Antonio Cesaro (Claudio Castagnoli)
Kassius Ohno (Chris Hero)
Dean Ambrose (Jon Moxley)
Tyson Kidd (TJ Wilson)
Yoshi Tatsu (Naofumi Yamamoto)
Hunico (Incognito)
Lord Tensai (Giant Bernard)
Xavier Woods (Consequences Creed)

And they also had Kaval (Low-Ki) and Scotty Goldman (Colt Cabana) under contract before letting them go.

Me personally, I think they should bring Cabana back provided he gets to keep the Colt Cabana name. He's much much better than Zack Ryder and can put on a great match at that too. Kaval should have never been fired and yes, he was fired. He said so on the Art of Wrestling podcast that WWE told him to say he quit because it was better for everyone. Probably because they were afraid it would backfire like Bryan's original release if word got out and then they would have to rehire him. If they brought him back as a heel and had him do some matches with Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara, that would be amazing. But he probably won't give up his job in NJPW to come to WWE again.

Right now, I think the only big names that would fit in WWE are

Prince Devitt - Great wrestler. He would really fit in WWE in my opinion. He's Irish too.

Davey Richards - Probably the biggest ROH star right now. I don't want any arguments about his wrestling skill. WWE had him under a Developmental contract before, so clearly he's not completely off their radar.

Takeshi Morishima - He had a tryout match in 2009 and I can't for the life of me figure out why WWE didn't sign him. He's a great wrestler and could be the new Vader, only Japanese. WWE need a credible Japanese star anyway.

KENTA - Would probably never get signed due to CM Punk copying all his moves. But I'd love to see it either way.

Roderick Strong - Would be a good addition to the roster.

What do you think.

·
I am Jack's broken heart
7,445 Posts
Roderick Strong has such a good look. He should come in to the E

EDIT: OH DEFINITELY STEEN AS WELL.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I would still love to see LA Park on my TV weekly.

·
Banned
254 Posts
I would add Kevin Steen, Nakajima, Marufuji and El Generico to the OP.

·
Banned
407 Posts
My name is Kevin Steen... and FUCK RING OF HONOR!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Good question

If they were seriously going forward with the WWE network I'd make an offer to Chikara and sign their entire roster as well. I know stylistically it's an aquired taste but they are going down the PG road and trying to appeal to kids and marketed right I could see tons of kids running around in Colony masks. I think you could show Chikara every week on cable and have those guys relatively cheap

Looking at what else is out there a fair few girls who work for Shimmer would add a lot to the Diva's division again at minimal cost - Melissa Anderson, Ayoko Hamada both worked for TNA, Madison Eagles is a great talent but her knee is suspect at the moment, Jessie McKay has the look and is a better worker than virtully anyone active on the Divas roster other than Beth & Natalya, Mercedes Martinez is good. over in WSU Jessicka Havok is talented.

All of the above would be worth considerign based on value for money.

New Japan was recently sold to a sponsor because it's losign a heap of money so someone like Prince Devitt could work. Kazuchika Okada is still young and mega talented. King fale is a big Tongan. MVP of course.

On the US scene Colt Cabana was never given a chance when they had him before but he's perfect for PG WWE. Other former guys like Cliff Compton have skills.

Sonjay Dutt would be worth considering.

From ROH - Adam Cole, Davey Richards,Eddie Edwards, Rhett Titus, plus their tag teams like the Bucks, Bravado Bros, Briscoes, All Night Express. Mike Bennett with Maria Kanellis could be interesting.

Other Indy talent that could be worth considering include people like Mark Silva who has a decent look.

Theres also a little company that runs shows out of Orlando called TNA, they have a good roster but Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan are involved at the moment so I expect them to go belly up any moment. Some of those guys would be worth a look.

·
FAKE HAPPY
Born to lose, live to win
12,729 Posts
Are there any? Are you kidding me?

Prince Devitt - Was great at his tour to CMLL and is great in NJPW.

PAC - ''The man that gravity forgot''. He is absolutely one of the greatest highflyers in the history of indy wrestling and no doubt if WWE will make a cruiserweight show, they are going to sign him.

Rush - Lucha Libre fans know him very well. He is one of the best and most charismatic luchadors currently in CMLL. He makes a perfect rudo (heel) and is not wearing a mask.

Ricochet - Another Dragon Gate USA highflyer, alongside PAC, who WWE should sign.

Johnny Gargano - He got a WWE tryout, which didn't result is a contract. He is a pretty good heel.

Jimmy Jacobs - He and WWE have one thing in common - Twitter.

Colt Cabana - Just a great wrestler and good on the mic.

El Generico - He brings lucha style to USA and would be another spectacular masked wrestler, who can work both lucha libre and anerican wrestling styles.

The last, but not the least - Sami Callihan - He is a great heavyweight brawler. Reminds me of what Fit Finlay was. He is amazing in the ring and also is great on the mic.

Just a quick list, off the top of my head.

·
Banned
254 Posts
Are there any? Are you kidding me?

Prince Devitt - Was great at his tour to CMLL and is great in NJPW.

PAC - ''The man that gravity forgot''. He is absolutely one of the greatest highflyers in the history of indy wrestling and no doubt if WWE will make a cruiserweight show, they are going to sign him.

Rush - Lucha Libre fans know him very well. He is one of the best and most charismatic luchadors currently in CMLL. He makes a perfect rudo (heel) and is not wearing a mask.

Ricochet - Another Dragon Gate USA highflyer, alongside PAC, who WWE should sign.

Johnny Gargano - He got a WWE tryout, which didn't result is a contract. He is a pretty good heel.

Jimmy Jacobs - He and WWE have one thing in common - Twitter.

Colt Cabana - Just a great wrestler and good on the mic.

El Generico - He brings lucha style to USA and would be another spectacular masked wrestler, who can work both lucha libre and anerican wrestling styles.

The last, but not the least - Sami Callihan - He is a great heavyweight brawler. Reminds me of what Fit Finlay was. He is amazing in the ring and also is great on the mic.

Just a quick list, off the top of my head.
Did you see how PAC looks right now? Holy fuck, guy is ripped to freakin' shreds. Reminds me of time when Petey Williams just transformed his body over night.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Sara Del Rey,El Generico,The Briscoes,Takeshi Morishima and Kenta.

·
FAKE HAPPY
12,729 Posts
Did you see how PAC looks right now? Holy fuck, guy is ripped to freakin' shreds. Reminds me of time when Petey Williams just transformed his body over night.

Last time I've seen him was Dragon Gate USA Bushido Code of the Warrior. He is still a great highflyer and now, to addition to that, he has the looks, muscles. That's what WWE needs.

P. S. His ears look strange. Like goblin or something lol.

·
FAKE HAPPY
12,729 Posts
In addition to my previous list:

Marco Corleone - Former Mark Jindrak, from Tough Enough. He has improved a lot over the years. He is a great big man, that can fly.

La Sombra - A very young and talented luchador, to pair with Sin Cara or Hunico (depends on wether he will be face or heel).

Mascara Dorada - see La Sombra

TJ Perkins - Young wrestler with both american wrestling and lucha libre experience. He's a great highflyer like Ricochet.

Adam Cole - A VERY young wrestler with ton of talent and potential enough to be a world champion.

Danny Havoc - Like Sammi Callihan, a great brawler with charisma.

Akira Tozawa - Great japanese wrestler from Dragon Gate USA.

Rich Swann - Perefct for WWE. Has wrestled in Japan a lot for Dragon Gate and in the US for DG USA. His kicks are so dangerous, that they should be illegal. His charisma is infinite. Not to mention, that he comes out to ring to his live beatboxing.

Jigsaw - Good masked wrestler. Pretty tall as well.

Angelico - You may not know him, but believe me - he does amazing things, is still pretty young and has a lot of potential. He's from South Africa, wrestled there early in his career nd now wrestles in Mexico. 6 ft 3 in tall highflyer, known not only for flying, but for being a great brawler as well. His most famous match was a brutal ladder match, which was so brutal, that it was banned and not shown on TV in South Africa. Seriously, watch this guy on Youtube.

·
Banned
254 Posts
Adding Homicide and Petey Pump. Can't believe i've forget about Homicide.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Scotty Goldman deserves a second chance.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts