Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know he's only really on NXT and FCW right now, but it makes me wonder if they're trying to give him as much experience as possible (especially by pairing him with Jim Ross occasionally on FCW) before finally making him the long-term successor of Jerry Lawler as Raw's colour commentator.

Anyone else see this as a possibility? Or do you think his reasons for being strictly on NXT and FCW are because WWE see him as being solely on that level? I was thinking of Tazz and how he seemed to move up to SmackDown after only a brief period on Heat, but then he was never anywhere close to commentating on RAW which is, of course, the "main" job.

So do you think that the WWE see a big future for Regal on the announcers' table, or is he going to stay as a minor figure?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Nah, Vince apparently wants King to stay on commentary as long as possible...

Jerry admitted that he didn't like commentating anymore on an interview yet he still has a job, I doubt Vince even reprimanded him from fear that he might just quit....

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
Hopefully! You can tell Lawler hates his job and RAW suffers because of it. He'd be much better than Booker T for RAW, too.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Regal would be a good commentator to do things like giving background info on superstars, and calling the moves preformed and all that.

WWE will still need that other commentator who can go crazy at the announce table in order to overrate moments like JR always did.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Only if Regal would be a heel commentator. He gets boring over time after watching episodes of NXT.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Regal does a good job getting the upcomers over, but he's wasted where he is and is surely getting a promotion sometime.

·
Banned
87 Posts
Regal as always has a touch of heel to him which is great but he's much more of a play by play guy for me, the match up with JR should be good though as JR can still provide the over the topness you expect from a colour commentator. Its proven good on FCW but could be better.

If you need a more permenant person to pair Regal with, get Heyman on that contract as a color commentator!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts