Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in the day Chris Benoit, despite being really quite short, looked like a credible champion because he was so muscular. But it's hard to see the Miz or Daniel Byrans that way because they're quite a bit slimmer.

Is this because wrestlers these days can't roid themselves up, or what?

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Miz looks pretty muscular to me. As for Bryan that's part of his gimmick I believe, plus he'd have a hard time getting truely ripped like the likes of Benoit, Eddie or HHH in his heyday because I think I heard he's a vegetarian. For all we know, Bryans physicality will be the ideal choice over the next 10 years. You think 30-40 years ago it was considered good to be 400 pounds and fat as fuck. We entered the "6FT+, 270 Pounder ripped as hell" era back in 2003 ish.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Muscles are no equal to be a credible champion, nor the lack of'em. In fact, lots of muscles could hurt the styles of, say, Daniel Brian or Evan Bourne.

I believe this is a new tract. A couple of years ago, wrestlers didn't need to look like poster boys for gyms and protein shakers. Some variety is welcomed in the business, not everybody must be a JoMo clone.

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
Not at all, Benoit didn't just get over on his body alone, it was the intensity he put into his matches and how he made everything seem so real. Besides, Bryan is a credible champion, he might not be the biggest guy on the roster but more often than not he looks a lot more credible than a meathead stumbling around the ring.

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,567 Posts
It's credibility and work rate that will get guys like Miz & Bryan to the top.

'Talent cannot be overlooked', was what was said to Bret Hart before he was giving the ball to run with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts