Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since his WM win his popularity and fan base has gone down and seems to get more boos than cheers. I find his one dimensional as Cena as well doing his own 5 moves of doom version. I think it's a matter of time before all fans get tired of Sheamus and his super gimmick. Anyone else agree?

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
I think it will depend on his opponent. I don't think that he'll be as disliked as Cena, or will provoke an equally passionate response, but I think there will always be a pocket of fans who vocally dislike him.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
The boos he gets are most likely because of the 15 sec victory at Wrestlemania. I an sure he will stop getting boos after his feud with Danial Bryan ends.

Funny how WWE booked that match hoping to get him super over, but it ended up going the opposite direction.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
God I hope not.

I like Sheamus, I have ever since he got that monster face push back in early 2011. But he is not good enough to replace Cena, let alone be in the top 3 of the company.

·
Fairy Hunter
1,783 Posts
No, he isn't.

If he stays with the company for seven more years, remains as a face and plows through everyone on the roster like Superman, THEN he'll be becoming the new John Cena.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
The boos he gets are most likely because of the 15 sec victory at Wrestlemania. I an sure he will stop getting boos after his feud with Danial Bryan ends.

Funny how WWE booked that match hoping to get him super over, but it ended up going the opposite direction.
That will be the correct answer, it’s quite obvious really, he is nowhere near the level of the Cena hate. The hate came natural with Cena due from his horrible stale character while fans actually gained respect and support of Sheamus.

What really funny about all of this is, as a Heel Sheamus was getting some mix reactions from the audience and it was at CHICAGO last year at MITB Sheamus came out to a huge reaction.

To even go back further in the past where Sheamus was set to defend his United States Championship at Wrestlemania 27 against Daniel Bryan, the live audience popped big for Sheamus while Bryan came out to a solid reaction. It’s really funny how times has changed but yes Sheamus unfortunately had suffered the backlash of the 18 sec. deal thanks to WWE stupidity.

But near the end of the Sheamus/Bryan match at Extreme Rules, Sheamus did had a handful of support from the crowd which kind of surprised me.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Yeah he hasn't lost a match in ages.since his face turn he rarely lost.Step 1 of Becoming John Cena=Rarely Losing.
Step 2 of Becoming John Cena=Never Tapping out.Step 3 of becoming John Cena=Squashing his opponents.He's taking the Cena Path of becoming SuperHuman.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
In terms of crowd reactions, no. In terms of character, probably.

·
Banned
258 Posts
Hate Sheamus, lol.

He's not interesting at all, never have been for me. His "stories" are boring and cheesy as hell. In fact, I actually find Cena more interesting than Sheamus. Cena's character, admit it or not, is better than Sheamus'. What's his gimmick anyways? Great White? Just talks about beating a guy up and ends up almost choking to death?

Cena's been interesting the whole year round already. Getting hated to the max in his feud with Kane, then now getting beaten to a pulp by Lesnar. What did Sheamus do? Brogue Kick Daniel Bryan in 18 seconds? Oh wow, that's really interesting. He never even had a decent storyline.

People say he has a better build fitting for "face of the WWE" than Cena, which i disagree. I don't know if it's just me, but I find his whole look really bland. He's not one single bit interesting. If you people find him interesting, I just don't get it. His mic skills are as bad as Orton's and Del Rio's right now. So boring, uck.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
give him war paint and make him more of a celtic warrior like in fcw and he'd be more solid

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
How's he the new/next Cena if they're in the same generation? They're nothing alike, other than they way they're booked.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
It's shocked me that it's taken people so long to actually start talking about this. He's booked like the new John Cena to a tee. In fact, John Cena's not even booked to the same extent that Sheamus is booked to. At least Cena is actually interesting. Sheamus is boring as fuck and just wins. His match at Extreme Rules was pretty good, but I genuinely think that was because the crowd made it interesting. (and no, it's not because Chigago was behind Daniel Bryan because they weren't, it was a bizarre reaction to that match and it was very intriguing).

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Sheamus actually did ok at ER, I thought the crowd was gonna be severely harsh on him, probably like Summer Slam 2002 was to Rock, but they were slightly mild imo.

·
Banned
914 Posts
What's with the hate of the "Super" people?

Had you people forgotten that the guy who saved the WWE from near extinction in 1998 was one "Super" Stone Cold Steve Austin?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
What's with the hate of the "Super" people?

Had you people forgotten that the guy who saved the WWE from near extinction in 1998 was one "Super" Stone Cold Steve Austin?
He drunk beer, and fought his boss every week. He was an anti-hero, Sheam and Cena are bland superhero archetypes.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
He drunk beer, and fought his boss every week. He was an anti-hero, Sheam and Cena are bland superhero archetypes.
This.
There's a difference between being an interesting face booked strongly and coming about and just hitting finishers on jobbers every week, and winning every singles match and formula tag match you're booked on each week. Sheamus is in the latter category.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts