Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ask this question because, well I've been searching on a lot of other forums and some people are talking about Chris Jericho's return and how they're just not feeling his character and kinda "just want him to go away." But isn't this the case with every great heel? Nobody wanted Triple H around in the Evolution Era but looking back, that shit was GOOD.

The best heels make you despise them. When people say "so and so are getting 'X-Pac' heat", they don't realise that that's the best kind of heat you can get. And when people say they turn the TV off when so and so comes on? I highly doubt that. Those are the same people who say "I'm not watching this anymore" and then they tune into Raw next week. I don't believe it for a second.

The thing is, these days EVERYONE knows wrestling is fake except maybe the 5-10 year old fanbase. To us, we take a great heel for granted and because we're so smarky and anti-casual, we don't want to be old fashioned and say "Damn, that bastard is really taking it to Punk. I hope Punk kicks his ass" because quite frankly, you're too ashamed to say you're a MARK. I can have a conversation in kayfabe sense with any guy. I still have my favourites and my favourite wrestler right now is Daniel Bryan. Do I doubt that Chris Jericho has his young fans? No. But I'm willing to bet mostly every 5-10 year old in attendance wants to see Chris Jericho get beat up by CM Punk instead of simply turning the TV off.

Your thoughts.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
Well I want to see The Miz and Daniel Bryan get beat, but that doesn't mean their good heels, I just can't stand their characters. Triple H was a good heel. JBL was a good heel. Miz and Bryan are terrible heels who aren't convincing in the slightest.

·
9,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I want to see The Miz and Daniel Bryan get beat, but that doesn't mean their good heels, I just can't stand their characters. Triple H was a good heel. JBL was a good heel. Miz and Bryan are terrible heels who aren't convincing in the slightest.
I do hate Miz for all the wrong reasons. For one, he's an awful wrestler and I'd hate to see him become WWE Champion again. Or maybe those are the right reasons, I dunno... but either way, I still want to see him get beat. And thats what every heel should want.

Daniel Bryan on the flip side, well he's my favourite wrestler in the company so naturally I want him to win. I saw him live and I was cheering my ass off. Now I know it's his job to be a heel but in wrestling, I believe you should have the freedom to cheer for who you please. Sheamus actually is the bad guy in this storyline to me. Bryan is being a dick to AJ, yes but he has every right to be angry in my opinion... that doesn't mean Bryan is a bad heel, I just think he's too likable to not be cheered for.

·
Registered
9,861 Posts
I like Daniel Bryan, but there are times where he says stuff that makes me want to see him get his ass whooped. Ziggler sometimes, but I don't know if that's because he's a good heel or because I love seeing him bump. I want to see Brock Lesnar get beat.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I dislike your question because of your inability to conjugate verbs properly. Now does that make it a good "heel" question or just an annoying question that I would like to see go away?

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Jericho is being a good heel, and sometimes I just want to see Punk just snap out and deliver a beating to him. The way he talks about the guy's family, yet won't ever say it to his face is HEEL 101, but makes me want to see him get beat.

But if it is anyone I want to see get beat it's John Laurinitis

From his theme music, to his patronizm by mocking people by being nice to them, to some abuses of power which he tries to cover up, and his abuse of Teddy Long, you just want to see the guy get beat.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
I'm not really a huge Dolph Ziggler fan, so his over-the-top selling is always right up my alley. Every time John Cena makes a "rise above hate" speech, he's a heel to me and I just want someone to kick his ass.

·
THE ONE.
5,323 Posts
I don't really feel the need to see a heel lose today because they lose all the time, its not special and thats the problem. The funny thing is John Cena is the perfect heel for me and his booking of constantly winning for years. I love to hate him and when he loses a "big" match its great.

Heels like Shawn Michaels finally getting his ass kicked at Mania 14 after weaseling his way out off situations for months was special, when Triple H FINALLY! lost the title at Backlash 2000 it was special because he had dodged the bullet so many times and the same thing happened at Mania 21 with Batista.

I don't even think its difficult but WWE make it so hard on themselves these days, the heels are booked like underdogs and the faces are dominant. Booking 101 tells me the bad guy should kick good guys ass alot, good guy finally overcomes after months and wins, instead nowadays we get the heel be chicken shits, lose, continue to talk trash, lose again. The heel never wins why should it be special, infact it feels unique when a heel goes over.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
^LOL

^^Agreed. I support the heels as they are usually underdogs but when they deserve to get beats i support it, it just doesn't happen often enough where this is enough deserving just desserts. There is no real heel where i just can't wait to see them get theirs, Y2J should be that guy ATM, and then there's always Cena OFC.

·
HEADBANGA
23,196 Posts
I don't think there's a heel in the WWE that I want to see get beat. They've all got their ass kicked already. But in TNA I'd love to see Roode and Aries get annihilated.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts

·
9,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't really feel the need to see a heel lose today because they lose all the time, its not special and thats the problem.
I agree with this. I guess my question comes to the people who say "I don't want to see him get beat up, I want him to go away."

I want to see heels win clean aswell.

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
See, no heel in the E makes me want to see them get beat like Aries, Roode, and Bully Ray. And I say this while still not being much of TNA fan.

However, currently:

1) Heath Slater. The most punchable guy in the E.
2) Chris Jericho. He's doing his damn best to get people to want to see him lose, and for once, I think it's working on me.
3) Dolph Ziggler. Not because he's a great heel, but because he makes defeat look so awesome.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts