Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
5,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we know, SmackDown! will be moving to USA network starting January 2016, and will also have a new announcer Mauro Ranallo (who's apparently a big deal, but I don't know about him). So I assume it will be a bigger show, and will be given more attention besides Raw.

Do you think that they might be planning another brand split? I think it's unlikely, but considering how ratings have plummeted, I wouldn't put it past them to make a bit drastic decisions. I would certainly welcome it.

What do you think? Would you even want a new brand split?

· Registered
5,957 Posts
As we know, SmackDown! will be moving to USA network starting January 2016, and will also have a new announcer Mauro Ranallo (who's apparently a big deal, but I don't know about him). So I assume it will be a bigger show, and will be given more attention besides Raw.

Do you think that they might be planning another brand split? I think it's unlikely, but considering how ratings have plummeted, I wouldn't put it past them to make a bit drastic decisions. I would certainly welcome it.

NO.

· Banned
6,921 Posts
I'd say there's never been less of a chance of a brand split happening than there is right now. Raw is three hours and Smackdown is two, so unless they go and add a third hour to SD as well, then they aren't gonna have a faux competition between two brands when one of the shows has an extra hour of length to it. I don't think there's currently enough talent to create two separate rosters either.

· The Last Dragon
15,299 Posts

· Bow Down to The Queens
🕷️ MAFIA BELLA 👸🏼
44,691 Posts
Will it happen? Probably not. SHOULD it happen? Absolutely. The title unification was one of the worst things they've done, and it slowly lead to the downward spiral of the product as a whole. There are people we know will NEVER touch the WWE title, so bring back the WHC and put the upper card ceiling guys on Smackdown under Heyman to compete for it.

· Registered
835 Posts
They should, but they won't. I can dream though.

· Registered
1,581 Posts
I really hope so but I'm not holding my breath. Give reigns and superman fans raw, and give the rest of us a competitive smackdown even if its based around the ic belt. Id watch it.

At least I have nxt and lucha underground.

· Registered
39 Posts
Why watch a second rate show with a B-Roster pretend to be fake competition while they constantly trade jobbers back and forth and chase second rate titles when you can just watch NXT which in many ways is actual competition to Main Roster and more worth watching than any smackdown episode from the past 15 years?

· Registered
365 Posts
The only way to really fix Smackdown is to have it be Live and to have real storyline developments happen on it.

id watch it if i knew something would happen on it.

To me its like a house show on tv.

· Registered
11,483 Posts

Reigns should be the face of RAW and Daniel Bryan the face of Smackdown.

You'd then build multiple top guys and a very solid mid-card around them.

You'd keep improving the tag division and have the champions compete on both shows.

What you do with the diva's division...idk... but it needs to get much better. There would only be one champion though.

· Registered
8,293 Posts
As long as paige ambrose Wyatt and Rollins stay on raw I'm down for it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.