Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every week I wonder if Smackdown is a WWE brand or a completely different show. RAW is just a bloody snoozefest (unless it's the night after a PPV or some 3 hour special or the RTWM) while Smackdown puts on consistently enjoyable shows week after week.

Friday nights isn't doing justice for SD that's for sure. The matches, the promos, everything is just done 100 times better than RAW. I'm more interested in Kane vs Edge than Orton vs Barrett.

·
Man Who's Got a Machine Gun
3,855 Posts
Every week I wonder if Smackdown is a WWE brand or a completely different show. RAW is just a bloody snoozefest (unless it's the night after a PPV or some 3 hour special or the RTWM) while Smackdown puts on consistently enjoyable shows week after week.

Friday nights isn't doing justice for SD that's for sure. The matches, the promos, everything is just done 100 times better than RAW. I'm more interested in Kane vs Edge than Orton vs Barrett.
I agree that Smackdown is better than Raw, but Raw is far from a snoozefest. You've got matches involving Daniel Bryan and the whole Cena/Nexus saga going on.

Also, how could you possibly be more interested in Edge/Kane than Orton/Barrett?

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
I find Smackdown boring as hell when it comes to storylines, there is no fucking storylines going on except for Edge vs Kane. There are however lots of matches each week and most of them are good ones, that keeps me watching

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
I think it all depends on what you prefer about wrestling. Raw tends to have a lot more segments/promo's than actual wrestling, where as Smackdown is a lot more wrestling orientated. People who watch it for the main storylines and the lead up to PPV's would like Raw better and people who watch wrestling for actual wrestling matches like Smackdown.

And people who love wrestling altogether, love both.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts

10000000% agreed.
raw sucks and is boring. SD is better always has been.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I find Smackdown boring as hell when it comes to storylines, there is no fucking storylines going on except for Edge vs Kane. There are however lots of matches each week and most of them are good ones, that keeps me watching
Fail.
SD has ADR and Rey, Kaval and Ziggler, when Christian comes back him and ADR.

raw has no storylines other than nexus, you are confused.

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
Really? Because my experiences tell me that SmackDown is boring as fuck this year whereas RAW is highly enjoyable.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
RAW has always been more storyline based, more so than Smackdown, the more wrestling based show.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Both SmackDown and Raw are very boring this year, but at least SmackDown has better matches.

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
Fail.
SD has ADR and Rey, Kaval and Ziggler, when Christian comes back him and ADR.

raw has no storylines other than nexus, you are confused.
Kaval and Ziggler? Wow, one promo and match, now they have a legit feud? Something might evolve from that but right now it's far from a feud. Rey and ADR might be having a little feud thing going on but as much as I love Del Rio, it ain't a very interesting or engrossing feud

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I don't know about you, I have been enjoying RAW far more than Smackdown this past year.
I would agree, I think RAW this year has been vastly superior to Smackdown.

Smackdown has been in a rut since the draft imo. They have had the same storyliens and matches over and over again. You think about a Kofi/Dolph match, or a Rey/Swagger match, and before this year I would have looked forwards to both a lot, however now, after seeing both matches about 10 times each, I don't want to see it again. It was basically the same match over and over again, it was boring as hell.

Rey being champion, and now Kane being champion hasn't helped matters in the slightest, and Kane's reign has been one of the worst I've seen in a long while.

RAW on the other hand have had some great storylines, great feuds and have actually picked up with action in ring on their shows more than they did last year.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Kaval and Ziggler? Wow, one promo and match, now they have a legit feud? Something might evolve from that but right now it's far from a feud. Rey and ADR might be having a little feud thing going on but as much as I love Del Rio, it ain't a very interesting or engrossing feud
one promo and a match starts a feud. Rey/ADR is still a feud, doesn't matter if you aren't interested.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Right now both shows are about the same level of 'meh' to me. Each show has a good moment or two each week but the overall show is pretty lacking.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
smackdown all the way

there are last minute feuds indeed, but hey, if you think a ppv will be the end of a feud then you havent watched wwe AT ALL

kane vs edge is more interesting than nexus vs cena for a simple reason: if you've seen one cena storyline, you've seen them all, cena gets beaten up, humiliated, he reaches a moment in his career he never thought he would reach, he is at his limit, and all of a sudden he overcomes the odds and everyone's back to being happy until the next big heel arrives to be buried

even though the smackdown ppv feuds start 1 or 2 weeks before a ppv, they manage to tell you why should you care, and also the ppv is like a start to a nice storyline, while RAW's storylines just drag on and on and on and they dont see when they will give you a payoff until you start to feel sick of it

nexus vs cena started oficcially after fatal 4 way, and it just kept going on and on and on, the storyline is cool, but cena keeps slightly coming off with the upper hand all the time, it almost feels as if he wasnt' nexus's bitch at all

yes, taker vs kane dragged on, but it finally ended after the third ppv, cena vs nexus has been going on for 6 straight ppvs with them interacting with each other, and while the storyline is quite interesting, the knowdlege that cena is wwe's stupid superman kills off the interest for it because he WILL bury everyone and come up as the best salesman.. i mean... best guy in the company

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
smackdown all the way

there are last minute feuds indeed, but hey, if you think a ppv will be the end of a feud then you havent watched wwe AT ALL

kane vs edge is more interesting than nexus vs cena for a simple reason: if you've seen one cena storyline, you've seen them all, cena gets beaten up, humiliated, he reaches a moment in his career he never thought he would reach, he is at his limit, and all of a sudden he overcomes the odds and everyone's back to being happy until the next big heel arrives to be buried

even though the smackdown ppv feuds start 1 or 2 weeks before a ppv, they manage to tell you why should you care, and also the ppv is like a start to a nice storyline, while RAW's storylines just drag on and on and on and they dont see when they will give you a payoff until you start to feel sick of it

nexus vs cena started oficcially after fatal 4 way, and it just kept going on and on and on, the storyline is cool, but cena keeps slightly coming off with the upper hand all the time, it almost feels as if he wasnt' nexus's bitch at all

yes, taker vs kane dragged on, but it finally ended after the third ppv, cena vs nexus has been going on for 6 straight ppvs with them interacting with each other, and while the storyline is quite interesting, the knowdlege that cena is wwe's stupid superman kills off the interest for it because he WILL bury everyone and come up as the best salesman.. i mean... best guy in the company
:lmao

I could give a fuck about Wade Barrett but there is no way that Edge vs. Kane is more interesting then a feud that has been building up for close to 6 months.

Edge vs. Kane is just a thrown-together match for the PPV, I doubt the feud lasts past one PPV.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
:lmao

I could give a fuck about Wade Barrett but there is no way that Edge vs. Kane is more interesting then a feud that has been building up for close to 6 months.

Edge vs. Kane is just a thrown-together match for the PPV, I doubt the feud lasts past one PPV.
lol true but

tell me, what world title feud actually had a 1 ppv run? (aside from the royal rumble ones), you know wwe, they love to do ppv rematches, dont be surprised if we have kane vs edge at TLC in a ladder match

plus: you just said 6 months in the build, and its a cena feud, you actually think the payoff will be worth it? they didnt pull the heel turn at hell in a cell, and they wont do it now, they will come with some BS to keep cena face

1 - 19 of 19 Posts