Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Sheriff of Piltover
2,880 Posts
I wish there was, he just isn't doing anything that stands out. Zach Ryder took a frown and turned it upside (yes I said that) and he is now on Raw frequently. Drew just needs to do something to put himself over.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
No, there is no hope for him. And to be fair to the creative team - can't believe I said that - they did try like hell to push him back in 2010 with the whole "chosen one" gimmick. It's pretty obvious they wanted him to win MITB that year, but the fact that he wasn't over spooked them and they gave it to Swagger. So it's not like they haven't tried with him at all.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Drew didn't get depushed because he wasn't over. He got depushed because of his "incident" with his (now ex)wife and the fact that they basically gave ADR Drew's push/gimmick/and some of his moves. They've kept Drew buried largely so people won't compare him to ADR, I would wager. Of course, that would make putting him on Raw stupid, except that it's easier to bury someone on that show. It's not like Smackdown has a lot of big names right now.

·
Bourne Better
2,270 Posts
Actually, he would fit in QUITE well with the conspiracy angle. Vince McMahon gets taken out and his golden boy of the future gets the plug pulled on his career?

The story writes itself

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
No. He's getting future endeavored. By the time the WWE Network hits, WWE is going to purge the roster which they feel can't benefit the network and McIntyre will be one of those guys who will be let go.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Of course there's still hope for him. The guys only 26, he's not even in his prime yet.

He may not be getting a push now but you know how the WWE works, these things come in cycles. He hhad a big push in 2009/2010 and it's came to a halt in 2011. He'll start working his way up again. It seems like they think Dolph and Codya re just about ready to be pushed further and they will need to push a new mid-card heel in the place of them. So when that happens I can see him adopting the role of a Ziggler or Rhodes and then going further. I think he has a ton of talent and will still go far in the WWE. He deserves better right now, and I'm sure he'll get better booking in the future.

·
Thanks for the memories, Shawn.
959 Posts
Am I the only one who noticed that it was 8 faces and 2 heels in that match? At the very beginning, the faces stared down the heels and Cody bailed. This left only McIntrye, so they eliminated him. It was WWE actually paying attention to the fact that there still faces and heels even in over the top elimination matches. Drew will be fine.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Drew doesnt work as a heel for me, when they changed his music it was such a bad move and it didnt help him at all. He should work on his mic skills and stop with the forced accent he uses to sound clearer to a US audience.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
No, he's probably done, he'll job and likely be released. And to think less than 18 months ago, he was supposed to win MITB and win the World Title. Holy crap, what a fast rise and fall.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts