Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's only just hit me what Truth actually raps in his new entrance.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
GETTING CRUNK IS NOT PG

"MOM, CAN WE GO GET CRUNK"

"NO TOMMY, WE CANNOT"

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I've wondered what the hell they were thinking about when they allowed him to come out to that but then I realized that their corporate office probably has so many sticks shoved up their collective asses that they probably aren't aware what "Crunk" means.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Another instance of WWE marketing insulting it's fan base's intelligence. Extremely disappointing. Besides the fact that Truth is an awful musician. (judging by what he puts out in WWE)

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
Seriously, what you guys think getting crunk is?

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
He also encourages kids to "knuckle up" and "blow the roof off".

Get in fights and play with explosives children!!!

·
Banned
417 Posts
It depends. To some it is a style of music. To others it means a coked out drunk -or a "crazy drunk," at least according to some rap dictionary.

In terms of pop culture, however, especially with modern rap and gangster rap, it's used in the "coked out drunk" sense of the word.

I think we should figure out how he should rewrite his song to fit the PG mould better. Any ideas?

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Don't forget "knuckle up."

I think he also says "buck up," which could be translated into Jericho saying "buck up, little troopers, soon I'll be back to Save_Us from this shit."

That whole song is fucking stupid, and so is R-Truth. His crowd reactions are totally dead since he changed songs.

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
It depends. To some it is a style of music. To others it means a coked out drunk -or a "crazy drunk," at least according to some rap dictionary.

In terms of pop culture, however, especially with modern rap and gangster rap, it's used in the "coked out drunk" sense of the word.

I think we should figure out how he should rewrite his song to fit the PG mould better. Any ideas?
Get rowdy?

·
Banned
417 Posts
Right time for me to get bananas!
Step up my game, c'mon let's get bananas!
Musa is another word for a banana!
So single file, vote for Linda, and don't smoke pot --
Eat bananas!

....Gosh, WWE Creative should just hire me already.

·
Registered
559 Posts
theres 3 different meanings, chronic+drunk= crunk, cracked out+drunk= crunk, crazy+drunk= crunk. i believe it derives from the south and ice cube used i publicly for the first time in 94 i believe. what the word means now is beyond me. i say we all send letters to wwe saying our kid told there teacher they wanna get crunk and got them suspended lol

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
I googled what crunk means and it said

1.Letting loose & expressing yourself?

2.Crazy drunk

3.Originally a cross between the words crazy & funk

Um...... but yeah the song is horrible

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,952 Posts
Right time for me to get bananas!
Step up my game, c'mon let's get bananas!
Musa is another word for a banana!
So single file, vote for Linda, and don't smoke pot --
Eat bananas!

....Gosh, WWE Creative should just hire me already.
I'll file your paperwork first thing in the morning.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Didn't the whole "Get Crunk" thing die in 2004? I used to like R-Truth, but his new song is horrible, and Eve is horrible.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Oh I thought he was saying crump in reference to his dancing now R truth is making a lot of sense but still his music ain't crunk at least I think.

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
I think he also says "buck up," which could be translated into Jericho saying "buck up, little troopers, soon I'll be back to Save_Us from this shit."
It's get buck, which means getting buck wild. So come on kiddies, get wild and uncontrollable, crazy drunk, kick some ass and blow places up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts