Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First Zeb Coulter isn't acting extreme and he's being very logical in his arguement. For Del Rio to be the babyface they need to paint Coulter as an Extremist.

Second Del Rio's limited english isn't helping him state his case. He needs a manager or spokesperson who can talk. Flair or Ross would help him state his case. Even Bruno could help.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
First Zeb Coulter isn't acting extreme and he's being very logical in his arguement. For Del Rio to be the babyface they need to paint Coulter as an Extremist.

Second Del Rio's limited english isn't helping him state his case. He needs a manager or spokesperson who can talk. Flair or Ross would help him state his case. Even Bruno could help.
Del Rio has never been over, he just sucks. Nothing the WWE can do will make him good. He shouldnt even been WHC, he should be a mid carder at best. I dont see how anything can kill Del Rio when he is already dead

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Killing him? If anything, the Del Rio-Coulter confrontation on Raw was GREAT! Probably the best confrontation Del Rio has had with anyone in WWE

·
Registered
97 Posts
Del Rio is going to get slaughtered in every segment they have :lmao :lmao :lmao

·
Eat the rude
7,685 Posts
Killing him? If anything, the Del Rio-Coulter confrontation on Raw was GREAT! Probably the best confrontation Del Rio has had with anyone in WWE
This!
I actually thought it was a rather engaging confrontation. The only thing I'd criticize is the two times Coulter said to forget the politically correctness (at that point I thought the WWE was gonna grow some balls and have him say wetbacks or something) yet just top it off with "Criminals" as if that was supposed to be so extremist. I do not mean to come off as racist, myself, by even saying the WB word. I'm just trying to make a point. I KNOW they didn't go with actual racist terms because then the show would be wiped off the air. However it's such a tease when someone says "fuck being politically correct" and then call the opposing party "powder puffs". I wanted to be offended damn it! Other than that I thought that the all around segment was pretty good on both ends.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I was cringing thinking "Oh god,Del Rio's not gonna be able to stand up to this" but I was surprised, thought his retort was really good. Spoke to the American patriot in all of us (Yep, even in this Yorkshireman), which was the best way to counter Zeb's hypernationalistic schtick.

·
Registered
21,617 Posts

His ability to speak English shouldn't dictate whether he should be a US citizen or not, that's a racist man's argument. Everything Coulter says comes from the point of view of a bitter man who blames others for his own problems.

·
Registered
856 Posts
The thing is if they do a Promo in a hispanic area like Dallas or liberal town Del Rio will get cheered. But if they do a promo in say Mobile, Alabama, some really southern city. I got felling they'll cheer Zeb and boo Del Rio.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
The thing is if they do a Promo in a hispanic area like Dallas or liberal town Del Rio will get cheered. But if they do a promo in say Mobile, Alabama, some really southern city. I got felling they'll cheer Zeb and boo Del Rio.
Which is why this fued has to potential to be HUGE.

ADR & Swaggs are boring really, both being ok in the ring the match at WM should be good, maybe not WM material but i digress.

Zeb is pure, pure gold.

Despite the positives, i feel the WWE will drop the ball & the fued will slowly shrivel & die.

The current product is nowhere near edgy enough to pull it off to the maximum.

·
Plotting time travel mission.
8,641 Posts
They didn't use the term "Rich" per say, but Coulter acknowledged that Del Rio is a success story.
What I got from that was that Del Rio being a 3 time WWE Champion is a success and no doubt mean you make lots of money in the USA. Coulter mentioned that most immigrants that cross the borders in pursue of the American dream fail. The thing is that Del Rio was rich in Mexico even before heading to the USA. I guess he is even richer than before going by his character.

·
Eat the rude
7,685 Posts
What I got from that was that Del Rio being a 3 time WWE Champion is a success and no doubt mean you make lots of money in the USA. Coulter mentioned that most immigrants that cross the borders in pursue of the American dream fail. The thing is that Del Rio was rich in Mexico even before heading to the USA.
You make a good point. It's either that or the creative thinks we're stupid and is trying to change the character background of Del Rio. First it was that Ricardo merely worked for del Rio like a servant, but now they're best friends. I don't mind them being friends, and Ricardo is amazing, but my point stands.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
They should have had him don the Dos Caras mask and attire ever since the turn. The rich guy doesn't make sense as a good guy. And Ricardo is just annoying.

He adds nothing to Del Rio's face character.

·
Nihilistic Mystics
6,005 Posts
No, because while some agree with Zeb and see him as a babyface if he's "telling the truth" there are also some who disagree with Zeb and see what he's saying as terrible.

So it's basically like that.

Zeb will get massive heat in NY/NJ at WM. Not so much in other parts of the country.

Simple as that really.

·
Premium Member
5,839 Posts
No, because while some agree with Zeb and see him as a babyface if he's "telling the truth" there are also some who disagree with Zeb and see what he's saying as terrible.

So it's basically like that.

Zeb will get massive heat in NY/NJ at WM. Not so much in other parts of the country.

Simple as that really.
Cali,AZ,NM,TX..got sizeable mexican populations...

·
Registered
557 Posts
Rio hold his own and responds greatly against everything Zeb throw at him.

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
That segment was really nice. It was a nice way to start the build-up to their match at Wrestlemania and i thought Del Rio handled it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts