Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ratings are taking a hit and wwe is competing with Monday night fooball. A bunch of fillers through decemberbisnt going to help. Also with the nba coming up, they have to bring Austin in soon. Or maybe call upon other legends like taker or golberg. So will austin show up look that camera in the eye as he walks down that aisle and raise hell?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Uhh, bud, quit living in the past. Everyone is going to tune in next week to see The Big Show. He is now the Stone Cold of this era.

·
Banned
7,268 Posts
I don't think Austin wants to come back. He moved on with his life.. They can't rely on past talent to help improve the product, sooner or later those guys will be done for good.

·
Nihilistic Mystics
6,005 Posts
Two things. First, no he's not returning next week if ever. Second, how would that help ratings if it was an out of the blue surprise appearance? No one would know to watch. If Austin were to return it would be for either a heavily promoted PPV or announced like 2-3 weeks in advance for a RAW.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
When was the last time Austin was even on WWE television? Early 2011 when he was a guest GM for Raw? Honestly at some point he'll probably make another appearance, but as far as him coming back for anything more than just one night? I don't think it's going to ever happen.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Banned
5,216 Posts
i'm concerned that they'll always have to rely on part timers..thats the sad thing about this company. They suck at building stars...the future of the product is fucking doomed. Look how they booked Cody the night after the Rhodes won their jobs back....he's reduced to the outside of the ring after he got beat down...that's just ignorant booking....It's bullshit how they have to rely on old timers coming back and stealing the spotlight to get business up.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
*Is Vince Mcmahon set to return next week?
Answer,most likely but when's the last time the guy's appearance actually mattered??Only time I was somewhat intrigued by his return was when he had a match w/ CM Punk about a year ago.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
i'm concerned that they'll always have to rely on part timers..thats the sad thing about this company. They suck at building stars...the future of the product is fucking doomed. Look how they booked Cody the night after the Rhodes won their jobs back....he's reduced to the outside of the ring after he got beat down...that's just ignorant booking....It's bullshit how they have to rely on old timers coming back and stealing the spotlight to get business up.
Tbh I don't consdier them to be stealing the "spotlight". They create more spotlight for today's dim "stars" to be seen by more people.

Hate to break it to you, but nobody's entitled to being the only guy in the top spot. You have to earn it by being a draw. You can be a good wrestler in the ring or talk well on the mic, but if you don't draw you should not have the spotlight since you don't deserve it.

This is what IWC fails to understand. Just because you really like someone doesn't mean a lot of other people do, and that people who aren't everyday watchers will want to tune in to see what's happening.

That's what "part timers" do. They don't steal shit, they enhance the "spotlight" and make it brighter so the people who tuned in just to see them might stick around to see the every day guys. Should they never bring in part timers and only push what some of the people who already watch like and nobody else will give a shit about, the fanbase would probably just shrink until they go out of business.

WWE needs to try to appeal to more people than the ones who are already happy with the product.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
For OP's sake, I hope he does. I'm getting a bit worried at this point bro so I hope the glass does shatter and you can put some stank on that.

Didn't you create the same topic a day or two ago?
He's always made Austin return threads for some reason. And they used to be on damn near weekly basis too.

·
Banned
1,695 Posts
He won't.

However that wont stop him teasing it until the day he dies.

So sick of his BS about returning, he just hints at it all the time to keep his name relevant.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
No, from what I've read they wanted him to come back for a feud with Triple H leading to a 'Mania 30 match. But Steve wasn't interested.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.