Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the mic: No. And absolutely no chance. I lost that faith some time ago

In the ring: Well, Im surprised at the rate he is improving....Trying things we have seen before from other people but trying it himself. It wont be match of the year, but he can maybe full a decent match against Brock.

I do notice that Reigns does better matches with people technically more able than him such as Bryan, Rollins, etc.

·
Registered
12,478 Posts
It's an optical illusion. This is what happens when working with the best in the company in Bryan , Rollins , and soon to be Lesnar. That's what they're there for, to make Reigns LOOK better(or strong) but in honesty he shouldn't be learning how to work a match, have better cardio and get better on the mic AFTER he's headlined wrestlemania and win teh title. That's just insane to me

·
Banned
4,039 Posts
I don't think many care at this point tbh. We shouldn't be looking at if he's improving, we should be looking at classics from him already if his push was deserved. Especially if he faced Bryan.

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No. He's getting worse.
Your opinion means absolutely nothing if you cannot back it up.

It was damn near impossible that Reigns got worst.

It's an optical illusion. This is what happens when working with the best in the company in Bryan , Rollins , and soon to be Lesnar. That's what they're there for, to make Reigns LOOK better(or strong) but in honesty he shouldn't be learning how to work a match, have better cardio and get better on the mic AFTER he's headlined wrestlemania and win teh title. That's just insane to me
Well, you could be right that working with people like Bryan and Rollins makes him look better. But you have to give him credit as his moves arent done alone.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Agreed. He's still bad in the mic, but he's slowly improving in the ring (wrestling DB and Rollins helps), but I still don't think his match with Lesnar will be any good. Not the type of wrestlers that mix well IMO, plus the crowd probably shitting on the match.

·
The Man
25,726 Posts
Yes he has improved a little. He is still super protected in promos and in the ring, so he hasn't improved enough where they have confidence in him like they do other upper midcarders and main eventers.

But it doesn't matter really. He could have been at a standstill and the Usuals would say they see improvement or he's getting better. Or he could be actually getting better and the other people would act like he hasn't improved at all.

It's like Rollins on the mic, he's vastly improved and cut some pretty damn good promos but the same people act like he's still awful.

·
Oh My Goddess
3,580 Posts
Yes he's improving to some degree. Though moreso in the ring than on the mic, where he really needs to work on his confidence and delivery.

There are going to be significant bumps along the road. That is what happens when you push someone with less than a years worth of experience in solo wrestling on the main roster into the 'Mania main event. The lost months due to his hernia don't help either.

They should stop restricting him in the ring. He needs whatever cool moves and spots he can deliver well at this point as his limited speaking abilities and the corny material he is given pretty much guarantee he isn't going to wow people on the mic.

Ambrose was so much more ready for this in 2015.

Reactions: CJ

·
Registered
82 Posts
Your opinion means absolutely nothing if you cannot back it up.

It was damn near impossible that Reigns got worst.

Well, you could be right that working with people like Bryan and Rollins makes him look better. But you have to give him credit as his moves arent done alone.
His promos were always shit, but he never stumbled over his lines the way he has ever since he returned from injury. He's regressed drastically on the mic.

He also never botched his moves with the same frequency as he does now.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
He should've gotten the Rollins push. It would've benefited him to be around HHH more and it would've allowed him to gain confidence on the MIC as a heel. Then in 2016 he would've been far more prepared for the spot he's getting.

But I'd say he's improving some.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes he is, which just shows his major push could have been put on hold for like a year. Instead, we have post after post claiming Reigns is getting better! Reigns is earning his spot! That's all fine and good, but I don't believe you should be "earning" the spot you've been placed in. You should have already earned it from the start.

Regardless, he is getting better. I just still don't care for him, unfortunately.

·
The NEW
13,471 Posts
Haven't noticed any improvement at all.

His promo delivery is still cringeworthy & his matches suck, except for the PPV match he had vs. Bryan.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,744 Posts
Here is the thing, the fact we even have to have this discussion; whether Reigns is improving or not, pretty much shows the guy should not be in the WM Main Event.

But to answer the OP question, is he improving, yes, as anyone with any talent should, given time and opportunity to do so, but a person, like many others have said, should not be in this stage of "improving" when they are the focus of the biggest show of the WWE's year.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts