Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering about something Cole and Cena said last night. Cole pointed out that Cena is a 12 time world champion after his win, then when Cena said he is a 10 time champion (He is a 10 time WWE champion and a 2 time world champion) then Cole corrected himself. So is it now separate? They always counted both titles as world title wins as HHH is known as a 13 time world champion (8 time WWE Champion and 5 time World Champion). Thanks for any answers.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Sometimes they go with total number of World titles (WHC & WWE combined), and sometimes they talk about only 1 brand titles (in this case the WWE title). I don't think they (announcers) have any logic behind their words as in when to say what fact.

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sometimes they go with total number of World titles (WHC & WWE combined), and sometimes they talk about only 1 brand titles (in this case the WWE title). I don't think they (announcers) have any logic behind their words as in when to say what fact.
Yeah I think its better to count the number of title reigns by the actual title of the brand. I don't see John as a 12 time world Champion, I see him as a 2 time world champion and 10 time WWE Champion, but that's just me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts