Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I like me
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought that with all the WWE critism, it was worth bringing up this point. Since the 2011 draft, a lot of comments and opinion have been thrown out there regarding Smackdowns stength in depth. It has, in general, been seen as far inferior to Raw's.

There has been a lot of criticism directed at the HHH storyline, but since the concept of the Supershow, Smackdown's superstars have got a lot of exposure. People like Christian, Mark Henry and Rhodes are now seen as major players in the overall WWE main event scene, as opposed to just B-show main eventers, and watching Smackdown this week the characters themselves seemed overall more important. Cody's heat compared to the rest of the Del Rio/Christian/Vickie rebellion stable was noticeable, something he wouldn't have really gotten before Smackdown guys started appearing on Raw.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Smackdown's main event and uppercard isn't actually too bad in terms of depth what with Henry, Orton, and Sheamus in the main event and Rhodes (who I think sucks, but...), Big Show, Christian, and Kane when he gets back filling out the upper tier. Provided, its completely devoid of draws, but there's enough characters for storylines.

The midcard is almost completely nonexistant in regards to depth however. Sin Cara is the only midcard guy they give a **** about to the point they created an evil twin to feud with him while EVERYONE else is handled very inconsistently. Daniel Bryan, Wade Barrett, and Justin Gabriel (who they are very inconsistent with) can't even get on the show for weeks at a time and pretty much everyone else is a jobber by default. As much as I harp on it, RAW's midcard isn't ANYWHERE near as bad.

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
^ Yeah that's basically my thoughts too. The main events and main promos are good on Smackdown, but the rest of the show seems to be low quality filler matches (a few exceptions, but not many).

If you took away the top 3-4 superstars, the whole show would be real boring.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Smackdown's main event and uppercard isn't actually too bad in terms of depth what with Henry, Orton, and Sheamus in the main event and Rhodes (who I think sucks, but...), Big Show, Christian, and Kane when he gets back filling out the upper tier. Provided, its completely devoid of draws, but there's enough characters for storylines.

The midcard is almost completely nonexistant in regards to depth however. Sin Cara is the only midcard guy they give a **** about to the point they created an evil twin to feud with him while EVERYONE else is handled very inconsistently. Daniel Bryan, Wade Barrett, and Justin Gabriel (who they are very inconsistent with) can't even get on the show for weeks at a time and pretty much everyone else is a jobber by default. As much as I harp on it, RAW's midcard isn't ANYWHERE near as bad.
Barrett is on the show every week, the sole exception being last week.

But to the point, Raw is generally better in terms of roster strength. The sole reason that the SD guys seem so prominent is because they are the ones being pushed, as they should be.

·
Banned
107 Posts

Nailed it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts