Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you think that Randy Orton is becoming more popular/a bigger superstar than John Cena? discuss.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
since Survivor Series- John Cena seems to have more momentumn than Orton, but im not sure- the fans cheered equally loud for them at the TLC PPV and Orton seems to have momentumn since that steel cage match on raw.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
Bigger superstar? Nah.but he comes to bigger pops and the fans are gonna turn on Cena at some point during this CM Punk rivalry.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Bigger superstar? Nah.but he comes to bigger pops and the fans are gonna turn on Cena at some point during this CM Punk rivalry.
8 year olds won't turn on Cena, espesh if they're are w/ their parents who don't cheer/boo anyone because they don't know them, as for the rest ... only NY, Tornoto, Chi etc. I could see that happening in.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
8 year olds won't turn on Cena, espesh if they're are w/ their parents who don't cheer/boo anyone because they don't know them, as for the rest ... only NY, Tornoto, Chi etc. I could see that happening in.
This.

·
Registered
31 Posts
They Changed Orton so he could have a different audience with the "No more Mister Nice Guy" Speach but there are so many little kids in the WWE that Cena will always have the biggest Audience

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
wwe is trying too hard to make randy a new stone cold it is kind of pathetic

rattle snake - Viper (really yeah that was'nt obvious)
changed his pose to the stone cold pose
etc.

randy is a good looking guy no matter how many tats he puts on he wont change this austin was a rugged looking guy who did'nt have the six pack oiled up look

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
John Cena has the crossover mainstream appeal due to his extra-curricular activities. I never hear about Orton doing anything so no. (give me some examples of stuff Orton does outside of wrestling)

·
Registered
694 Posts
I wouldnt say a bigger superstar because more people outside the wrestling world know Cena. But what I would say is Orton gets louder pops than Cena but it really depends on what city they're in. Some nights Cena's pops are louder and some nights Orton's pops are louder.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
As for the question, I don't see any reason why he can't atleast level his star power if WWE market him and invest a hell of alot into him now that he's a face, he's starting to be advertised alot more when WWE are promoting stuff like tours, games (he's the main star on the cover of SD v. Raw 2011 over here in the UK and Cena isn't even on the cover), if he is shoved down are throats and utilized correctly, calling him Cena's equal could be a legit claim in 2 years time IMO. Plus he has youth on his side and Cena I don't think is going to be the biggest star all the way untill he calls it quits, unless WWE invest in him nonstop for another 5 years. This is coming from a big Cena fan btw.

·
Banned
681 Posts
No, i dont have a clue what they are doing with Randy Orton. Im not going to just say "Orton is being turned into Austin" even though i do think that. If i was booking Randy Orton i would put him in a proper feud with someone instead of filling the blanks with him.

·
Registered
648 Posts
They're close. I think WWE should keep them on equal footing because right now they have two main faces, one who appeals to kids and one who appeals to the older crowd. I'd like to see them both stay as equal as possible.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
It's only a matter of time before they become tag champs togheter and whop both rosters asses at the same time. And both the crowd and the IWC will go nuts, but for completly different reasons.

Reactions: Whake and Agmaster
1 - 20 of 88 Posts