Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,965 Posts
I know there's only been 2 UK Champions so far, but yea, Pete Dunne is definitely going to go down as one of the best champions in history for that title.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Definitely making his mark and arguably the 'best' champion in the WWE right now. Puts on great matches, has a decent character. Looking forward to seeing how he does throughout the rest of the year.

·
Registered
16,459 Posts
He hasn't really got much competition so far lol.

His run itself has been very hit and miss, as through 60% of it he had no one to compete against. But he has made his reign interesting enough through very good matches so it hasn't been a complete bust. Put it this way, his reign hasn't been boring, that's a plus :p

·
Registered
9,983 Posts
There's been two! Unless we are counting UK women's champions too?

I think character-wise he's better than Bate but I think Bate is the better wrestler, and I feel like most of the time I'd rather watch a Bate match than a Dunne match. Dunne has an apparent aversion for selling which is begining to annoy me, too.

·
Fighting the feeling...
2,456 Posts
Out of the two to hold it, I personally prefer Bate. Some of the stuff he does in the ring is insane. Taking nothing away from Dinner mind. The pair of them are wasted on NXT shows. They both should be launched on the main roster after Wrestlemania (and an onslaught of releases to make room).

·
Registered
9,708 Posts
If you are referring to the WWE UK Title, then yes, his reign has been better than Tyler Bates.

If you are referring to the best wrestler/champion in WWE from the UK, then probably also yes. His only real competition is the British Bulldog and Sheamus.

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts
The entire NXT UK Title has been a bit of a wet lettuce so far as far as I am concerned.

The title itself is gorgeous, Dunne has had some phenomenal defences of the title but for the longest time it seemed like WWE were never going to pull the trigger on this NXT UK thing after WoS didn't really take off like it seemed WWE feared it would. This has really hurt the title. The title has a more storied history on BritWres indies than it has on WWE programming.

In fact, outside of the Bate/Dunne story has there even been a single feud for the NXT UK Title? I don't think there has, there has been matches but I don't think a single story has been told with it yet.

So TL;DR Dunne is the better of the two Champions because Bate's title reign was more of a blip than anything else, but Dunne's stranglehold of the NXT UK Title has long moved beyond its sell by date and after a good half a dozen perfect oppurtunities to have the title change hands have not been utilised I am really ready to see WALTER get the title off of Dunne and have the title really get to be a part of stories for the first time. I would also like to see a chain of short and sweet title reigns just to get the chance to build up a bit of legacy for the title moving forwards.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts