Wrestling Forum banner

To u, is the Miz's Wrestlemania Undefeated Streak legit?

• Yes, as legit as The Undertaker's.

Votes: 22 45.8%
  • No, it's the fakest thing from WWE in recent memory.

Votes: 26 54.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question, really. As we knew it, WWE acknowledged The Miz's Wrestlemania undefeated streak as official, currently standing in 2-0.

But many people in IWC consider it a joke because the Miz lost his dark match at Wrestlemania 25, which was included in the DVD.

Now, my questions are:

1. Do u take The Miz's Wrestlemania Undefeated Streak legit or not?
2. Can it last as long as The Undertaker's Wrestlemania Undefeated Streak?
3. Can it be as big as The Undertaker's Wrestlemania Undefeated Streak? And by big I'm referring to its drawing power and status?

·
I'm going to Disneyland!
682 Posts
Yes, lets all just faceplam

You just failed harder than the OP, which is difficult to do by the way =)

·
Dios perdona, los Perros... NO!
3,915 Posts
I don't quite think OP meant "legit" as in his streak has the recognition, impact and depth as Undertaker's, but I do find it "credible".

It's just part of his gimmick. I'm sure if you researched his claim, The Miz isn't the most must-see WWE Champion in history. Yet he maintains he is. He's a heel, and he's living in a kayfabe reality (as oxymoronic as that sounds, I'm going to stick by that wording) where things need to be taken at face value. Dark matches are dark matches, after all. Whether it happened on the DVD or not, it didn't happen on the PPV - which is what counts. It was just an aside/extra. PPV appearance wise, he is undefeated. Wrestling fans tend to forget that fourth wall sometimes, I guess.

Reminds me of a Botchamania where TNA fans are chanting U-S-A while Sarita and someone else are in the ring. Sarita is a Mexican wrestler. Yes, Sarah Stock was born in Canada but Sarah Stock is not the gimmick she is portraying (even though Sarah Stock does hold Mexican citizenship, which is another fact against this stupidity). I'd hate to wonder how some fans take movies if this is how they approach wrestling. :p

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
Does anybody remember Edge's Wrestlemania streak? That was pretty good. Tag Team Championship wins at Wrestlemania 2000 & 17, defeated Booker T at 18, the MITB at Wrestlemania 21 and his brilliant hardcore match with Mick Foley at 22. He was taken out of the MITB half way through at Wrestlemania 23, I guess to keep his streak going for his match with Undertaker the following year.

In an interesting aside, did you realise that Edge faced a WWE World Champion or future WWE World Champion at every single one of his Wrestlemanias; Jeff Hardy, Booker T, Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, Christian, Mick Foley, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Undertaker, John Cena and Big Show. Oh, and Alberto Del Rio. In every one of Edge's Wrestlemania matches he faced at least one person who at one time or another would be World Champion. Weird.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
This was seriously thread worthy? Wow, this place has gone downhill.

·
Banned
54 Posts
wwe has bee nsuccessfull in making a fool out of IWC

Miz really? he is going back to the midcard and never coming back, keep kissing his ass

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
the miz vs undertaker vs michael cole

holy shit! best match in pro wrestling history

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Michael Cole is also undefeated on Wrestlemania turf...

·
Number 30 in the Rumble
1,622 Posts
I suppose it is legit, since dark matches aren't really official, but it doesn't matter. No way is he getting a streak like Taker, he'll lose at mania in the next year or two.

·
Registered
315 Posts
The Miz knows that the real wrestling fans will know about his dark match and will get peeved about him claiming to be undefeated, its actually really clever of him to work it./ Well done miz, this thread alone means hes playing us like a good fiddle

·
Dios perdona, los Perros... NO!
3,915 Posts
Rob Van Dam is also undefeated. Just putting that out there seeing everyone else is veering off-topic with inconsequential bullshit.

I maintain Miz is technically undefeated at Wrestlemania.

This was seriously thread worthy? Wow, this place has gone downhill.
And you're not helping to add to any of the discussion. While the OP might be "too far out there" there is some discussion within the lines. Your post is no better than any of the other bullshit that's being posted lately - especially within this thread. At least it's unique and not another:

1) Cena & his 5 moves of doom
2) Who did Cena put over?
3) _____ needs a push
4) JoMo is awesome
5) Rock = Best On Mic

Fuck sake. If you want to attack any member for their posts why not start with the obviously blind marks who do nothing but circulate the same crap through each and every topic.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Dark matches don't really count, just like those title changes during house shows don't matter. If it wasn't on TV/PPV it didn't happen. That's WWE's logic.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts