Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12,870 Posts
Re: Is Pulp Fiction the best Tarantino movie?

Reservoir Dogs might be better.

Maybe it's because I love plays but Reservoir Dogs is, more or less, a one set movie where the tension gets tighter and tighter until it explodes. The character portrayal and development is also second to none.

It's a tough call though and you'll probably get a different answer from me each time you ask.

Regardless it can't be denied those two movies prove without a shadow of a doubt that Harvey Keitel is one of the coolest guys ever.

·
Premium Member
44,049 Posts
Pulp Fiction is very good, but for me, Reservoir Dogs will always be my favorite of his work.

I love the chemistry between the characters and the overall tone and structure of the film. Its just so good! It also has one of my favorite movie scenes ever with "Stuck in the Middle With You".

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
I think Pulp Fiction is better because the out of order story and the multiple main characters only tangentially related to each other's stories are done extremely well. The pacing and flow and lack of narrative confusion is incredible. Pulp Fiction might be the best editing job in film history

·
Registered
12,870 Posts
I think Pulp Fiction is better because the out of order story and the multiple main characters only tangentially related to each other's stories are done extremely well. The pacing and flow and lack of narrative confusion is incredible. Pulp Fiction might be the best editing job in film history
You're right not just about Pulp Fiction but all Tarantino movies up until I think Inglorious Bastards. The editing clearly defined and enhanced Tarantino's writing style.

RIP Sally Menke.

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
Personally, I like Hateful Eight, Django and Kill Bill more.

Maybe that's just me. :shrug

I do love the quotes and certain scenes in Pulp Fiction, like the watch scene, but the movie as an entire whole doesn't get me like those ones do. I still love it, obviously, but not as much as them.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,029 Posts
Pulp Fiction is his most celebrated film and has become something of a classic film from the 1990s, so influential it proved to be. It is the film for which Quentin Tarantino will always be known above all others.

Jackie Brown is my personal favorite of Tarantino's body of work. Reservoir Dogs, Death Proof and Inglourious Basterds are all excellent, and Reservoir Dogs irrevocably changed the mien of American independent cinema from the 1980s to the 1990s. It's another classic of sorts.

Jackie Brown's soulfulness and humane sensibilities make it stand just a little taller for this viewer, but he has amassed a strong body of work over twenty-five-plus years now.

Reactions: Zone

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
Pulp fiction had Samuel l Jackson spouting brilliant lines. But I have to give the nod to Django. Dr king Schultz and Mr candy are some of my favorite characters. And Samuel L Jackson's portrayal of a own race hating black man was gold

I'm not a huge Tarantino fan though. I respect his work but very rarely can I sit through one of his movies. I don't know why either.

·
Standing with The Man
6,113 Posts
I personally feel Tarantino hasn't made a bad movie, I love all of them for different reasons and depending on my mood. I own all on DVD and now Bluray and regularly watch them. Kill Bill series is personal fave though but I can appreciate how much of a classic Pulp Fiction was and on another day it could be my favorite. :draper2

1 - 20 of 34 Posts