• idk,i think both are equal

Votes: 7 6.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Banned
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
over in the wmxxx speculation thread i read that many were saying taker vs cena has the ability to draw more than hogan vs cena.
as far as iam concerned taker vs cena is everyone's dream match and possibly the biggest dream match now,and it has the capability to draw big for for wm just single handedly BUT i think although hogan vs cena may not be a dream match but it is fuckin HUGE and can easily outdraw taker-cena.
the biggest star of wrestling Vs the biggest star of this era
it can easily do a million buys.
what are your thoughts.
BTW don't come and say the match of hogan vs cena would suck iam just asking which is bigger draw.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Both are huge matches, but I think at this point in time more people would rather see Cena/Taker.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Bringing Hogan back to wrestle Cena now would've been like WWE bringing Bruno Sammartino back to wrestle Rock or Austin in 2002. It's way too late. Hogan blew up like 30 years ago. Hogan Vs Cena back in 2006 or 2007 would've been the biggest match of all time, but now it would be seen as a pathetic attempt to draw.

Taker Vs Cena, on the other hand, is by far the biggest match WWE can do right now. Up until like 2 or 3 years ago, Rock Vs Austin IV woulda been the biggest match possible, but with Taker's WM victories over HBK, HHH, and on a lesser note, Punk, Taker Vs Cena has become THE match. Having face vs face going into the match would be cool, but of course, a Cena heel turn is what we really want.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
Taker Vs Cena, on the other hand, is by far the biggest match WWE can do right now. Up until like 2 or 3 years ago, Rock Vs Austin IV woulda been the biggest match possible, but with Taker's WM victories over HBK, HHH, and on a lesser note, Punk, Taker Vs Cena has become THE match. Having face vs face going into the match would be cool, but of course, a Cena heel turn is what we really want.
we want wwe to upset the status quo

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
It´s too late for Hogan vs Cena, not even casuals would eat that up. Also, looking at how Hogan is doing in TNA, I don't even think he´s such a big draw now. As far as Taker vs Cena goes, that´s a big money match, no doubt about it, probably the biggest yet to be done and with the biggest chances of happening.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Cena/Taker. People honestly don't realize Hogan is not a big draw anymore it's hilarious. He didn't do much for TNA. The fact is Hogan TARNISHED some of his career wasting time in TNA. That's a fact. People have lost interest in Hogan...

5 years ago: Cena/Hogan would be bigger

Now: Taker/Cena is the bigger match

Neither will surpass Cena/Rock though.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
a Cena vs Hogan match at wrestlemania for the WWE Championship could be the biggest match of all time

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
What good would a Hogan vs Cena match accomplish? If the WWE stayed true to its history then Hogan, the most dominant WWE champion of the modern era, would easily defeat Cena if Hogan like Cena was still near his prime. Everyone knows that in a match today that the WWE would have no choice but to have Cena defeat Hogan due to Hogan being way past his prime. It would be redundant to watch this match knowing the outcome would be totally different if Hogan was wrestling in his prime. The match would only be about nostalgia.

Even though Hogan is the biggest superstar in modern wrestling history, the fact is that Taker vs Cena would be a more relevant and compelling match especially with the streak.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
It's quite clearly Hogan Vs Cena but of course no one is going to vote for 2 larger than life superstars in which there is a vocal minority of hatred for, which isn't there for Taker.

·
Banned
70 Posts
Years ago I would have said Hogan vs. Cena but now with Hogan not able to have a match I gotta go with the Undertaker.

·
Banned
810 Posts
over in the wmxxx speculation thread i read that many were saying taker vs cena has the ability to draw more than hogan vs cena.
as far as iam concerned taker vs cena is everyone's dream match and possibly the biggest dream match now,and it has the capability to draw big for for wm just single handedly BUT i think although hogan vs cena may not be a dream match but it is fuckin HUGE and can easily outdraw taker-cena.
the biggest star of wrestling Vs the biggest star of this era
it can easily do a million buys.
what are your thoughts.
BTW don't come and say the match of hogan vs cena would suck iam just asking which is bigger draw.
Now? Absolutely. Hogan is done. He's been done. 2005 or so (against Michaels) was the last time he had a shred of credibility. Really, 2002 was the last time he was really legit. Even though he was old, he still had "it".

He's beyond done now. Taker can still go.

I know it's not real, but there can only be so much suspension of disbelief. Hogan stepping into the ring and beating up anyone has no credibility at all.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
My instant reaction is obviously Taker-Cena seeing as Hogans beyond past it and I just dont know if people will give a shit or tune in to watch him anymore

but then you never really know with hogan as well hes hulk fucking hogan - its possible a wwf wrestlemania comeback for him could just go fucking huge

·
Banned
730 Posts
My instant reaction is obviously Taker-Cena seeing as Hogans beyond past it and I just dont know if people will give a shit or tune in to watch him anymore

but then you never really know with hogan as well hes hulk fucking hogan - its possible a wwf wrestlemania comeback for him could just go fucking huge
Yeah, if he came back and the match was built up as his retirement match on the scale of Ric Flair's retirement match, then it could be one of the biggest matches of all time. I don't see Hogan doing that though. He strikes me as the same as Flair- thinking they're just gonna keep wrestling whenever their bodies allow them to.

I'd actually be scared for him though, if he ever had another match. He'd have to play the immovable object so he doesn't have to move around and hurt himself :lmao

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Anybody who gives a shit about wrestling, including casual fans, know that Hogan has been fucking past it for at least ten years. That's the reason why the TNA ratings didn't really alter when they signed him up.

Hell when was the last time Hogan actually wrestled a proper match?

·
Banned
730 Posts
Anybody who gives a shit about wrestling, including casual fans, know that Hogan has been fucking past it for at least ten years. That's the reason why the TNA ratings didn't really alter when they signed him up.

Hell when was the last time Hogan actually wrestled a proper match?
I think he should've called it quits after his match with The Rock at WM18.

The only other match I would've been excited for was Cena at WM25. I can't help think he was trying to politick with Vince and Vince said no though, so Hogan threw a fit and ran to TNA. I can picture Hogan telling Vince that the fans want him to go over or that Cena would need to return the favor! haha

1 - 20 of 75 Posts