Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this thread is boring to most of you but I was recently talking to somebody who told me that WWE had no interest in releasing any more wrestling profile or matches DVD's dedicated to this era because the DVD's of Dusty Rhodes, Ricky Steamboat and Best of SNME sold so poorly. Does anyone know if this is true?

Apparently, this is why Ted Dibiase had his DVD nixed which was scheduled for release a couple of years ago and has not seen the light of day since. I personally would like to see this. I know they told Bruno sammartino they will be releasing a documentary on him but will they actually do it? Andre the Giant has never had a full DVD.

I find it pretty sad if there is a lack of interest because many of the wrestlers from this era because these guys lived kayfabe and are often the most interesting outside the ring. I personally would buy a DVD documentary just dedicated to this era but maybe i'm in the minority.

I'm hoping for a Dibiase DVD, a Macho Man documentary, a Warrior DVD that doesn't make him look like a complete bellend ... Maybe I'm dreaming...

So my question is are fans still interested in this era? If not, why not?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Yeah, totally.

However, I think that everybody is just so sick and tired of the way WWE does their biographical DVD's these days - they're so regimented and very rarely offer anything new.

The Golden Age is totally still marketable.

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
The golden era would be the days of guys like Buddy Rogers, Bobo Brazil, and even Sammartino. They just released a deep south dvd that includes Ted and a best of Madison Square. Both if which are still advertised on Raw if you look for it.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
The golden era would be the days of guys like Buddy Rogers, Bobo Brazil, and even Sammartino. They just released a deep south dvd that includes Ted and a best of Madison Square. Both if which are still advertised on Raw if you look for it.
Except that's not the "Golden Era" as we all know it.

That's the WWWF days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts