Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you think that The Big Show is more over now than ever? He seems to have a lot of momentumn at the moment. Do you think he could win the World title on Smackdown?

·
Premium Member
12,098 Posts
For me, he was the most over when he returned in 2008 and turned face against Floyd Mayweather. Then WWE screwed it up by turning him heel in September later that year.

·
Asuka
96,571 Posts
Maybe, idk, but he won't be winning any more world titles, unless they decide to give him one final run close to his retirement like Kane. He's just a filler main eventer. The way the WHC will probably be handled in the immediate future is Edge takes it from Kane, Alberto Del Rio takes it from Edge, Rey Mysterio takes it from Alberto Del Rio and whoever wins the MITB takes it from Rey Mysterio.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
I can't take him seriously as a face and think he's much better as a heel but I definitely believe he's incredibly over at the moment.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Maybe, idk, but he won't be winning any more world titles, unless they decide to give him one final run close to his retirement like Kane. He's just a filler main eventer. The way the WHC will probably be handled in the immediate future is Edge takes it from Kane, Alberto Del Rio takes it from Edge, Rey Mysterio takes it from Alberto Del Rio and whoever wins the MITB takes it from Rey Mysterio.
This is actually exactly what I think will happen. The only thing I would change is if they plan on having someone win MITB who is a very over face at the time, then they would cash in on Alberto Del Rio, maybe even with Rey's help in some way, a run in during one of his promos maybe.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I just want him to put someone over big time, maybe ADR

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Well, i think he's over, definitely very over with the fans right now. One thing for sure is, when someone will finally get a win clean over Big Show in a meaningful storyline, i'm sure that person will become over big time. Hopefully that person will be Alberto Del Rio though, he needs it the most.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
he finally lost some weight after being just another hoss from the mnw

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I just want him to put someone over big time, maybe ADR
He has offered numerous times to put over people, no one seems to want to let him, besides Heyman.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
For some reason ive always preferred him as a face
I think he suits it more because he is a really nice guy in real life

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
He's been over in various parts of his career. His gimmick is just working, and smackdown's roster is comprised of "those other former world champs". Guys who are really past there prime but are still useful: Taker, Kane, Show, Mysterio, Edge. Besides Taker, none of them would be in the main events on any brand anymore.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Not over enough to push a movie.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Don't think this is the pinnacle of him being over but the fans do seem to enjoy him. He's been ruined by too many face/heel turns over the last 10 years. It was a roller-coaster at one point but he has built himself up quite a bit despite everything that went down.

·
Registered
557 Posts
KNUCKLEHEAD

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
So he was a nice guy who everybody liked a few weeks ago... and now he's a jackass who everybody likes? WTF is going on with his character?

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
i read/heard from others that he is ignorant and obnoxious and like Vader is a big baby on the inside

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah I am not like this new Big Show it seems the friendly giant has been done before, I also loved the heel monster Big Show where he just dominated the ring. This jokes a lot Big Show seems so done before to me.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,358 Posts
I think the possibilities of Big Show and a title win in the future are not out of the question. He's top face or second top face on Smackdown and has been booked strongly all year long.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts