Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nexus seems to have safeguarded this secret quite a bit...Barrett doesn't want to tell anyone about it and Otunga threatened Barrett with telling them what it was. Is this part of the bigger picture and what might it be?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I haven't thought up anything good yet. Maybe WWE is going to unify the WWE and World Championships, and Barrett worked out a deal with Kane to eliminate Taker so Barrett/Kane could fight for the unified title? I dunno, that's a bad idea I just came up with lol.

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts
Yeah, I haven't really thought of anything, except ending the brand split.
But I think SOMETHING will be revealed at SS. Especially with that SS Promo that Barrett did.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah, I haven't really thought of anything, except ending the brand split.
But I think SOMETHING will be revealed at SS. Especially with that SS Promo that Barrett did.
It does feel like they are going to merge the brands. The Daniel Bryan/Dolph Ziggler feud could result in the belts being unified, with the U.S. Title likely being dropped and Intercontinental being retained. Tag Team belts, Diva's title(s) have already been unified. A lot of the Superstars are also appearing on both shows at this point.

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts
^Yeah, I could see it happening, and there have been all of the rumors.
I don't think it would be a smart move with how many wrestlers they actually have now.
It would be so cluttered.

·
Registered
23 Posts
^Yeah, I could see it happening, and there have been all of the rumors.
I don't think it would be a smart move with how many wrestlers they actually have now.
It would be so cluttered.
Yeah, I thought about that too. How did WCW manage that 10 years ago? It felt like the roster was so huge, but they fit everyone in on Nitro and Thunder. Obviously Nitro being a 3 hour show helped a lot, but there were so many guys. Even the nWo roster was big, obscure guys like Vincent got matches on Nitro sometimes.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Triple H ordered it.

He's been the anonymous GM all along as well as the "secret leader" of Nexus.

He's upset Taker retired his best friend Shawn Michaels, so he's out to end Taker's career.

·
Banned
143 Posts
Triple H ordered it.

He's upset Taker retired his best friend Shawn Michaels, so he's out to end Taker's career.
Awesome never thought about that.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Triple H ordered it.

Was just about to post this. It's the way that makes the most sense.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Triple H ordered it.

Brilliant post, exact same thing I have been thinking since Summerslam. Explains why the GM "hates" Bret Hart, and why they attacked Vince McMahon.

Cena being treated like a bitch is HHH's revenge for WM22 and made to look like a chump for tapping out.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
The way Barrett made the tag title match tonight and ruined the main event to his favour without being opposed by the GM does make it look like the GM is in with Nexus........I thought this was the plan when the anon GM storyline first started (anon gm gave Nexus RAW contracts) but they went away from it, now there's signs it's back again - I think creative have written something fresh for them recently and extended the Nexus program tbh.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
After last nights Raw i don't think anyone can argue that The Nexus attacking The Undertaker was all part of their "bigger picture" and that is why they are not revealing why they did it and why Wade Barrett threatened David Otunga when he said he might go out to the ring and reveal their reasons for doing what they are doing. The one thing i will say though is that this storyline is the only storyline since 2006 and that has not involved either of Shawn Michaels or John Cena that has me intrigued by what might be happening in it.

If as someone else said it is Triple H behind it all though it will be a HUGE disappointment because it will mean a heel Triple H against a face John Cena which is something we have all already seen and will also mean that Triple H and Sheamus will not finish their feud therefore it wouldn't really make any sense. If Triple H had not gone out the way he did with Sheamus "ending his career" then i could see something in it but because John Cena is now a member of The Nexus and it would lead to Cena/HHH at the end of it i don't see it happening and if Triple H is to turn heel again then i think it will be of his own accord and outside of anything to do with The Nexus.

I am praying that WWE are going to unify the WWE and World title at WrestleMania 27 and that Wade Barrett knows this and has made a deal with Kane so that it will be them two for the unified title and this is why Wade Barrett has told John Cena that he can leave The Nexus once he has helped Wade Barrett win the WWE title as Wade Barrett will believe that having Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater, David Otunga, Joe Hennig and Husky Harris alongside him will keep him safe up to WrestleMania. How this will play out up until WrestleMania though i would have no idea because i fully expect a unification match at WrestleMania to either be Cena/Orton or Cena/Taker because those are the two biggest matches in WWE and the biggest match should main event a match of the stature.

Either way though i think Wade Barrett will win the WWE title at Survivor Series and hold it until at least The Royal Rumble and then have a rematch at The Elimination Chamber PPV so that going into WrestleMania he would be involved in a non title but top level feud and match thus leaving any unification match to the biggest names on the roster. For the first time in a few years i am really excited about WWE leading into WrestleMania as this storyline will almost certainly lead all the way into it and in a way it reminds me of the lead up to Bash at the Beach in WCW in July 1996 when Hulk Hogan turned heel because no one knows where this is going although i pray to god that WWE have a plan in hand already.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I said months ago that HHH is the GM. I'm still holding to that.

Heel HHH in charge of Nexus gives the WWE so many story lines. HHH vs UT at WM would be great.

Even better would be reluctant Cena vs UT at WM, with a Cena heel turn to end the streak.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an idea and this might be ridiculous but this is what I think the bigger picture could be...

I think Nexus could be behind all of the WWE titles at the moment (apart from WWE Championship), so that means I think Kane is a part of Nexus, hence why Nexus helped him at Bragging Rights, and I also think that if the Intercontinental Title and The U.S Title is unified at Survivor Series then Nexus will get involved and make sure somebody wins (not sure who yet, I like the idea of Bryan being behind it all along though). And as they already have the tag team titles then they will have all of the belts come Survivor Series if Wade wins which I assume he will.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The " Bigger Picture" is the obvious heel turn of Cena....I know, he makes to much in merchandising. This is all leading to Wrestlemania where Cena ends "The Streak". He is behind Next and if he isn't it will turn out that he jumped on board at some point due to fan reactions to him. The annonymous GM is irellavant at this point in time..could be Trips, Cole, doesn't matter..it is open for debate of course. The big picture though is for dominance,the passing of the torch. Cena is WWE...unfortunatly, but the only true roadblock still is ....the Undertaker, he is synonomous with the WWE. Kane is a pawn, Next are pawns...mark my words...Cena is the mastermind or at least will somehow be portrayed as being the " higher power" . It is a long slow build, which I believe is being used to garner fan reactions and test the waters. If the WWE plays it right, could be bigger than Hogan..but...I'm sure they'll waste the opportunity somehow. Just my two cents.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts