Wrestling Forum banner

Is the WWE as stupid as we think they are?

• Yes (Explain)

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • No (Explain)

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • They're just confused.

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
at the end of the day, wwe is in it for the money, not the entertainment. they couldnt care less if the product was good or bad as long as they are making enough.
But here's the thing, they could both make MONEY and be ENTERTAINING at the same time, they just choose not do any.

·
Registered
724 Posts
They're not stupid, they just don't give a fuck enough when it comes to certain things. Nor do they listen to the fans. In fact, this is the only business I know that actually makes fun of their fans lol. They're also lazy too.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
If I have a choice between ineptness and laziness, I'm going to say it's laziness, because they've missed to many blatant oppertunities in favour of the same old, it's not accidental.
Yeah having no competition and having all the stars past and present and future at their disposal will do that.

They have nothing really to prove anymore.

The 80's was the national expansion and vision to take out the territories.

The 90's the company was in a fight to survive the onslaught of WCW taking their top spot.

NOW?

Merchandise sales and trying to be some "Entertainment" vice to compete with movies and tv.

Yeah vision got lost there a bit lol

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
How is it tough? You pick a guy, he rarely loses, he gets a lot of air time, he feuds with the big stars and he wins, he's protected, and eventually he wins the title. This is not hard. They're doing this RIGHT NOW. They know how it's done. Do it with more people.
If producing stars is as easy as you say, why are there so many people (including yourself) getting tired of Roman Reigns? I guess you'll say it's because he's the only one being protected but I think most people would say that it's because his talents just don't match his rank. "Pushes" can be forced because the person in question doesn't live up to his expectations, not only because others are sacrificed for him.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Yeah having no competition and having all the stars past and present and future at their disposal will do that.

They have nothing really to prove anymore.

The 80's was the national expansion and vision to take out the territories.

The 90's the company was in a fight to survive the onslaught of WCW taking their top spot.

NOW?

Merchandise sales and trying to be some "Entertainment" vice to compete with movies and tv.

Yeah vision got lost there a bit lol
The network/ HHH wanting to one up Vince.. There are still some bumps left to make the road less plain and boring.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I wouldn't call them stupid, just dumb and stubborn. I'm actually starting to think that they're "burying" guys just to piss the IWC off.
Well what do you expect from the same people who make fun of their fans then get mad and call their fans cheap when they don't buy their product.

·
Premium Member
3,474 Posts
They're not dumb at all, they're actually ludicrously smart and incredibly good at several things, particularly branding, like Vinnie Mac could open a course on branding and make a tidy sum.

However, they live in constant chaos and as much as the WWE is a massive multinational corporation it still revolves around personalities to a significant extent, which means you get problems from friction between say HHH and Vinnie Mac if their visions aren't matching and you have to constantly deal with unforeseeable events ie Punk quitting then D'Bry getting injured so more often that the show gets booked week to week which makes them seem very stupid on occasion.

·
Asuka
96,550 Posts
If producing stars is as easy as you say, why are there so many people (including yourself) getting tired of Roman Reigns? I guess you'll say it's because he's the only one being protected but I think most people would say that it's because his talents just don't match his rank. "Pushes" can be forced because the person in question doesn't live up to his expectations, not only because others are sacrificed for him.
Who's getting tired of him? He's like the most over guy on the show. The majority of the fans just take what they're given. Yes, his talents don't match his push, and the IWC has realized that and correctly turned on him, but it isn't gonna mean much. People have been tired of John Cena for 10 years and he's still their biggest draw.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Well what do you expect from the same people who make fun of their fans then get mad and call their fans cheap when they don't buy their product.
It's arrogance and when the company was having these kind of issues in 1996-97 they just forced to fix things since fans had a choice to watch it's competition.
The network/ HHH wanting to one up Vince.. There are still some bumps left to make the road less plain and boring.
this would help, but ego get in the way. Remember Raw and smackdown use to have battling creative staffs that got awarded? that stopped quickly and guys like Heyman got removed.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
Sometimes. There are some things where they think it's a great idea and you are literally baffled and appalled at how terribly horribly wrong they were while thinking they were on the right path. Case in point, Christian's two day reign (glorified burial) wasn't even a case of "oh, we'll really get shit on for this but we have to do it anyway because it's the safer option." They literally had no idea that there would be backlash against them for booking that, and you wonder if they actually watched the reaction to the title victory at Extreme Rules because Helen Keller could have called that.

On the other hand though, there are a lot of things where certain story lines were meant to go one way, but someone's politicking means it gets fucked up, and that actually accounts for quite a lot of screwy stuff that happens on TV. I get why people feel like saying "fire creative" a lot of the time but they have little to no power in these situations so :shrug

21 - 33 of 33 Posts