Wrestling Forum banner

Is Sheamus's Mic Skills Overrated?

5K views 53 replies 51 participants last post by  Undashing Rom 
#1 ·
I think this guy's mic skills are extremely overrated right now. When was the last time Sheamus cut a good memorable promo on Smackdown? The guy is not even good babyface. He spouts from random rubbish and calls it Irish stories.

yelling "fella" on the mic every two minutes is not good mic work. What are your thoughts on Sheamus's mic work?

#4 ·
I rarely see posts claiming that Sheamus has great mic skills, so how can they be overrated? It's kind of funny that a Bryan fan would complain about someone overusing a word, however.
I do actually find Sheamus's random storytelling entertaining. It's better than what all of the other high-ranking faces are doing.

#5 ·
I rarely see posts claiming that Sheamus has great mic skills, so how can they be overrated? It's kind of funny that a Bryan fan would complain about someone overusing a word, however.
I do actually find Sheamus's random storytelling entertaining. It's better than what all of the other high-ranking faces are doing.
"YES" has become as legendary as "What" chants.

Is "fella" even over?

#23 ·
How in the hell can Sheamus mic work be overrated? when no one on this forum including his own fans praise him in that department. Like someone said, he is not overrated or underrated, he is just fair and get his point across (in his Irish accent), he is no different than Daniel Bryan.

#25 ·
I don't think anyone calls him above decent, so no, he's not overrated.

#28 ·
Who overrates Sheamus's mic work? I don't think I've seen anybody.

He's always been a average mic worker, who can usually hang in promos when he's not making silly jokes and crappy facial expressions. I'm not a fan of Sheamus, or his mic work, but he's not an overrated mic worker in my opinion.

#29 ·
He's pretty decent. Doesn't particularly stand out, but I've never seen him botch a promo. I'd say he's a straight 5/10. I do however think he has that certain undefinable factor that makes his character seem legitimate and sentient. That same important quality that makes some superstars seem more real or believable than others, regardless of their mic skills or acting ability. When you watch Dolph Ziggler cutting a promo for example, you see right through him - you see a dude acting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.