Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, i know another roman thread, but is he really vinces #1 pick?
Vince has been high on brock since the moment his sculpted body walked in the door, vince pushed him to the moon and back..
Now sure reigns was getting a strong push but thats when brock looked like a certainty to go back to ufc.. now he has signed for 3 more years..
Vince pays brock more than anyone else on the roster to do less work than anyone else on the roster, that shows far more than anything that he is high on the guy still.
Is vince going to pay brock 4-6 million a year to sit in the mid card or is he going to pay him to outlast punk as champion then put over some one he thinks is 100% the guy later.
Its all up in the air at this point, brock signing again gave vince and trips the breathing room to book for the future without needing to rush anything.
The wm 31 main event could go a lot of ways at this point and to think reigns is winning it 100% seems silly to me.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Re: Is roman really the guy?

Brock cant be face of the company with limited dates. It is obvious it will be reigns unless plans change

Edit: besides, brocks reign has been terrible due to lack of apperances. They would be stupid to continue that for too long. I hope reigns loses tho.

·
#HAIRBEAR #TEAMPALE
5,256 Posts

He is the guy they're trying to make the future #1 . Been obvious for a while.

that being said if he doesn't get over Vince will pull the plug somewhat. Orton was the companies guy in 2004 and when Orton was kinda struggling they slowed it down and gave Batista/Cena the top spots. Orton was still a main contributor but he was never the top guy after that imo.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts

He's the man Vince's wants as his new guy, he's pretty much buried every other face aside from Cena and Sting to make sure no one is stealing Reigns thunder. He's the guy who's going to beat Lesnar come Sunday (the reason Taker streak was broken) and he's going to be pushed to the moon after WM, expect a year long title run. Look at the promotion he's been doing this WM, no ones had that since Cena's first huge WM.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts

I dont think he is, but it's going to take an awful lot to get Vince to come around to my way of thinking.
The only way he's going to take notice is if the TV ratings get seriously bad and Reigns doesn't pull in big money on T-shirts and stuff like that. But I doubt things will get that bad, Reigns will always have people that dislike him but Vince will sadly win around people to Reigns with the constant pushing down people's throats.

·
Registered
18,879 Posts

For the forseeable future, I think it's a toss-up between Reigns & Rollins.

If this whole fisaco this year hadn't happened with Reigns, I'd say Roman Reigns all the way but with it's gonna take a couple of years for the audience as a whole to connect with Reigns. And by then, :rollins might've surpassed him. Cena's gotta officially pass that torch soon and WWE might've caused Roman to miss the boat.

·
Registered
560 Posts

He is the guy they're trying to make the future #1 . Been obvious for a while.

that being said if he doesn't get over Vince will pull the plug somewhat. Orton was the companies guy in 2004 and when Orton was kinda struggling they slowed it down and gave Batista/Cena the top spots. Orton was still a main contributor but he was never the top guy after that imo.
I'm thinking Vince has already pulled the plug - for now. He's gonna go with the fans at WrestleMania and Reigns will either win by cheating and turn heel, or lose and turn heel on Raw. Then it's on to the Rocky Maivia plan.

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I can see lesnar holding the title until 32 vs rock tbh, its vinces wet dream if he can make it happen.
And i have no problem with the part time champion thing anymore, gives me a reason to care about the mid card belts.

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts

Say Brock does get double-crossed by Heyman, there'll be their Raw rematch (and Lesnar throwing fits) but once that rematch is dealt with Brock could be used in attraction dream-matches (vs Rock, Bryan, Orton to name a few) to pull crowds to the main PPVs which would excuse his absences since he is no longer champ though if he retains (or wins rematch) he could go on a 'record' titlerun but it would be more from default since he'd be part-time. This absent champ repeat would then give us more exposure (and stronger pushes) of the IC/US titles in an attempt to rebuild their relevance which could be easily achieved with Rusev/Cena as champ and Bryan/Ziggler/Ambrose/Zayn/Balor/Neville feuds for IC.

·
Registered
12,478 Posts

If you have to ask...then there's a problem. No, he isn't and its a shame they couldn't just wait 1 year to actually build him up . Have him work longer matches at house shows and have mid/upper card feuds to really round out his mic skills but nope Vince loves shoving his favorites down peoples throats and demanding we want him as "the guy" . I don't understand the idea of leaving money on the table with countless guys who have gotten over organically but the WWE cut them off at the knees for absolutely no reason other than to feed their own ego

·
Banned
7,451 Posts

OP, he is the guy of the moment.

there's been a lot of guys of the moment. Going all the way back to mid 2002.

None of them, and I mean None of him have filled the void the true "GUY" left:

·
Banned
9,176 Posts

Brock cant be face of the company with limited dates. It is obvious it will be reigns unless plans change

Edit: besides, brocks reign has been terrible due to lack of apperances. They would be stupid to continue that for too long. I hope reigns loses tho.
Brock's reign wasn't terrible because

1) he has The Mic Incarnate Paul Heyman as the day to day guy, and

2) he gave us the best PPV main events of the year. Nobody will remember that other shit.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts