Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've noticed many people on here only watch the WWE and/or TNA which amazes me because I always thought that if your willing to spend time on a Pro-Wrestling forum, your most likley a hardcore wrestling fan which should mean at least to some degree, you watch ALL forms of Pro-Wrestling.

For the ones that don't watch anything outside of the WWE whats your reasoning? Is it because its harder to follow? Is it the apparent "spotfests"? Are you more of an Entertainment guy? Is it the fact that the storylines arn't as deep?

I'm not bashing anyone who doesn't watch anything outside of the WWE if thats all you wanna watch, thats fine. I'm just curious to see peoples reasons for not giving anything outside of the E a shot.

·
Registered
22,862 Posts
I've noticed many people on here only watch the WWE and/or TNA which amazes me because I always thought that if your willing to spend time on a Pro-Wrestling forum, your most likley a hardcore wrestling fan which should mean at least to some degree, you watch ALL forms of Pro-Wrestling.

For the ones that don't watch anything outside of the WWE whats your reasoning? Is it because its harder to follow? is it the "spotfests"? Are you more of an Entertainment guy? Is it the fact that the storylines arn't as deep?

I'm not bashing anyone who doesn't watch anything outside of the WWE if thats all you wanna watch, thats fine. I'm just curious to see peoples reasons for not giving anything outside of the E a shot.
Its simply either not having the time or not knowing what product to watch. I do watch Shimmer from time to time though

·
Registered
725 Posts
Nope, mostly WWE.

Aside from the NFL, I know that Monday night at 9 p.m. I'll have something to (hopefully) entertain me.

It's no guarantee that I'll watch SD! (Friday and 21? No thanks), and I tried, but couldn't, get into TNA. NXT is pointless, and I don't care to watch the indies when I ...

1. Don't have the time to between school, work, and play.
2. Don't care to watch what is mostly guys that are not good enough to make it in the WWE. The ones that are will eventually make it, and I can watch them then.

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
Think of it like basketball, almost everyone will watch the NBA, but very few people will ever watch the smaller divisions of basketball, the teams just are not good enough.

Same with wrestling, WWE has the majority of the talent, the good booking and the money, which makes all other promotions "little leagues"... why would i watch the little leagues, when i can watch the WWE :)

·
Premium Member
4,757 Posts
Just WWE mainy, I only watched my favourites in ROH like Danielson and Punk but they're both in the WWE now. I guess its production value, every other wrestling promotions just doesn't compare.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Think of it like basketball, almost everyone will watch the NBA, but very few people will ever watch the smaller divisions of basketball, the teams just are not good enough.

Same with wrestling, WWE has the majority of the talent, the good booking and the money, which makes all other promotions "little leagues"... why would i watch the little leagues, when i can watch the WWE :)
Agreed.

It's sort of like a lot football fan wanting to watch the Pats and Colts this past Sunday ... (it was the only CBS game at 4 p.m.

But a significantly lesser amount of football fans would have watched that game if it were Buffalo and Carolina playing.

The quality of performance is just significantly lower.

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
I watch TNA and ROH because I'm a wrestling fan, as with WWE.

·
HEADBANGA
21,603 Posts
When I first joined the forums back in 05 I only knew of WWE and TNA but these forums opened me up to indy and international wrasslin as well. I guess for some people they don't have the time to check out something different from what they use to know.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I watch WWE Raw and TNA Impact on my DVR weekly. SmackDown is something I'll watch from time to time, but not as often as Raw or Impact. ROH, I haven't watched in about a year or so. Don't get HDNet and don't wanna order their DVDs to just stay up to date. Other indies I don't watch at all.

·
Premium Member
43,690 Posts
No and I could never imagine doing that. That's like saying "This movie is really good AND ITS THE ONLY MOVIE I WILL EVER WATCH!!!". Hell, if we want to bring sports into the mix, I watch Arena Football from time to time and its fun!

If I like the art form or sport, I will watch it and see other version of it if I can.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Hiplop™;9077684 said:

I wouldn't say that analogy is really valid since your comparing Pro-Wrestling which is a complete work to a something like Basketball which has more of a universal standard of what makes you a good and what not.

I'd say the WWE is more like Mainstream Music while everything outside of it is like Underground Music. Take Hip-Hop for example. 50 cent always gets mainstream music play and is played everywhere world wide. Does that automatically mean that he's better than someone like say Immortal Technique or Atmosphere just because he gets mainstream play while they don't? Hell no.

The WWE just happens to be the most popular wrestling promotion in the world mainly just the US and the UK. Its in no way a standard of whats the best and what isn't since wrestling can be whatever the hell anyone wants it to be.

Agreed.

It's sort of like a lot football fan wanting to watch the Pats and Colts this past Sunday ... (it was the only CBS game at 4 p.m.

But a significantly lesser amount of football fans would have watched that game if it were Buffalo and Carolina playing.

The quality of performance is just significantly lower.
Watch something like a Chikara Tag-Match and tell me thats not as good as a WWE Tag-Match....

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
from 2005-2008 my wrestling interest was TNA, Indy (I'd buy stacks of dvd at a time), Puro & WWE (just watch SD/RAW out of habit but loved ECW).

Then I started to get into WWE again in mid 08, at the same my interest in Puro/Indy when down.

Right now i'm dissatisfied with how TNA is so i hav'nt watch it in a few weeks and have only ordered 1 ppv in 3 years.
I've started to get back into Indy/Puro and WWE is the main company i watch (RAW and SD when DVR)

·
Phantom Thief
17,450 Posts
I actually enjoy the fast paced, nonstop style of TNA the most, even if TNA 2009 > Shit > TNA 2010, and it will always be my favourite promotion. I enoy WWE, and usually just download ROH matches on occasion. I love supercards,tours and local promotions though, and Lucha is fun as well.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Well mostly i watch WWE yes, but i also watch hugeloads of Classic Wrestling,which means WWF 1984-2007, NWA 1975-200 and Classic Japan Matches, i know that is not Classic anymore but it's past. I also watch TNA cause i wan't to know what is going down Main Stream. Every now and then i Catch a ROH or NOAH Show or something, i should watch it more cause often it's better Wrestling, but sometimes really not. The thing is i really like WWE Style Wrestling, many times more then any other Style, i grew up with it and like it. When i watch Indy i usually look for Tecnical Wrestling and good High Flying but with a Story behind it, and honestly many times it's just spots, and i get the Stiff Style but on the other hand am not fascinated by it, i don't get what is so cool to see Vader's Eye Pop out and he ending the Match like nothing ever happend...But i do enjoy the stiffness sometimes, looks realer.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Nope, mostly WWE.

Don't care to watch what is mostly guys that are not good enough to make it in the WWE. The ones that are will eventually make it, and I can watch them then.
even if the company you watch is more of a toy company and wouldn't know wrestling talent if it bit them and cares even less about you

while you are missing stuff that you can show show to your friends and family as proof to why wrestling doesn't deserve to be a pimple on the ass of society

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Thats like saying just cause they watch NFL , you think they should be into watching random high school and college games too?

Or like saying , just because you like women you should like the fattest and ugliest ones too?

Or like saying just cause we listen to music we should like every genre and follow unsigned loser bands?

Or like saying just because you like watching quality wrestling entertainment , that we should want to watch wrestling w/o the entertainment half , in high school gyms?

But I think the REAL answer here is , that other shit ain't on TV... and TV provides pro wrestling 4/7 days a week (which is more than enough) so fuck that I and the other non-indy followers aren't going out of our way to see more wrestling than the tons of it already on TV

1 - 20 of 85 Posts