Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, we all know that they want him to face Reigns and drop the belt. But since WWE aren't morons, they know that the world knows this is the plan. It's all over the internet.

Essentially, can't Brock lose the belt only to win it back by Rumble time at latest?

It won't really do anything for Reigns since we KNOW Reigns will win. Reigns beating Taker didn't make him a bigger star. More hated? sure especially that next night on Raw. I see the same result if he goes over a year long title reign by Lesnar.

With rumors going around that WWE may call an audible with Joe vs Lesnar depending on ratings and fan interest from one match to a series(Ala Goldberg feud), is it possible that Joe beats Lesnar? Only to lose at a rematch?

Or even a Finn Balor fluke win or another superstar etc.

There's really no reason why not.

For example: The Rock dropped the belt to Kurt Angle at No Mercy 2000 only to win it back at No Way Out 2001 to face Austin at Mania.

There was many interesting stuff that Angle and Rock did apart before coming back to their feud.

Other than WWE's refusal to be interesting, could we be seeing something similar?

Slightly off note...where's the Summer Angle this year? Is it Joe?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
I want Brock to drop the title at SummerSlam to Braun Strowman.
But its WWE, so I can't see him dropping title anytime this year.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
What would be best for business is to take the belt off of Brock.

Vince seems married to the idea of Brock v Reigns once again at WM (because trying the same shit over and over is the definition of insanity). What would actually be a draw is a WM with some fresh first-ever matches on the card (or at least first-ever in front of WWE cameras).

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree that having the rematch at Mania at all is bad for business. There was a time where you used to do a rematch (if you did it at all) at Summerslam.

Would you be opposed to the idea of Roman vs Brock at Summerslam and saving Braun vs Lesnar at Mania? I'd truly prefer that.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
It might take away from Reigns' achievement if someone else took care of Lesnar before he did. They want Reigns to get the allure of being the only one to beat Lesnar.

If Brock has to lose the belt (and win it back), then Braun Strowman is the only one who makes sense, as he has the kayfabe strength and a storyline connection to Roman.

Also:

Slightly off note...where's the Summer Angle this year? Is it Joe?
Probably Braun vs Lesnar

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Brock can't put over anyone except Roman reigns, dammit! :vince

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,744 Posts
If Brock loses before Reigns beats him it makes Reigns beating Brock less special (in Vince's mind) in a large portion of the audience's mind its not going to be special either way.

·
Team Narcisse
7,939 Posts
Braun is the only one I wouldn't mind seeing him swap the title with leading to Mania.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
honestly, id put the belt on braun, then roman and have brock challenge roman for the belt instead
different dynamic from their last match imo and id put brock over and send reigns to smackdown for styles

·
Registered
32,262 Posts
Wait I thought Goldberg already ruined anybody the rub and excitement of anyone beating Lesnar

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

·
2nd Nature
3,525 Posts
No, because then it would not be special for Reigns to do it at Mania(How they see it) as they try to get him over for the god knows how many times they've already tried ??? I've lost count at this point. And the result will always be the same over and over again.

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
Dudes....stop, realise that Lesnar isn't dropping that belt, to Towelie of all people..

The reason they do it is so Lesnar looks unstoppable again so they get a rerun of WM31 only this time they don't bottle it & they don't have a cash in to cover their bases

I'd love for Strowman to win at Summerslam but it just isn't gonna happen :shrug

& where are these "rumors" of an audible?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dudes....stop, realise that Lesnar isn't dropping that belt, to Towelie of all people..

The reason they do it is so Lesnar looks unstoppable again so they get a rerun of WM31 only this time they don't bottle it & they don't have a cash in to cover their bases

I'd love for Strowman to win at Summerslam but it just isn't gonna happen :shrug

& where are these "rumors" of an audible?
For the record, I'd want it to be Strowman. This thread is about Brock dropping it and winning it back to lose to Roman. That part is speculation for the sake of conversation. My example of Rocky dropping it to Angle only to win is back is the point of the convo. If you dont want to discuss a possibility, then don't.

I read off Rajah where they take news from other sides and place it on theirs. It's not a "legit" news source(as if that exists). The rumor isn't necessarily an audible, it's a potential series of matches instead of one-off. Could be same result. As always, a grain of salt with these.

To quote the site:

While Samoa Joe vs. Brock Lesnar is supposed to be a one-time match at this point, WWE will likely wait to lay out the booking for the match until they see if there is momentum that is generated over the next couple of weeks.

- One sign that they may be looking towards is the ratings for Raw leading up to Great Balls of Fire and that if they pick up, plans could be changed on the fly and Joe/Lesnar might be changed into a series or a rematch could be re-visited later on in the year.

- An example of WWE changing their booking on the fly is the situation with Bill Goldberg, who was only expected to wrestle once for WWE. However, due to the enormous success his return was, the storyline with Brock Lesnar was extended over several months

·
Registered
14,805 Posts
No, because then it would not be special for Reigns to do it at Mania(How they see it) as they try to get him over for the god knows how many times they've already tried ??? I've lost count at this point. And the result will always be the same over and over again.
Special is not the word that applies to that anymore. It is trite, passing toward cliche, on the way to tiresome.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Bring the Balor club back. Brock had diverticulitis, play that up.

Interference from club -> Cout degras to brocks stomach -> balor wins

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
WWE wants Lesnar to look as unstoppable as possible during his Universal Title reign, so that Reigns can look as strong as possible when he slays The Beast at WrestleMania 34. He'll do what the likes of Joe, Strowman, Balor, Rollins and Wyatt couldn't do. It's the same story from WrestleMania 31 where Lesnar had previously ended Undertaker's WrestleMania streak and Cena's WWE Title reign. Reigns beating him for the championship on that night would have been huge but it didn't happen. Instead, Rollins cashed in Money in the Bank at their expense to steal the title. The reason why MITB is a SmackDown PPV this year is to make sure there isn't controversy again next year. Next year there's going to be a decisive finish between these two.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.