Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
No way, WWE has zero competition right now when it comes to pro wrestling here in the US. TNA doesn't even count at this point with Russo, Hogan and Bischoff holding them (TNA) back they won't be posing any threat in the near future. So WWE, as crappy of a product they have currently are no way near any crisis now or anytime in the near future.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Got fired due to the fact he was too injury prone.
Too early to tell, let's wait for MITB. And Orton made Punk look very credible, needed 3 RKO's to beat him.
What? His last match with Orton, he made him tap out.
He wanted to leave back in 2005 / he was going to start a feud with JBL in 2008
I'd say Wade Barret and original Nexus made Cena look like a bitch more then Cena buried them.
Thank god.
They had a WHC match, and Orton put over Sheamus even if he didn't win, as he was clearly down for the 3-count after the broad kick. Then next week he got a pinfall victory over Orton.
Thank god II

Sorry, but your talking out your ass.
That still leaves a shit load of young prospects that have been hurt because of Orton and Cena. You can't tell me you don't believe that.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
That still leaves a shit load of young prospects that have been hurt because of Orton and Cena. You can't tell me you don't believe that.
Cena and Orton are where they should be, at the top. #1 and #2 face of the company Orton is in his prime while Cena is not close to the end of his career. Cena hasn't held the title for 10 months before extreme rules. Orton shouldn't have won the title, though. They tried to build, Sheamus, Swagger, Miz, Del Rio and they all failed, Riley is probably next in line. It's not the fault of Cena and Orton if these dudes can't get over with the crowd.

·
HEADBANGA
22,341 Posts
WWE is facing no crisis and unless it's financial then there'll never be any issues when it comes to talent. Guys like Punk and Chavo are replaceable (especially Chavo). Punk didn't really become a true player until 2009 and it seems that Truth will be taking his spot as an upper card/ main event heel. Guys come and go all time and chances are Punk will be appearing again but he needs a break and will come back as many superstars have done in the past (HBK, HHH, Taker, Jericho). But if they were releasing guys like Kofi, Morrison, Ziggler, Barrett, and Cody then I'd say we have a huge problem on our hands.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Nothing says Punk is leaving due to frustration. Try the 200+ matches a year, tearing your body to shits, plus the ridiculous travelling schedule and constantly being away from your family and friends.

The WWE itself is bigger than any one wrestler, there's no crisis.
All of this.

The WWE survived after losing Hogan, they survived after losing The Rock, they survived after losing Stone Cold. Chavo walking means very little in the grand scheme of things. And if Punk does leave soon, he'll be back before long, fully rested and better than ever.

I think some of you underestimate how big the WWE actually is. Did anyone think Cena would step up and become face of the company when he was Vanilla Ice II? They will find and create new stars, they always do. It'll take a lot for the WWE to go under, that's how much money and power they have.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Cena and Orton are where they should be, at the top. #1 and #2 face of the company Orton is in his prime while Cena is not close to the end of his career. Cena hasn't held the title for 10 months before extreme rules. Orton shouldn't have won the title, though. They tried to build, Sheamus, Swagger, Miz, Del Rio and they all failed, Riley is probably next in line. It's not the fault of Cena and Orton if these dudes can't get over with the crowd.
Miz didn't fail, he was an outstanding success, just had to say that.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
As a long time WWE fan, i personally hope WWE gets a nice swift kick in the ass.
exactly. A nice 'WAKE THE FUCK UP' would be splendid. And although the 'E has had a few minor bumps in the road with several departures this year and last, it unfortunately hasn't been enough to stop them resting on their laurels. Which they have been doing bigtime. The only thing that could do it is TNA actually being good.

We're all doomed D:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts