Wrestling Forum banner

Is there a storyline or gimmick that WWE hasn't ripped off and it was there own

4425 Views 46 Replies 30 Participants Last post by  acracker
Is there a storyline or gimmick that WWE hasn't ripped off and it was there own? Thoughts on this
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Banned
4,476 Posts
The Attitude Era.

· Banned
4,476 Posts
What? WCW was nowhere near an Attitude Era until the failed experiments in 2000.

· Banned
4,476 Posts

· Banned
384 Posts
Vince steals everything, sticks to formulas, all served up on a pedestrian production. He can afford to pay good editors and artists to do everything, people who would never work in wrestling otherwise because of his sheer monopoly in the business.

Wrestling excelence = ROH CHIKARA SHIMMER
Events I will attend on my wrestling road trip: SHIMMER 26TH & 27TH MARCH, ROH 2ND APRIL, WRESTLEMANIA 3RD APRIL, RAW 4TH, PWG WINNING 9TH APRIL.​

· Banned
31,598 Posts
You need to be specific. I'd say there were plenty unique storylines in WWE that haven't been told in other media. Flair-Shawn-Batista-Jericho from 2008 is a prime example of good storytelling, Punk and Hardy was a unique feud, Billionaires fighting for their hair, One billionaire with a leprechaun for an illegitimate son etc.

· Banned
176 Posts
Vince build his empire on stealing other people's ideas,plagiarizing and being a vile,disgusting,ruthless son of a bitch.Some may call him a piece of shit for that,i call him a genius.

· Banned
4,476 Posts
Can anyone name a storyline from WCW or TNA that was original?

· Jobber
131 Posts
Undertaker? Kane? MITB match? Royal rumble? Elimination chamber match? These are "gimmick" matches and fresh ideas surely.. Mae Young giving birth to a hand? Who the hell were they ripping off then?! Matt Hardy V1 was pretty original-god knows why I thought of him..... Repo man? Naked Mideon? Random yes.... Surely a whole host of 80's/90's gimmicks were unique, as gimmicks weren't widely used back then...

· Registered
2,362 Posts
Undertaker? Kane? MITB match? Royal rumble? Elimination chamber match? These are "gimmick" matches and fresh ideas surely.. Mae Young giving birth to a hand? Who the hell were they ripping off then?! Matt Hardy V1 was pretty original-god knows why I thought of him..... Repo man? Naked Mideon? Random yes.... Surely a whole host of 80's/90's gimmicks were unique, as gimmicks weren't widely used back then...
Kane is so not an original idea that its almost funny.

· Registered
20,782 Posts
Hulkamania. Making a gimmick that allowed the mainstream audience to embrace wrestling.

Oh, and the concept of sports entertainment.

Reactions: the modern myth
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.