Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
E:16
6,195 Posts
I'll take Mae Youngs corpse on a pole match over a lot of what I'm seeing recently.

Reactions: Casual Fan #52

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'd love it if Russo was booking again; he developed some great and interesting story lines in the past. And I loved the shoots on Raw a few days ago. Raw has been boring for way too long and this way most interesting version of the program in a while.

·
Banned
839 Posts
:lol :lol :lmao @Bro.

@Draykorinee

Bro I'll take Mae Young's offspring Hand(decrepit, decayed hand since it was born in 1999!) on a pole match..but the pole must be inside the Hardy Compound and the match must be a Fatal 4 way involving Broken Matt Hardy, Brother Nero, Bray Wyatt and Braun "I'm gonna get that hand" Strowman :lmao :lol :lmao :lol

·
Registered
688 Posts
I agree wrestling needs stories - but I don't really believe Russo is a good story teller at all.

He is good at coming up with interesting one off segments (or at least at one time he was good at), but I can't think of too many long arching stories Russo was ever responsible for. I don't really think he was capable of it.

Maybe the whole "higher power" stuff? The Kane slow burn reveal was a Prichard idea.

I think Russo could be a contributor to WWE, but I wouldn't want him running the show and I don't think Russo plays nicely with others either.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Russo burned all his good ideas back in the day but it would improve the product immensely for everyone to have a story and defined characters. Also, I liked how Russo would have different stories overlap, which rarely happens anymore.

So, I guess you could say WWE could use a "Russo" and not THE Russo.

I think it might actually help to cut down on the number of writers
^ This

And I think bringing actual Russo back would encourage the mindset for others do focus on story making, and then he could be gotten rid of. I do think his presence would help a lot in the early going of this change.

·
Registered
9,794 Posts
I agree wrestling needs stories - but I don't really believe Russo is a good story teller at all.

He is good at coming up with interesting one off segments (or at least at one time he was good at), but I can't think of too many long arching stories Russo was ever responsible for. I don't really think he was capable of it.

Maybe the whole "higher power" stuff? The Kane slow burn reveal was a Prichard idea.

I think Russo could be a contributor to WWE, but I wouldn't want him running the show and I don't think Russo plays nicely with others either.
The Greater Power stuff didn't make sense, and when they got stuck with the Vince reveal, they sped past it really quickly. So it probably was a Russo idea. And it sticks in people's heads so much that they forget it was "Greater Power," not "Higher Power." Fun little Mandela effect thing.

The Kane slow burn was probably parts Prichard, but Cornette was also against blowing things off with him too quickly. But when you're dealing with the WWF, it really is a Vince McMahon call.

Fun little game: Think of someone Russo booked to be a star outside the WWF. It's really hard to do. You might be able to say Jeff Jarrett in WCW, but...uh, that sucked, haha. No one in TNA looked good when Russo wanted them to. He flattens people out.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts