Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We haven't seen it since Abyss won it at Slammiversary. Now it's still on TNA's website under the possession of Abyss but as he's never seen anymore, is this their plan to quietly retire the title? He didn't even have it at Bound for Glory last night. I'm a little disappointed by this as I loved the design of the championship and thought it was good for TNA to have a true secondary title rather than just a glorified cruiserweight championship.

·
Leaving em MESMERMIZED!!
2,897 Posts
no they put it on the backburner for the whole BFG series/PPV which was why abyss "took it to the abyss" he will be returning and so will the belt.

and with this hopeful TNA reboot, they will treat it as their IC/US belt

·
Registered
178 Posts
they treat that belt like crap.. Devon holds it for a year and then just disappears, all the while they could have made a few new stars in the company by holding it and pushing them up the card. Now the same crap is going on with Abyss except it is totally non-existant with no mention of where the fuck Abyss went, how he came back, blah blah blah. TNA has serious problems with pushing new talent these days.

·
ѪѺѪ
1,234 Posts
Could of sworn they retired it when they retired the Knockouts Tag Titles? Either way if it isn't it should be tossed out the window the title never meant anything from the getgo when it was the "Legends/Global" title it's like they never decided what the hell it was...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Back when it was the Legends Title (created by Booker T of the original Main Event Mafia), I thought that the belt will be fought for by the "Legends" (or old ex-WWE /WCW guys), thus freeing the TNA World Heavyweight Championship for the TNA originals and other younger talent. It does seem to be going that way when AJ Styles won the WHC belt that same year and 2 PPVs later he is defending against 2 other TNA originals/X-division stars in Joe and Daniels in a classic 3-way match. Back then, I really thought the real elevation of the TNA originals was actually underway.

Shortly after, Dixie invited Hogan and Bischoff into the company and we knew what happened after that. Since that, the belt is just floating around aimlessly. It is thus no surprise that the belt has gone defunct. The belt has lost its true meaning.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
They should bring it back. They have a lot of midcard guys doing nothing so they might as well use the TV Title to start up feuds. I never understood why Devon held it for so long because he doesn't benefit from holding it one bit.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
They should bring it back. They have a lot of midcard guys doing nothing so they might as well use the TV Title to start up feuds.
Maybe they'll bring it back but I suspect they plan to use the X Division as a jumping off point to the Main Event and the tag division as a route for the bigger midcarders who don't wrestle the X Style (see Magnus' lengthy tag run and Gunner with Storm and now the success of the Bro-Mans).

Given the size of their roster and the length of the show, this approach kinda makes sense.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I hope its still around. Wouldnt mind seeing EC3 have a good reign with it feuding with someone like Samoa Joe or Gunner. I think it needs to be around for guys who arent X Div. wrestlers but arent main eventers. And you cant just throw those guys it Tag Teams so this will be good for guys like that.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
They need more midcard talent but this belt would be perfect for Ethan right now. Have Dixie come out on this weeks Impact and say Ethan is going to wrestle a jobber for the now vacant TV Title. Ethan wins, is handed the vacant TV Title and is the champion.

Later on down the road you can have Abyss return and say that Ethan should never of been handed the TV Title because he's the true TV Champion or you could just award the belt to Ethan and never have Abyss mention it.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
The TV title is not retired. If it was, it would've been removed like the KO tag belts were. It's just on hold for a bit. It should hopefully be brought back now that Abyss is "back."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts