Votes: 11 16.4%
  • NO

Votes: 56 83.6%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Head em up, Move em out
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love or hate the guy i don't think anybody can argue that a WWE wrestler has divided opinion quite like Roman Reigns has recently.Every time i log onto the WF the bored is just filled with thread after thread about Reigns

Vince seems to have made his mind up that Roman is the man to take up the brass ring that Cena has held for the last 10 years

I think the amount of Reigns marks and haters is pretty even,For every person hating there seems to be somebody defending the guy,Just wanted to do a simple yes or no poll to see where the WF members actually stand on the topic

I will personally vote no as i see to many flaws in the guy for him to be the man to lead the company.I don't think he has the natural charisma,his in ring ability isn't the best and he needs to do a lot of work on his mic skills,Saying all that i don't actually dislike the guy though.
It seems on this forum you cant say anything negative about him without some mark jumping down your throat and getting on the defensive,And vice versa with the haters,Some of the stuff wrote is well over the top and i don't think for 1 second the push that he is getting should be shit on as easily as it is

I am all for change and after having ten years of Cena rammed down our throats i am all for a new guy to step up and take the brass ring,I am just not convinced Reigns is that guy

I don't want this thread to turn into the usual Reigns/Bryan marks bullshit arguments that every other thread seems to turn into. just want members opinions on weather Reigns is the correct guy to hold the brass ring and be the face of the company

·
Banned
2,322 Posts
No. Not yet.

Rollins is the man who has it all the now and the most rounded performer in the WWE. If they turn him face he could make them mega, mega money.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
No he isn't. You usually need talent that makes people want to pay to see you. Reigns won't be able to talk anyone into the building nor will he be able to captivate with his wrestling. What is he good for?

·
Registered
12,000 Posts
Tag match, tag match, main event for title. The guy's Mania history.

1 win in a singles match on ppv. Now main eventing for ultimate singles belt.

Fuck no he isn't the correct guy.

He was hid in the Shield behind 2 more deserving guys, now surpassed them in booking.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Vince said you had to work for the brass ring. And Reigns has not, making Vince a liar...well nothing new there.

If he was a decent enough wrestler and promo guy, fine, i may not have liked it as much as going over my favorites, but he is none of these things.

If he improves, great. But the problem is - he is not ready now. And honestly, I really do not think he will ever be ready - he has not shown enough improvement in the last year to expect him to be at the piss poor level of Cena in six years, let alone decent.

·
Registered
12,000 Posts
I'm curious for Austin to kayfabe ask Vince how did Reigns reach for that brass ring and others haven't. He has been the hot tag for 2+ years. Nothing more. No promos or funny segments as Dean or no great matches as Seth has.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
No. We were robbed of potentially one of the greatest matches of all time and the challenger is being substituted for a guy that has NOTHING going for him except for "Da Look"..

There is no way that the last 30 seconds of Wrestlemania 31 isn't ending with 75,000 fans simultaneously booing. What a sure fire downer to an otherwise well booked show. Almost every single fan is going to walk out that area deflated and wanting to kill themselves from depression.

I hope it was worth it Vince. Roman Reigns sure as hell isn't selling out the 100,000 plus AT&T stadium next year and you can "Belee Dat"

·
Head em up, Move em out
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm curious for Austin to kayfabe ask Vince how did Reigns reach for that brass ring and others haven't. He has been the hot tag for 2+ years. Nothing more.
I think it was pretty obvious from the first interview that Austin has no interest in asking Vince any questions that might rock the boat,I thought Austin would be his own man and get stuck into him about the shit he pulls every week but sadly not,It seems Steve is just like everybody else and is content to just pick up a pay check

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
That brass ring is not something to be given..It's something you take yourself...

WWE gave the keys to the top to Reigns without earning anything himself.. That's why he will be a failure..

Also 0-27 :lmao

Reactions: TrentBarretaFan

·
Banned
5,743 Posts
Tag match, tag match, main event for title. The guy's Mania history.

1 win in a singles match on ppv. Now main eventing for ultimate singles belt.

Fuck no he isn't the correct guy.

He was hid in the shield behind two more deserving guys now surpassed them in booking.
This. It's absurd really. Brock only worked three ppv singles matches before he went over The Rock and they were all in the 8-9 minute range. So WWE have done this before.

However the difference in booking and just the all around presentation of Brock were 1000x better than Roman Reigns.

The guy was legitimately scary looking, had unnatural strength and power, had better cardio than Reigns despite being about 40-50lbs heavier than him at this time and was clearly a MUCH quicker learner than Reigns is.

Brock was the kind of freak you can give these type of rare pushes too. Goldberg another.

Reigns doesn't have that appeal or impact on the viewer that those beast like athletes did.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
35,477 Posts
Yes. He's got that larger than life personality that WWE has lacked for so long. He feels like an actual star, he sells all kinds of shirts, and he pops crowds by doing the bare minimum while others have to break their necks falling off of shit to get that kind of attention. This isn't even his final form. When he turns heel, he'll be the best act on the roster. Believe That :reigns2

·
Registered
2 Posts
No, he isn't. Eventually he will be able to take on that challenge, but he just doesn't have the required skill yet. He has potential, but that potential needs to be molded/shaped for the next few months or years. So no, not yet.

·
Head em up, Move em out
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Eh, I thought it would be a little closer, but a lot of the Reigns fans are competent enough to realize that he's not even close to being ready yet.
Looking through a lot of the Reigns threads there is loads of members on here who are loved up with the guy.
I didn't think it would be nowhere near as one sided as that anyway

1 - 20 of 31 Posts