Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wade Barrett was a diamond in the rough, Kaval is a proven world warrior, is Kaitlyn really showing so much potential that she warrants being clled the winner? Now, winner's don't always last (look at miz, maven, a-ri), but do you think Kaitlyn warrants winning this season?

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
Not when AJ Lee was on it. In the first two seasons the best guy won. The best girl in season 3 was AJ by a considerable margin. Naomi was athletic and good in the ring but had no personality. Kaitlin, Aksana and Maxine all had great looks and in most of the cases a personality but none of them could wrestle. Jaimie was ugly, couldn't wrestle and wasn't great on the mic (hence her firing). AJ is fucking adorable, has a personality and can wrestle better than any of her peers. She should have won make no mistake about it.

·
#StayClassyWF
1,084 Posts
If people don't think Kaitlyn is valid, think about this.

The Winner of NXT gets a title shot at a Pay-Per-View of their choice.

Wade Barrett cashed his in at Night Of Champions in the Six-Pack challenge. He lost.

Kaval cashed his in at Survivor Series against Dolph Ziggler. He lost.

Kaityln is likely to end up facing Natalya before too long for the Unified Divas Championship.

An NXT Winner has to win their title match at some point don't they?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Pretty much anyone except Jamie would have been a better choice. Obviously WWE don't care about wrestling skills but if they wanted someone who was hot, decent to good on the mic and had a personality then both Aksana and Maxine had Kaitlyn beat. I really didn't like AJ at first because her character was so annoying but she started to win me round with her wrestling skills towards the end of the competition, she wasn't great on the mic but she was passable and I think she was the best girl overall.

So why did Kaitlyn win? If Vickie hadn't been her pro I really think there would have been a different outcome. Aksana and Kaitlyn were the only girls to be involved in a storyline, which gave them both a big advantage, especially Kaitlyn. Even though AJ wasn't involved in any storyline, she was still quite popular. AJ should have won.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
You don't think Wade Barrett had the most potential do you? I mean, Daniel Bryan is far more talented than Wade Barrett (and anybody else who's come from NXT) and has greater potential when it comes to being a singles wrestler. Barrett has strong skills on the mic, no doubt. But he sucks in the ring, while Bryan is solid on the mic and amazing in the ring. Bryan consistently gets bigger chants as a face, than most faces ever see in their life. And he's doing it on his own with pure skill, with no stable or major gimmicks. And we all know its harder to get over as a face, especially a new face, than it is a heel.

Now you saw how Bryan was treated on NXT. He wasn't even close to winning. Otunga lasted longer than him.

Is Kaitlyn the most talented? Of course not. Naomi and AJ are way better in the ring, and more athletic. But Kaitlyn is as good or better in every other way. Especially her mic skills, looks, charisma, and her strength. And that shows how much potential she really has, because she had none of the experience they had when coming onto the show.

Unlike Barrett who started NXT already in his prime years and has limited time to improve, Kaitlyn is very young and has a ton of time to get better in the ring. If she does, she'll be the star of the division. So I'm fine with her winning. Its no more or less legitimate than the other seasons.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
To sum up season 3 Naomi or AJ should have won and should be in the WWE right now having some intense matches. Naomi feuding with Nattie and AJ feuding with Laycool.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is Kaitlyn the most talented? Of course not. Naomi and AJ are way better in the ring, and more athletic. But Kaitlyn is as good or better in every other way. Especially her mic skills, looks, charisma, and her strength. And that shows how much potential she really has, because she had none of the experience they had when coming onto the show.

Unlike Barrett who started NXT already in his prime years and has limited time to improve, Kaitlyn is very young and has a ton of time to get better in the ring. If she does, she'll be the star of the division. So I'm fine with her winning. Its no more or less legitimate than the other seasons.
Most valid argument I've heard so far. I did not focus enough on her to get how much she improved from the beginning until now, but I assumed working with Vickie and being paraded around allowed her to show what she had more than the others. You could be right.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Seeing as how I don't consider season 2's winner valid, I feel the same of season 3's.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Seeing as how I don't consider season 2's winner valid, I feel the same of season 3's.
Exactly. I never considered Kaval a valid winner. He has about as much to offer as a tree stump, which is why he's getting pushed that way.

Kaval and Kaitlyn are nowhere near the legitimacy of Wade Barrett.

Now, winner's don't always last (look at miz, maven, a-ri), but do you think Kaitlyn warrants winning this season?
Uhhh.....Miz is the WWE Champion, I think that counts as "lasting", and what the fuck did Riley win?

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Barrett is nothing more than a solid mic worker who can't wrestle for a pinch of shit. Kaval is nothing more than a solid wrestler who can't speak for shit. Kaitlyn is nothing more than a hot blonde and a goofy attitude. Nobody out of NXT, aside from Bryan, have offered anything of substance to the mainstream audience.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I just don't see how they can possibly have a great angle ready to go for Kaitlyn. I'm not a writer but her "goofy" antics, her blunt anti-passionate style in promos, and everything else about her just seems hard to book.

Being the "winner" of NXT doesn't mean anything, everyone from the show still has a future or never had one to begin with. I just can't see how Kaitlyn's personality fits WWE. But she's hot.

Needs to slim down a tad bit to make it on Raw's swimsuit matches I would imagine. She is smokin' hot though and it makes sense for AJ to lose and go home crying since AJ is basically the female version of Kaval last season.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Uhhh.....Miz is the WWE Champion, I think that counts as "lasting", and what the fuck did Riley win?
They lost the competitions they were a part of but still became decently famous in wwe.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Mixed feeling. Kaitlyn is like the David Otunga of diva division, both have good look, interesting personality and they're also quite charming yet totally shitty in the ring. Does she has potential as a wrestler? Maybe, it might take years for her to improve in the ring, but she seems to have the right passion for wrestling based on her twitter comment so it's already a good sign.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
She might not have as much fan support by the end of the season as someone like Barrett did, or even like someone like AJ did, but in terms of the impact she'll have on her division, she might have the biggest impact of all the nxt winners.

Look at barrett, he made it into the WWE but ended up having a stable with him from time he debuted on raw till now.
Kaval had a single title match and not really much exposure afterwards.
Kaitlyn enters a divas division which sucks and seeing the amount of ppl that like her already, she is easily ahead of most of the wwe divas, regardless of how good she wrestles.

Though NXT is just like a sports draft or even a reality show. The #1 person(or winner) isn't always the best person. The person who stands out the most in the draft(or reality show) might not even make it in the top 2 or something. You can't really judge someone based on a few months.

Look at tough enough, Morrison never even won it and he's one of the most successful people to come out of tough enough.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
If people don't think Kaitlyn is valid, think about this.

The Winner of NXT gets a title shot at a Pay-Per-View of their choice.

Wade Barrett cashed his in at Night Of Champions in the Six-Pack challenge. He lost.

Kaval cashed his in at Survivor Series against Dolph Ziggler. He lost.

Kaityln is likely to end up facing Natalya before too long for the Unified Divas Championship.

An NXT Winner has to win their title match at some point don't they?
Oh god, god no, I will be extremely pissed if Kaitlyn is the first to win the NXT winner title shot, especially if it's against Natalya.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts