Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TNA has been struggling to get over the 1.00 cable rating. The previous three weeks TNA has gotten a cable rating below 1.00, yesterday they did a 0.99 but one can say that the NFL Draft influence that a bit, But ever since Sting has been off television the rating seem to be dropping. Is this just a coincident or is him being off Tv took away some of the excitement he would bring from the authority figure role, causing the cable ratings to drop

·
Registered
361 Posts
Possibly, although TNA's ratings have been between 0.9 and 1.2 for years so I wouldn't particularly worry. Anything lower than that would be concerning.

I think Sting has been consistently one of the best things about TNA since 2006 and have really enjoyed his run as an authority figure this year.

He had good chemistry with Roode and gave Roode a strong figure to rebel against. That, in my opinion has been a really big part of Roode legitimising himself as one of the top heels in wrestling and has been one of the reasons why impact has been better this year.

·
Premium Member
44,393 Posts
They were going down while Sting was there, weren't they?

·
Banned
2,080 Posts
BIG FUCKING NO. Stop overrating sting FFS, the guy is a complete nobody outside the wrestling bubble.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
no its actually the opposite...the return of hogan/eric bischoff turned ppl away

·
Registered
11,725 Posts
No, it went down for one of these reasons:

James Storm sucks as the top babyface. The chase is not working.

or

Bryan Alvarez theory: TNA drop the ball for the second time. First, Roode gets build up in the BFG series but lose at BFG. Then a similar situation happen with Storm at Lockdown. I guess he think the fans just gave up with these false hopes. I personally disagree, I just think fans outside the Impact Zone/IWC don't care that much for James Storm. James Storm is like the San Antonio Spurs of TNA, has all the skills but missing that "wow" factor.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Maybe its because wwe had a bad ass wrestlemania. Now that wwe sucks again the ratings should go back up

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
id say they probably dropped because tna has done shit the knockouts for the last month.... and we all know the knockouts get the best ratings.... mickie james hasnt been on impact for 2 weeks... and out of the last month i think shes been on ONCE

instead we get to see old man kurt angle who can barely walk.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
No, it went down for one of these reasons:

James Storm sucks as the top babyface. The chase is not working.

or

Bryan Alvarez theory: TNA drop the ball for the second time. First, Roode gets build up in the BFG series but lose at BFG. Then a similar situation happen with Storm at Lockdown. I guess he think the fans just gave up with these false hopes. I personally disagree, I just think fans outside the Impact Zone/IWC don't care that much for James Storm. James Storm is like the San Antonio Spurs of TNA, has all the skills but missing that "wow" factor.
james storm hasnt been chasing the title for the past 2 weeks and he wasnt even on tv this week so your theory is wrong...however bryan alvarez theory is possible but the ratings were declining well before storm failed at lockdown so i dont know if that is right either.

my theory is that it has to do with hogan and the bischoffs being featured so heavily. from what i see on youtube,twitter,message boards, talking to ppl ...it really has turned ppl off and they are just fed up with tna including myself

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
The ratings started to drop below 1.1 9 weeks ago (the week Russo left), then they dropped below 1.0 5 weeks ago (when Sting was still around).

I dont think you can put the blame on 1 single factor. You can blame the NFL, but even when the NFL doesnt have anything interesting on the ratings still sucked. And even with Russo there they have gotten around 1.0 before. And Sting has been gone before for long periods without effecting the ratings much. So i think its just a collection of multiple reasons:

1. The different booking style, things are more structured and less chaotic (Russo's style), but at the same time that means less surprises and a show without excitement.

2. They focus more on wrestlers that have active storylines right now, everyone else stays at home. So a lot of fans miss their favorites.

3. The fans havent embraced Roode, Storm and Aries yet. Wether we like to admit it or not, there are a lot of old WCW fans who only watch for Sting and the other big names. They dont care about the originals (yet).

4. People cant stand Hogan, Bischoff and the way people like Garrett Bischoff and Crimson are shoved through our throats.

5. We have seen every matchup already, TNA needs new names on their roster to keep things fresh. Watching Styles-Angle XII isnt very special anymore.

6. Wrestling just isnt "cool" anymore, WWE has the same problem. But this is a temporary problem, in Mexico and especially Japan wrestling is becoming somewhat populair again, USA will probably follow in 2-3 years. Wrestling always had ups and downs.

The ratings are approaching the "worst in TNA's history" region, but you cant put the blame on 1 just thing. I think all things i listed contribute to that.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I liked this weeks' OFN episode, but it kind of represents why people are frustrated with TNA, and it has nothing to do with Sting - too many Hogan segments regarding the tag team match, you should of just had the tag champs vs a mystery tag team, the continual HH segments could have been replaced with another good match...Lack of surprises, the roster hasn't change for a while, no new exciting talent and holy shit moments like Brock returning to RAW...the challenging new superstar should have been an old TNA guy to get the ball rolling rather than an unknown...

·
Banned
1,057 Posts
BIG FUCKING NO. Stop overrating sting FFS, the guy is a complete nobody outside the wrestling bubble.
And we are members of a forum about fashion bubble right, you stinking idiot ?

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
I liked this weeks' OFN episode, but it kind of represents why people are frustrated with TNA, and it has nothing to do with Sting - too many Hogan segments regarding the tag team match, you should of just had the tag champs vs a mystery tag team, the continual HH segments could have been replaced with another good match...Lack of surprises, the roster hasn't change for a while, no new exciting talent and holy shit moments like Brock returning to RAW...the challenging new superstar should have been an old TNA guy to get the ball rolling rather than an unknown...
- So TNA giving time to put Joe/Magnus over "best tag team is the business brother" and for the MCMG and daniels/Kaz to express themselves is wrong?
That's like the best part of OFN, hyping up the main event and the challengers.

- Surprises was what destroyed TNA in past, too many stupid crap on TV for the sake of being "shocking".

- TNA can't compete with RAW on that level, impact needs to go into their own "WWF in your house" era and create new talent.

·
Registered
813 Posts
No, Baseball and Basket Ball just started.
I love to complain about TNA, cause it could be better.
But it is better then it was, by a long shot.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
TNA need a new rosters , new people in there how long are we going to watch people like Styles, Kaz, Daniel, Angle, Anderson,Devon, Pope, Morgan, and the Knockouts do the samething every week??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts