Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
don't think so but only because i can't see him headlining WK VI in January and i don't see him as a transitional champ for Goto/Nakamura in Nov/Dec.. he's far to young to treat him like a joke doing that. they had a decent 5 minute match on Day 10 of the G-1 so i imagine giving them more time will be a very fun match.

he wins G-1 next year and gets a title run in 2013 i think.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Yeah, they'll have a great bout. But no way in the blue hell he deserves to be the champion, I like him but I see him too green.

And yeah, of course, he can't headline Wrestle Kingdom. Hope Tanahashi win, retain against Makabe in November and Goto finally become champion at WK.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Tanahashi is becoming boring, so yeah. Bring it!

·
Pico pal q lee
3,092 Posts
I would wait for September or October of 2012 to give him the belt. As I said in the Puro thread I would go Goto-Nakamura-Naito (in that order)as the next IWGP champions.

Giving him the title this early might overexpose him. They already tried that with Nakamura in 03' and didn't work so I see no reason why he should be champion right now.

He's had a couple of good matches with Tanahashi (specially their October match last year) and I would guess Sumo Hall will be behind him after what happened in the last day of this year's G-1 so I expect another breakout performance.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
I'd say yes, in that I'd like to see Tanahashi outed as the champ and Naito has been nipping at his heels all year. A short transition reign, passing the belt to Goto or Nakamura could do alot in establishing Tetsuya as a ME caliber talent.
This could also be a great back story for a Tanahashi heel turn.

As long as the match is competitive and both players look stronger at the finish I'd love to see Naito as a fresh young champ, even if only for a short period.

·
Registered
610 Posts
They dont put that belt on him right now. I think they're checking how many people he can draw into Ryogoku. NJPW should finally book some 3 way dance on one of their top events for the title. Tana/Nakamura/Gotoh for the IWGP title at Tokyo Dome 4/1 20th Anniversary Show sounds awesome for me!

Naito should be booked like Gotoh in last few years and face some big outsider, like Shiozaki/Suigura at 4/1. Maybe for the GHC title.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The 2005 Tokyo Dome main event is a 3-way bout of Brock Lesnar vs Kazuyuki Fujita vs Masahiro Chono for the belt. Granted that during the dark days of New Japan but it has happened before Daron. But its safe to say they would never do that again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts