staple in sports-entertainment. They were in a position to compete.

TNA on the other hand is basically that indy promotion that's on Spike. Sorry TNA fans but the truth's the truth. When you ask someone on the street name one TNA guy they'll basically tell you, "What the heck's TNA?" You ask them a WWE guy and they'll probably tell you John Cena heck they may even still think Stone Cold and The Rock are there. TNA doesn't have that recognition. But management deep down inside with their silly selves truly believe this is WCW 2.0 They ctually think cause they sign the likes of Hogan, Flair, Jeff Hardy etc they can truly get 5 million viewers overnight?

Nothing happens overnight and TNA fails all the time to realize that. Every time they have a big angle in the works, it truly does pay off. Look at Immortals. But they didn't 4 million viewers the following week so they jump the gun and quite frankly no one has a fucking clue who is in Immortal right now. That's what happens when you put nearly your whole damn roster in a stable anyway.

So the reason they don't advertise is probably because they think they're a big shit name in the wrestling biz cause they got Hogan. TNA should have played it slow. But unfortunately, they jumped the gun and gave us the mess March 8th was.

Lastly, when they do advertise and to manage to attract nearly 2 million fricking viewers, they do nothing to maintain that momentum. Nothing to make ther viewers tune in the following weeks. They just truly believe because they have Hulk Hogan the viewers will keep running back. It just doesn't work like that.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Advertising isn't priority number one right now. Whenever they boost ratings, they very next week they're inevitably declining again. For a company that wants to grow, that's the major factor they need to address. They could spend all the money in the world on advertising, but if the viewers they attract just want to switch off again, they'd just be throwing good money after bad.

Unfortunately, there's no easy way of sustaining and growing an audience. They've thrown every major swerve and announcement at the wall so far to see what sticks, and very little of it has. Something has to change, that's obvious, but there's no simple answer here.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You people just don't understand that wrestling isn't hot anymore and not even a huge advertising campaign wouldn't change that. Sure, TNA might get 0.1 or 0.2 rating increase if they spend millions of dollars advertising the show but that really wouldn't make any difference at all and they would just lose money.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
You people just don't understand that wrestling isn't hot anymore and not even a huge advertising campaign wouldn't change that. Sure, TNA might get 0.1 or 0.2 rating increase if they spend millions of dollars advertising the show but that really wouldn't make any difference at all and they would just lose money.
Bullshit. Wrestling isn't hot anymore, because the promoters don't want it to be hot anymore. You got Vince McMahon whose at the top right now, so he could care less. Then you got TNA who keeps making false promises and fails to keep viewers' interest. Then you got TNA fans like you who just make excuses for TNA. There's no reason why after 8 years TNA can't have at least 2 million viewers each week.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
They think that with people like Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair around, TNA will do very well, get good ratings, House Show/PPV attendances and such when in actual fact, they have stayed around the 1.0-1.2 area this year, got poor attendance rates and of course, wasted a lot of money on useless people who have done nothing for the company.

If they advertised properly, they would be doing good. It's a huge flaw in the company and they tried to patch it up with Hogan and co, but it didn't work out.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts