Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would say his overall character is still just as eerie as it was back in the day, maybe not quite since its obviously toned down do to PG

Something about that face and his voice are just ugh... plus he seems like he's just as insane as Kane is lol. what about you guys? does he feel as eerie as the Paul bearer in the day or not?

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Nothing in wrestling is as creepy as it used to be. Look at Taker's debut, everybody was freaked out and now we take it as the norm. Though that's us as adults. I'm sure kids might still find Taker creepy but they wouldn't have been around for Bearer's first run.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
My little sister thinks he is creepy as F¤&k, granted she is 13, but still i imagine younger kids would be a little bit frighten by him.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
He still looks creepy to me.

·
Registered
520 Posts
He is. But now that we see no promos of him (which doesn't make any sense), he doesn't have the opportunity to display his character to the new crowd that much.
I just wish for one more 10 minute promo of him and then he can do whatever he wants with Kane and the Undertaker.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Oh yes, oh yes my Undertaker, he will destroy you!

I think Bearer still has it, he just doesn't talk so much.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
I agree with whoever said he should have a couple of promos. If he's going to be at Kane's side constantly, let him speak. He is still a weird dude though, although now that I'm older, it's also a bit funny at times.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
its a different era. no one's as creepy, this isn't the WWF, that had that edge and that sadistic side to it when dealing with Taker/Kane. this is a blood feud about as dulled down as possible. so naturally he's gonna be dulled down.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Well, it certainly doesn't help that Kane is no where near as mysterious as he once was back when he was masked and barely even talked. Nothing is "creepy" anymore. Kane can talk for himself now, so that doesn't give Bearer much of a chance to get mic. time. Instead of it looking like Bearer leading a monster around, it kind of looks like an older guy following the monster now. Bearer is still good at what he can do though (if I can use that off of Jericho).

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
I would just like to say that if I see another mention of PG by somebody, I think I'm going to Columbine this forum.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
I know it's ridiculous, but I think his weight loss has negatively influenced his character. That's not to say I endorse the morbid obesity he suffered from previously, but that's honestly how I feel when I watch him. He's still entertaining, but he's just not the old Paul Bearer. Plus his voice sounds weaker.

·
Registered
169 Posts
He really does lose out to the fact Kane got unmasked.

If Kane had been putting out the promos he has recently with that mask on then he'd be a lot scarier than he is now and the mask would leave Bearer as the face of the partnership, he's got a marvellously expressive style but because people can see Kane's face that's what they focus on.

I'm gonna skip the rant about how Kane should never have taken the mask off, that horse bolted between me stopping watching in '01 and returning this year but it's really damaged his character for me.

Bearer certainly should get more time on the mic though, shorten some of Kane's promos and just have little interludes of Bearer being creepy backstage, maybe the odd mysterious disappearance of WWE staff in the dark bits behind the scenes, really build up the atmosphere that something horrible is stalking the corridors of Smackdown.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Paul Bearer is gold. He should be inducted into the Hall of Fame right beside the Undertaker

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
As much as I like Undertaker and Paul Bearer I'm so sick of the deadman gimmick.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I probably shouldn't, but I find Paul Bearer hilarious.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts