115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reminded me of the old JR.

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts
I didn't watch, but if he was excited again, it's probably cause:
1. He's finally calling a PPV.
2. Lawler isn't there to make him depressed and suck all his energy out.

·
Super Moderator
19,307 Posts
I think so. JR was pretty much gold tonight. I didn't get to watch the entire PPV, mind you, but what I saw of it I really enjoyed. He was pretty much awesome, like he used to be.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Maybe it was just me but when they finally got the bolt cutters JR made me feel like it was there last attempt at getting awesome truth...When Jr has nothing exciting he can be a tad boring when he's over shadowed by cole and lawlers bickering..But without lawler He really shined.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
JR was fine during the PPV, better than normal, but he showed flashes of the real JR in the last segment.
Cole needs to stay on SD with Booker, they have good chemistry, JR/Lawler should be on RAW alone, Cole is holding JR down(with Vince in his ear of course)

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
JR was great last night. As was Cole. It sounded like all three were legitimately enjoying calling the show, which is a very important factor when it comes to commentating.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
JR wasn't "old school JR" but was as close as we'll ever get to one. He was on fire last night and, as a result, made Booker and Cole step up their game as well. The ending was epic just for JR's reaction alone.

JR/Booker/Cole need to be the permanent PPV commentary team. Fuck off, Lawler.

·
Registered
826 Posts
JR on a PPV equals instant buyrates. The guy sold that last segment so well, it got me pumped to see what was gonna happen next. Good Ol' JR is hopefully back in town!

·
Registered
851 Posts
yea... he became alive. only in the last 10 mins lol, heard he using the damn word a few times but it was good, more emotion than an offensive language.

besides that the commentary was awful, cole omg, i don't mind little jokes but wtf with all those rants. girls whining is bad enough and now we have a man doing that for a few hours.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
I loved him selling the ending segment. He sounded legitimately disgusted and horrified, which makes all the people involved look great, on top of making the segment seem real and appalling.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts