Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
WF Veteran
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So WWE is headed into a *reality era* as of late with the whole CM Punk shoot and Miz, Nash, and R Truth firing even posted about them on their websites.
however TMZ ruined Zigglers storyline about Jackman shattering his jaw. as of late TMZ has a hard on with wrestling.
Do you guys think Reality Era is the right Direction for WWE Right now?

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
Its too soon to judge anything.

but yeah this whole reality thing has limitations, WWE should be careful not to overdo it as in the case of punk. It clearly backfired on him, at one point he simply had nothing to go on, he ran out of material & hence kept repeating the same thing again and again.

·
Banned
17 Posts
Dunno. Even though, as of right now, this "Reality Era" concept hasn't been defined yet. Is there a certain purpose behind it? Is it to please a more mature audience, a reality-based inclined one? Or maybe is it just for the shock value? I cannot objectively judge something that I haven't been able to grasp, let alone judge any kind of direction they're taking.

·
Premium Member
19,291 Posts
If they over do the "reality" thing, then ten years from now, what the hell else are they going to do? Go back to wrestling being full of gimmicks and pretend it's real? The fans aren't going to be that dumb.

·
Banned
17 Posts
I would love if this "period" of wrestling centered around 'rasslers speaking their mind and developing and evolving on their own without the drawbacks of fitting a character holding them down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts