Wrestling Forum banner

Is there any hope for Curtis Axel this year?

3088 Views 62 Replies 44 Participants Last post by  anirioc
What do you think? we know the man is very solid and talented but also very very boring. i think in 2016 he will be pushed to the mid card again or be released, he wont be able to use the "Axelmania" gimmick in the RR though.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

· Registered
1,688 Posts
No. He's had his chances. Lacks charisma. He's just naturally bland, you can tell this on Woods' video game show.

Probably only still around because of who his father was, and the need for house show jobbers.

· Banned
2,434 Posts
You said it yourself.. He's very, very boring... There's no hope for somebody who's boring... The goal is to entertain the fans, Axel is not entertaining.

· TEAM KICK!
11,134 Posts
Nope. I think the last time i saw him mentioned anywhere in programming was being squashed by Strowman on Main Event or Superstars, just shows what they think of him. He's a great wrestler but not particularly entertaining. Then again, Del Rio gets away with that...

· Registered
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope. I think the last time i saw him mentioned anywhere in programming was being squashed by Strowman on Main Event or Superstars, just shows what they think of him. He's a great wrestler but not particularly entertaining. Then again, Del Rio gets away with that...
That´s because The Rio is the biggest "PERRO" ever.

· The Last Dragon
15,299 Posts
You said it yourself.. He's very, very boring... There's no hope for somebody who's boring... The goal is to entertain the fans, Axel is not entertaining.
At least he was aware of it.

DON'T TURN THE CHANNEL!

· TEAM KICK!
11,134 Posts
At least he was aware of it.

DON'T TURN THE CHANNEL!
I actually really enjoyed his Axelmania (As a heel, not in the team with Sandow, that was terrible) stuff just because of how over the top it was at times. That's the issue though, he can't really pull off anything more than that, he can't be inserted into a serious storyline and have an entertaining part to play in it.

· TEAM CHELSHIV
Umani. Vous êtes belle 💙💙💙💙💙
129,445 Posts
The die is cast with him. His future is set in stone. I like him and he is a very good worker. He has been forever tarred with the taint of comedy jobber. Alas he is lower card for life.

Curtis Axel would be a great trainer for NXT. Doing what these men and women do on the main roster just isn't his thing.

I think he'd make a fantastic trainer. After all, he did do well getting Rock ready.

· Registered
1,467 Posts
He wasn't eliminated last year and as I said in another thread responding to someone else's great idea of Truth coming out only to be told he's not an entrant, Axel can say it's his place because he was never eliminated.

He's good in the ring, holds insane clean victories over Cena and HHH. He's just abysmal on the mic. Pear him up with a good talker to make a decent tag team. The tag team division is seeing a resurgence as of late. Maybe a heel team with Sandow?

They need to make a plan and execute it with patience. And it would work. Will they? I have no faith...

· Registered
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
He wasn't eliminated last year and as I said in another thread responding to someone else's great idea of Truth coming out only to be told he's not an entrant, Axel can say it's his place because he was never eliminated.

He's good in the ring, holds insane clean victories over Cena and HHH. He's just abysmal on the mic. Pear him up with a good talker to make a decent tag team. The tag team division is seeing a resurgence as of late. Maybe a heel team with Sandow?

They need to make a plan and execute it with patience. And it would work. Will they? I have no faith...
wanna see Rybaxel again as babyfaces this time.

· Banned
8,573 Posts
There's no hope for Curtis they could of done something when he never got eliminated from Royal Rumble 2015 but they didn't. I think he should just ask for his release and work the indys

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.