Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
3,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Ring of Honor is currently dealing with a lot of financial issues that basically come from Sinclair Broadcasting, which owns ROH, not getting more behind the company.

COO Joe Koff met with head officials at Sinclair back in December to try and get them to expand the budgets for 2015 and 2016, pushing the idea that ROH could become the #2 wrestling promotion in the country. Koff brought Adam Cole and The Briscoes to the meeting for them to do pro wrestling style promos on how TNA was losing steam moving to Destination America and that ROH could become #2 in the US. The pitch reportedly failed.

ROH's December pay-per-view, their second show on standard PPV, did just 8,000 buys and that didn't help things either. The 8,000 number is said to be under the company projections but not by a large number.

Sinclair officials told Koff to be more disciplined with spending this year. There's a feeling that Sinclair wants ROH for consistent programming on their network but are not interested in investing a lot or taking chances to build them.

These financial issues are the reason why talents like Roderick Strong, Maria Kanellis and Mike Bennett aren't under contract. As noted before, TNA, Lucha Underground and New Japan Pro Wrestling all have interest in signing the duo of Kanellis and Bennett.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Very interesting news if true, Sinclair seemingly wants them to cut costs, and yet the jojo feel of the TV shows are what keeps the company from growing imo.

Be prepared to be labelled a TNA fanboy bashing ROH because there was a similar thread about TNA.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
no it's just stagnant

·
Banned
3,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This was posted in the ROH discussion thread weeks ago.
This is major news that was hidden within the roh tv weekly thread, it deserves its own thread.

I hope Sinclair starts investing more in roh cause wrestling is my favorite sport by far. I also hope they get tv in chicago!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Also, I think with the rumors that Spike is interested in airing specials from them. I think that's a positive sign.

·
Banned
585 Posts
As noted before, TNA, Lucha Underground and New Japan Pro Wrestling all have interest in signing the duo of Kanellis and Bennett.
LOL what a BS rumour. No one wants these two hacks.

·
Hug Life 'til I Die
19,011 Posts
I don't think there is much to this "story."

·
Registered
9,861 Posts
I don't think there is much to this "story."
There isn't. OP is just a butthurt TNA fan trying to troll. Here's a comment from him in the Samoa Joe thread from the TNA section:
Wow! what a double standard this forum is towards tna and roh, If it were a financial article about tna losing money that type of article would have been 20 different threads, spin a million ways with 20 more threads. lol lol since it internet darling ROH its swept under the rug.

first i have seen of that article and its dated feb 4 2015

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I'm on the front row for Saturday's show in Atlanta.

If I see any crumbling, I'll dutifully report it here.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
ROH has set itself as the pinnacle of Indy wrestling. If you are in a RoH you are on the fastback to the next level (whatever that may be... NXT/TNA) ROH needs to exist in whatever form it can... It's so important to the landscape of wrestling and we should all support it in any way we can.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.