Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Re: Is there any believale comeptition for cena at the moment?

RVD really? He's only around to put people over, you won't see him in any meaningful feuds, his pops also greatly declined not long after his return. Punk and Bryan are the only ones near him.

·
Registered
7,523 Posts

Realistically there is no one left for Cena at this point. WWE has booked their mid carders so poorly that none of them are ready to attempt a main event run. All that there is left for him is to re-do old feuds with him again and I really dont want to sit through another 6 month run with Orton or another Punk run. Blame goes onto WWE for treating a lot of their talented mid card acts like shit. Just imagine if guys like Barrett, Ziggler, Mcintyre, Swagger, Kidd and Cesaro were all booked better they could have great main events with the likes of Cena and the others.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts

Cena has beaten The Rock, he isn't a superstar, he is a legend and to beat him, you have to be really good ( and I still don't think Bryan should've be the one since years to beat him cleanly ) and that's fine because the future champion will be credible. Why would you want Cena to lose the title ? He is the only one that bring back the glory of the World Title like Triple H did ten years ago

·
Banned
2,968 Posts

Realistically speaking, going down the list

Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Randy Orton

Pretty sad knowing they've buried the entire roster to the point where the only program he can be in is with the 2 other top babyfaces and the top heel

and unfortunately RVD is not signed right now or so ive heard. He only had a 3 month contract which was up at battleground.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts

I think Sheamus has a realistic shot, since he's best bud with :trips

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts

Bryan beat him clean at Summerslam. Punk has beaten him clean before too. So from a kayfabe standpoint those two are "competition". I suppose you could throw Lesnar and HHH in there. Despite "losing" more and more the last few years the fans are still conditioned to think that Cena is superman and whenever someone beats him it's a fluke. Why? Because Cena always gets his win back OR he loses because of something shady like what happened at MITB 2011.

I still think the most mileage you can get out of Cena's stature is by turning him heel because then you can create a new top babyface. Face Cena vs another face works to a certain degree because the writers always feel the need to put Cena over anyway due to him being a face and selling merch. Turn him heel, have him continue to superman through the roster for a few months as the WWE Champ and then let one face finally beat the unstoppable douche heel Cena. New star.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts

Bryan beat him clean at Summerslam. Punk has beaten him clean before too. So from a kayfabe standpoint those two are "competition". I suppose you could throw Lesnar and HHH in there. Despite "losing" more and more the last few years the fans are still conditioned to think that Cena is superman and whenever someone beats him it's a fluke. Why? Because Cena always gets his win back OR he loses because of something shady like what happened at MITB 2011.

I still think the most mileage you can get out of Cena's stature is by turning him heel because then you can create a new top babyface. Face Cena vs another face works to a certain degree because the writers always feel the need to put Cena over anyway due to him being a face and selling merch. Turn him heel, have him continue to superman through the roster for a few months as the WWE Champ and then let one face finally beat the unstoppable douche heel Cena. New star.
Punk never beat Cena clean, where did you get that from? & I can assure you that Cena will bring up his injury when he returns & play it up as a reason why he's lost to Bryan.

The cleanest Cena has lost was against Batista at SS 08.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts

Punk never beat Cena clean, where did you get that from? & I can assure you that Cena will bring up his injury when he returns & play it up as a reason why he's lost to Bryan.

The cleanest Cena has lost was against Batista at SS 08.
I actually just now realized he didn't lose to Punk clean, you're right. He did lose to Bryan completely clean though, there's no denying that. Orton has beaten Cena clean twice in 2008. HHH beat him clean in 2008. JBL in 2008. Sheamus in 2009 ;) I wouldn't mind Cena winning the World Title and Sheamus attacking him backstage or something, immediately turning heel. They can bring up their past.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts

I actually just now realized he didn't lose to Punk clean, you're right. He did lose to Bryan completely clean though, there's no denying that. Orton has beaten Cena clean twice in 2008. HHH beat him clean in 2008. JBL in 2008. Sheamus in 2009 ;) I wouldn't mind Cena winning the World Title and Sheamus attacking him backstage or something, immediately turning heel. They can bring up their past.
Cena played up his injury during the match at SS, that's why I think they'll bring that up.

As for Orton one of the wins in 08 was due to a fast count, the other one was a triple threat match where Orton took HHH's pin, although he did get clean pinfalls on Cena in two other multi-man matches that I don't remember.

Sheamus was a tables match fluke win, & the JBL match was a parking lot brawl (it was a KO win I think).

I don't remember the HHH one though.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts

Undertaker

And if it's WM, Cena would be the underdog.

·
Registered
11,940 Posts

Cena played up his injury during the match at SS, that's why I think they'll bring that up.

As for Orton one of the wins in 08 was due to a fast count
fast count?? 26min 22seconds

compared to their times on top cena is very beatable compared to bruno, backlund, hogan, bret, austin

·
Registered
3,582 Posts

fast count?? 26min 22seconds

compared to their times on top cena is very beatable compared to bruno, backlund, hogan, bret, austin
That was HIAC 09, I was talking about the JBL as referee match, in that HIAC match, Orton tapped out earlier, so it wasn't clean.

·
Banned
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

The Rock
Brock Lesnar
HHH
Undertaker

That's about it
yes but he beat brock lesnar on his first go and beat him clean. he has beat HHH made him tap and i think HHH is out of action for while. Rock, he beat him this year for the title , clean at WM, undertaker looks about right then.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts

yes but he beat brock lesnar on his first go and beat him clean. he has beat HHH made him tap and i think HHH is out of action for while. Rock, he beat him this year for the title , clean at WM, undertaker looks about right then.
WWE has been careful enough to make sure UT and Cena have never crossed paths at all.Maybe they are planning for a HUGE match sometime at Wrestlemania

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I don't know why people are saying there's no competition for Cena. As faces, many guys who would be competition for him. Punk, Bryan, both have beaten him not long ago, Orton, Sheamus, even a face Ryback, and of course, the old lions, Taker and Trips would also push him to the limit. Don't forget Rocky.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts