Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Daddy's Home
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..that it will be Jinder vs a returning Cena at Summerslam? I avoid the dirtsheets so forgive me if this has already been speculated on or hinted at, but at this point that is the only match that really makes sense. Honestly though, I'm intrigued by it. If you asked me a couple of months ago I would have vomited in my mouth, but now that sounds like a big-feel match. I can see the atmosphere being absolutely insane for it, especially if Jinder can carry over or perhaps even build on this current heat.

It's a weird feeling, being this excited to see how things play out at MitB and the following Tuesday. SDL is really interesting at the moment.

·
Going fckin' Over.. while Digging Holes-uhh and Bu
2,610 Posts
Cena's time is up.

It's Mojo Rawley's time to be the new REAL American hero.

Hogan's first WWE Championship run started by beating an evil foreigner Iron Sheik.

Mojo's first WWE Championship run will begin by beating an evil foreigner Jinder the Jobber.

:hogan :Tripslick

·
Registered
25,252 Posts
I would be surprised at this point if it doesn't happen. Cena probably shows up July 4 on Smackdown to confront the Maharajah leading to a big USA vs. India match at Summerslam. I mean, it just seems too obvious at this point.

And no, I'm not particularly hyped for it.

·
Registered
395 Posts
This would have me interested for sure. Jinder should win too though I think.

Let's all at least agree though that Orton reclaiming the title at Money in the Bank is not the way to go.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
17,319 Posts
I think Jinder + BollyWood Bros will take on Mojo + American Alpha in a 3 v 3 at SummerSlam. I doubt WWE thought past giving Jinder the title and now won't risk an established superstar getting beat by Jinder, but also won't risk dropping the title off Jinder in favor of the India market.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
The thing is, Jinder vs Cena will actually be an awesome feud.

Both guys can talk, and both guys can generate insane heat. When the crowd is invested, feuds will always be really good. And with Cena being one of the best in history at getting big crowd reactions, and Mahal being one of the most divisive and controversial wrestlers in WWE right now, a feud between them will be dynamite.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I love it! It is a throwback feud that we have all seen many times before but this one would be lit! Combine that with braun vs lesnar and summerslam has two Main Events that should be fun as hell to watch. Will be nice to see invested crowds too.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Surely, Cena's 17th Title victory is a Wrestlemania moment.
And winning his 17th title from a jobber would absolutely make it seem pretty worthless.

Jinder is a transitional champion who only exists to get a few network subs from India, and to move the title about a bit until they position Corbin better for his first reign. Just look at the SmackDown roster. They have the actual legitimate main eventers fighting in the mid-card over the US belt. There is NO ONE else even close to the main event that could challenge for the title.

The whole WWE Title scene just baffles me to be honest. You have Styles, for what is very likely only another couple of years, ... and you let him drop to mid-card after carrying the entire brand for a year?! Right now, Styles should be the heel champion, fighting off jobbers like Jinder and meatheads like Corbin, while Nakamura fights his way through the roster.

Then, around Survivor Series, you start setting up Styles-Nakamura for the WWE Title at Wrestlemania.
This shit is not fucking HARD to book. It's so frustrating that WWE get it SO wrong, SO often.

·
Registered
13,137 Posts
I think Jinder + BollyWood Bros will take on Mojo + American Alpha in a 3 v 3 at SummerSlam. I doubt WWE thought past giving Jinder the title and now won't risk an established superstar getting beat by Jinder, but also won't risk dropping the title off Jinder in favor of the India market.
That's actually not a bad theory, it's obviously to early to know for sure, but I could definitely see it as a possibility.

They may just go completely lazy though and reuse the finish to the Orton match over and over again to have him retain.

·
Banned
6,218 Posts
Jinder doesn't deserve to face Cena, he sucks so much. The guy can't cut a promo or wrestle to save his life. fpalm

1 - 16 of 16 Posts