Wrestling Forum banner

Is Orton boring or not?

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting this thread because I was arguing with someone in another thread over whether Orton could survive in Japan. I claimed Orton was boring and he said that I'm not being objective and questioned whether anyone else thought the same way. So heres my thread for it. Is Randy Orton nowadays boring or not?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Not Boring. But OP must have a boring life to open this poll.

Orton was the most talked about guy in all of wretling just from 1 tweet.

Got a good match out Jinder. who can say he did that?

Orton is The GOAT! Boring? he just dont give a fuck.

·
Banned
5,081 Posts
Most people on this forum at least will agree with you that Randy Orton is boring. There's a bunch of reasons we've been into a million times before and will go over again in this thread, but yes. He seems like he shouldn't be boring, he seems like he should be the favorite, but he's boring.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most people on this forum at least will agree with you that Randy Orton is boring. There's a bunch of reasons we've been into a million times before and will go over again in this thread, but yes. He seems like he shouldn't be boring, he seems like he should be the favorite, but he's boring.
Guess from the current posters on this thread, who I was arguing with that Orton was boring over.

·
Fearless University Graduate
16,127 Posts
He's just been around for so long and done everything there is to do. He's also a guy who doesn't have to fight and claw for his spot anymore so when he's in a feud/storyline that doesn't interest him he doesn't give it 100%. When he's involved in something that he finds enjoyable though there's very few wrestlers in the world more interesting and entertaining than him. He's a guy that the IWC is very hot and cold on, when he's at his best his fans talk loudly about him, but when he's stuck in crap like the Wyatt feud then his detractors become very vocal.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Depends on the case. Face Orton maybe the most dull and boring guy to watch on the roster but when he's heel or is motivated he can be pretty dam good and he really needs to spice up the viper gimmick. He's done the same thing for so long now that again people find it dull.

·
Oh Becky Becky, Becky Becky Becky Becky Becky Lync
2,270 Posts
When he's not overly motivated then he can be pretty boring, then again, who wouldn't be?

When he's motivated then he can be pretty entertaining, his title reigns are always seemingly dull though but that's not Randy's fault.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
He's just been around for so long and done everything there is to do. He's also a guy who doesn't have to fight and claw for his spot anymore so when he's in a feud/storyline that doesn't interest him he doesn't give it 100%. When he's involved in something that he finds enjoyable though there's very few wrestlers in the world more interesting and entertaining than him. He's a guy that the IWC is very hot and cold on, when he's at his best his fans talk loudly about him, but when he's stuck in crap like the Wyatt feud then his detractors become very vocal.
Before he won the title at Mania people on here spent months saying Orton had never been that interesting in years.

·
Fearless University Graduate
16,127 Posts
Before he won the title at Mania people on here spent months saying Orton had never been that interesting in years.
Exactly. Prior to the Wyatt feud turning into pure wrestlecrap most people were raving about how great Orton was, and how entertaining he was. But one shit feud later and he sucks and is insanely dull apparently. We all know Wyatt feuds are terrible, WWE just book Bray Wyatt so poorly and his feuds are so bad in every way, but still Orton gets blamed for his Wyatt feud being bad.

Orton just has ups and downs. He was great at the end of his Authority run, everyone loved "coked out Randy" then he was taken off TV to film a movie and didn't recapture that spark until the Lesnar feud, which he's kept up, but the wrestlecrap at times Wyatt feud has dampened that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I wasn't watching during the era when he was supposedly interesting when he was doing the punt, but since I got back into WWE in the last 4/5 years I can't remember a single time I found his character interesting.

To me everything about the guy is bland. His entrance is boring, his promos are boring and most of his matches are dull unless he's in there with someone really good who the crowd is invested in (see his series with Daniel Bryan). But yes these things are all subjective so I'm sure other people find him very interesting, but he has never done anything for me personally.

·
This Post Is Rated R
2,754 Posts
Like others had said, when he's motivated he's great, when he's not...eh.

Regardless though, he's one of the best in ring workers in WWE and his finisher is the most over in WWE too so he is and will always be seen as entertaining and over with the casuals.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
When they give Orton an edge, he's pretty good. His feud with Brock last year was the best thing he's done in a while.

You can tell that Randy is literally just going through the motions at this point though. Turn him back into an aggressive heel and let him beat the hell out of someone. Hell, let him have that edge as a face.

·
JANUARY 5TH
4,314 Posts
There is no need to tell same thing over and over again. Orton has been boring for months now. Just tell it like it is. Last time he was really really entertaining was this moment;

Fuck WWE for destroying this great momentum Orton had and went with the way they went for WM. Orton in this segment seemed bigger than anyone in the company.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I personally don't think he is.But, can definitely see why others say so.
Wyatt is booked like crap & it will spread to everybody who feuds with him maybe it be Ambrose,Cena or Orton.
The only reason people think it's okay for Jinder to main event is because of Orton's star power.Only other guy who can main event with Jinder is Cena.
Only time people cared about Harper,wyatts or AA was due to Orton.Without Orton in Cena's absence the smackdown live events revenue would have been shit.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Is he currently at Legend Killer level? Of course not, but I've always enjoyed him. I've also always respected him for sticking to his guns on his style of wrestling and refusing to change to the more spot heavy, high risk stlye. Not knocking that style at all as I love it too, but there's a reason Randy gets so much respect from his peers for his understanding and execution of the fundamentals. It is a bit ironic that the guy that many say is boring owns my fav WWE spot of this decade with his RKO to Seth at WM. He's innovative when he needs to be.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts