Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I keep hearing people say it will be Taker/Cena at WM27. Is there any truth to that or is it just speculation?

Edit: For the title I meant to put: "Is it likely to happen or is it just rumored"

·
Registered
700 Posts
Use your head on this one. Do you really think something that is 8 months away is confirmed? WWE hasn't given any indication that this match will happen. It's pure speculation.

Last year, everyone went on and on about Taker/Cena at Wrestlemania 26 being a lock, and that didn't exactly pan out.

·
Registered
20,205 Posts
I think it is sheer speculation, but since Taker does not have much more left in him, now would be the time to strike and have it. I wonder how that would happen, though. I would hope it would not be for a title.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Use your head on this one. Do you really think something that is 8 months away is confirmed? WWE hasn't given any indication that this match will happen. It's pure speculation.

Last year, everyone went on and on about Taker/Cena at Wrestlemania 26 being a lock, and that didn't exactly pan out.
That's exactly what I was thinking but I kept hearing it over and over that Taker/Cena at WM27 is a lock and is gonna happen.

·
Registered
837 Posts
It's rumored just about every year. I'd like it to happen as hopefully it would lead to a heel turn for Cena or at least to a change in his character.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
why is this a thread. of course its not confirmed, NOTHING in this goddamn world can be confirmed until it actually happens, the WWE is no different. they can't "lock" a story down that's eight months away, they have no idea what might happen in the next eight months. they might be THINKING about it but its all they can do. however, many, including myself, consider it is at least being considered and very, very possible.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
why is this a thread. of course its not confirmed, NOTHING in this goddamn world can be confirmed until it actually happens, the WWE is no different. they can't "lock" a story down that's eight months away, they have no idea what might happen in the next eight months. they might be THINKING about it but its all they can do. however, many, including myself, consider it is at least being considered and very, very possible.
Well I wanted put likely to happen but come on it's not like it's impossible for Undertaker or WWE to know who he wants to wrestle at WM27.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,792 Posts
We're not even at SummerSlam yet. Obviously it's not confirmed.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Shoot me down if you want, but I think it will either be Taker/Cena or Rock/Cena
:gun: ;)

It won't be Rock/Cena, what would be the reason for it? That they've never faced each other? Who cares?

As for Taker/Cena, I'm really not interested in that match. I have no doubt they'd both put in a great performance but I really don't think Cena should be the one to end the streak since he's done enough in his career already and 'Taker probably shouldn't pick up the win against him this close the end of his career. Better it not happen and leave it an open question.

·
18,792 Posts
If you read my post above I meant to put is it likely to happen or is it just rumored.
I'd say there's a distinct possibility. Some of it's going to depend on Vince's mentality. Does he want to get to Cena vs. Undertaker right away with 19-0 on the line or will he think that that's the biggest possible match he's got left, especially for Undertaker and The Streak, so he'll save it for when Taker goes for 20-0 (after which he'll almost surely retire)?

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
Speculation into next year?? :lmao

What would you people do without speculation??

If it pans out tho, I hope Cena doesn't beat Taker.
The Streak MUST live forever.

...Unless WWE wants Cena as the greatest all time :no:

·
18,792 Posts
:gun: ;)

It won't be Rock/Cena, what would be the reason for it? That they've never faced each other? Who cares?

As for Taker/Cena, I'm really not interested in that match. I have no doubt they'd both put in a great performance but I really don't think Cena should be the one to end the streak since he's done enough in his career already and 'Taker probably shouldn't pick up the win against him this close the end of his career. Better it not happen and leave it an open question.
LOL. Vince McMahon must see the dollar signs in his head, it almost has to happen. (Though I understand your logical points against it.)

I'm inclined to think it'll be one of the few WrestleMania main event matches in his career that Cena would lose. Not even Cena, I think, would beat Undertaker for The Streak because it doesn't really gain him as much as it takes away from Undertaker, if that makes any sense. Cena's already Top Dog, the #1, The Big Cheese, giving him Taker's Streak seems gratuitous. Nevertheless, the intrigue over the match-up would make it a surefire moneymaker, I'd have to think. And the number of smarks on the Internet swearing they'll slash their wrists if Cena wins would make it worth it, because I'd try to make them keep to their word. :rolleyes:

The way I see it, Cena-Taker could be later used in the way Rock/Hogan was in 2002 (and yes, that is to turn Cena heel). The span of time between the match and the heel turn could be anywhere from a few months to a few years, but Cena could always use it to say that no matter what he did and no matter how hard he tried, he could never win over the entire "WWE Universe" and many of them stabbed him in the back when he confronted Undertaker and his precious streak. Sure, it's been done before, but then so has just about everything.

I say all of this because Cena could very well receive a reaction not unlike Rock's in Toronto were he to challenge Taker's streak.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I think Taker/Cena should happen at WM 28, because that's the year where Taker could go 20-0 at Mania and Cena's has the most chances of being booked to end the streak, so yeah it all makes sense for it to be at WM28 IMO.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
I'm going to be one dejected little Undertaker mark if they give this match away at Wrestlemania 27 instead of 28. I'm aiming to go to 28 with the sole intention of watching Undertaker vs. John Cena, and possibly 'Taker's retirement. I would die a happy man if this happens.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.