Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First of all flame away. I've heard a lot of people here are assholes just to be assholes, so go right on ahead. Have you noticed Jerry Lawler talking about wanting to hit Michael Cole?(which would get him 'fired'). And there were 2 or 3 times something like that was said.

What would you think if The King retired or quit color commentating? It would be weird for me to be honest although I'm not as big a wrestling fan as I was before, 9 or 10 years ago. Obviously it's changed a lot. Lately though I will say RAW and Smackdown (which I hadn't watched consistently in years until about a month ago.

Anyway I enjoy Michael Cole and The King as a team (used to not be able to fucking stand the guy).

I am liking where the WWE is going lately and am finally being able to get used to a lot of the 'newer' talent getting pushed, and the matches have been a lot better lately for the most part. (Cena actually had a GOOD match on Raw)

Anyway thanks for reading.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Thanks for all your work King, but, eventually, everyone's times comes.

I don't mind the guy at all, I don't care if he's commentating 5 years from now AS LONG AS HE STAYS AWAY FROM THE RING AND DOESN'T HAVE ANY STORYLINE/ANGLE INVOLVING HIM.

·
Banned
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for all your work King, but, eventually, everyone's times comes.

I don't mind the guy at all, I don't care if he's commentating 5 years from now AS LONG AS HE STAYS AWAY FROM THE RING AND DOESN'T HAVE ANY STORYLINE/ANGLE INVOLVING HIM.
I agree. Do you think he should be in the hall of fame man?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Yeah, it is starting to feel like King is retiring soon. It would explain why he's been booked in matches lately and this King/Cole interaction just continues to heat up, so there will surely have to be a conclusion to it sometime soon. In recent months, they've also given Josh a lot of time in the Raw colour commentary role. Maybe they're priming him to take over the role soon?

·
Banned
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
I think King will get fired at the rumble. He has a no contact thing with Cole, but I'm sure everyone expects King to be in the rumble, Cole does something to cost King the rumble match, King gets mad and punches Cole, we're left with a Rumble filled with only Striker commentary and King getting fired for hitting Cole.

·
Banned
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think King will get fired at the rumble. He has a no contact thing with Cole, but I'm sure everyone expects King to be in the rumble, Cole does something to cost King the rumble match, King gets mad and punches Cole, we're left with a Rumble filled with only Striker commentary and King getting fired for hitting Cole.
Appreciate the input man, and everybody else.

Are you(anyone who reads this) personally happy with the way WWE is going? It's looking a lot better as of late,as I said earlier. It's cool to be able to be excited for wrestling again. I'm not as excited as I sued to be, but I'm also a lot older. I still get a lot more into the matches and laugh the the jokes (some) a lot more then the last few years.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
King's been shitty on commentary for ages now. He just doesn't appear to have the same passion as he had years ago and it really comes across when he commentates each week. It just seems like it's a chore to him or something.

Don't really care if he retired, to be honest. Bring up Josh Matthews. <3

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
King's been shitty on commentary for ages now. He just doesn't appear to have the same passion as he had years ago and it really comes across when he commentates each week. It just seems like it's a chore to him or something.

Don't really care if he retired, to be honest. Bring up Josh Matthews. <3
I've been saying this exact same thing for nearly a year. Cole and Mathews make an awesome team. The proof? The first 3 seasons of NXT, and the past 2 months of Friday Night SmackDown. Jerry Lawler is just a dinosaur that's worn out his welcome.

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
I agree. Do you think he should be in the hall of fame man?
:confused:

On March 31, 2007, Lawler was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame by William Shatner, whom Lawler had a memorable altercation with on a January 1995 episode of Raw.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I think he is going to retire very soon. Man, the guy has really lost in the past few months. I can say it now, him and Cole are almost untolerable on commentary.

·
LIVE ACTION!
1,436 Posts
I'd rather King have a Ric Flair/Undertaker/HBK type role as a partially full-time wrestler than behind the commentary table ... he sucks at commentary even worse than in the ring. Replace him with Josh Matthews already, the guy is awesome!

·
Banned
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry if I said a few stupid things. (Such as if king should be in the HOF, I forgot he was.)

I was high as fuck when I wrote this earlier.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts