Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not only does it look ridiculous... Morrison rarely gets close to landing it in a spot that would hurt an opponent. Can anyone name a worse finisher??? I've got to know!

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Starship pain is no diff than an elbow drop, legdrop or even Swaggers turnbuckle splash move.

Don't see what's wrong with it. On SD he hit the move all the time, I would think the springboard then spinning motion would add speed so that when he came down on the opponent, its supposed to add impact or something.

Though like I said, it's no diff than elbow or legdrop, just looks cooler and harder. I still can't follow how he spins in the air when doing it even during slow motion replay

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
dxbender;8644979[B said:
]Starship pain is no diff than an elbow drop, legdrop or even Swaggers turnbuckle splash move.[/B]

Don't see what's wrong with it. On SD he hit the move all the time, I would think the springboard then spinning motion would add speed so that when he came down on the opponent, its supposed to add impact or something.

Though like I said, it's no diff than elbow or legdrop, just looks cooler and harder. I still can't follow how he spins in the air when doing it even during slow motion replay
starship pain is way different than those moves. the people that use those moves actually executes them. morrison does the twist and usually comes across his opponent with his arms rather than his body. the lead to the turn buckle and the twist and flare to the move, but with him just connecting with his arms most of the time, its hard to believe that he can keep some one down for even three seconds. with the led drop, its a move executed by a huge man in hulk hogan. all that weight across the throat will definitely lay u down for three sconds. it may not look devestating, but u try letting a 260 plus pound man land on your throat. the peoples elbow is all flare but a shard elbow to the heart, i think will leave you down for atleast three seconds. its kinda like the heart punch. swagger splash is way better than starship pain. again, a man of his size coming off the turnbuckle and all the extra leverage to his already large frame and then come crashing down across the stomach will definitely knock the wind out of anybody. a regular punch to the stomach can fold you over for 3 seconds. starship pain is a terrible finisher. it would be a great signature move, but as a finisher..i dont like. oh, and the worm is the worst move ever....

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
Yeh it is called the skull crushing finale.

But yeh Starship Pain is pretty annoying to watch when he doesn't hit it, because it really is an amazing thing to pull off.

I've actually seen a clip of him doing it while standing on the top rope and not split legged, and he executed it perfectly.

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
SP is also one of the most over and one of the most difficult moves to perform.

The problem is he drags his opponents too close to the turnbuckle, he should have learned by now that they are too fucking close

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
9,500 Posts
Suprised nobody has said the Lie Detector yet since everyone hates that so much (I don't mind it).

But Starship pain does need to be changed, or at least start connecting with it.

·
Registered
704 Posts
World's Strongest Slam- Henry lands on his knees before he even slams his opponent down.
Kahli Chop- Nuff said.
Playmaker- I'm not sure if MVP still uses this, but it was awful.
Lie Detector- Sometimes R-Truth does't even connect with this.

I think Morrison's opponents need to be placed a bit further back to hit his move. Whenever I see him do it he overshoots it.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
He honestly barely hits it anyway, it always looks terribly done.
This. I think it is one of the most unbelievable things, that John Morrison never hits the damn move. ALL he needs to do is move his opponent back like a foot or two out from the turnbuckle. The fact that he hardly ever actually hits a finisher that is as flashy as Starship Pain is, delegitimizes it in my mind...

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
All he has to do is move the opponent back. It's not freakin rocket science. He has missed every single time that he has been on Raw and the one with Dibiase was absolutely horrible. The only thing that landed on Ted was John's freakin arm when he reached for him.

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
All he has to do is move the opponent back. It's not freakin rocket science. He has missed every single time that he has been on Raw and the one with Dibiase was absolutely horrible. The only thing that landed on Ted was John's freakin arm when he reached for him.
it was a diving springboard corckscrew headbutt

·
Registered
960 Posts
Ok Seriously, the Khali chop is not a bad finisher. He is massive has huge hands and if he did that to you it'd probably knock you out.

Morrisons finisher is terrible. It represents him well though 'cause it looks nice but it's ineffective, lacks impact and is just shit in general.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
I don;t mind the move, it looks good and he still hits them with his elbow. But I still prefer the Moonlight Drive as his finisher. And yeah there are some pretty crappy finishers like the Lie Detector of the Scull Crashing thing from The Miz and that's a shame, because if The Miz wants so main-event he needs to get a better one.

1 - 20 of 222 Posts