Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's still really popular but every week it seems like the crowd cares more about john cena and less about randy orton. does anyone else notice this and why do you think it's happening? is it because the nexus storyline has really put everyone but cena and barrett on the backburner so to speak?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I think so. He's almost an afterthought in the biggest story of RAW, and he's the damn CHAMPION. That tells me they don't think he can "carry the torch" effectively just yet, and I agree.

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
I'm not sure fading is the proper choice because regardless of what anybody says after this, it'll never change what I believe:

Fans feelings goes like this:

Cena >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Orton

·
Registered
619 Posts
John Cena was always the more popular of the two because the entire audience cared enough to react to each and everything that he does. Orton despite getting huge pops, needs to set up an RKO to get the crowd going crazy.

The crowd is still hot for him, definitely not as much as they are for Cena.

·
Asuka
96,571 Posts
Orton is so hilariously limited as a performer that he's taken a backseat because he can't be a relevant part in this storyline. Only Cena, Barrett and the title can be. That's where the real fued is. He's getting overshadowed by 2 people who are far superior to him, which is no surprise, but as for his "star" fading, he's never been much of a star to begin with, but no. WWE will continue to overpush him for years, he's not being knocked down.

·
Harley's Circus
2,564 Posts
No the storyline's focus is on John Cena and Nexus. Orton is just the background of that storyline.
Him being the champion does not mean he has to be the focus of everything. Hes still involved in the storyline and is a very important part of it but hes not the focus.

I wouldn't call that his star fading but more along the lines of people not having a reason to care that hes the face with John Cena standing next to him all the time.

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
it would be one thing if he had been champ for moths, but to be a background character during the first few months of his title reign coming off his "big face turn"

confirms some shit ive always thought about him personally

·
Banned
1,630 Posts
Orton is so hilariously limited as a performer that he's taken a backseat because he can't be a relevant part in this storyline. Only Cena, Barrett and the title can be. That's where the real fued is. He's getting overshadowed by 2 people who are far superior to him, which is no surprise, but as for his "star" fading, he's never been much of a star to begin with, but no. WWE will continue to overpush him for years, he's not being knocked down.
I am actually a fan of Orton but I agree with this post, especially with the thing in bolded. Since he debuted WWE have been showing Orton down people's throats and they have kept him in the main event scene no matter how bad he was and no matter how much the crowd was not into him.

·
Registered
8,505 Posts
so orton got F-U'd.. 75% chance is Orton is retaining. I think this all is pointing towards Orton joining or revealing himself to be the leader of nexus.. and it all was his plan to get rid of cena..

So unlike batista who busted out of emotions and feud'd with cena, got beaten and left wwe in shame.. Orton actually plotted this master plan to remove cena and become the sole face of WWE.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
The storyline is focused on Cena and Barrett rather than Orton who is the champion. He's almost an afterthought, it's no wonder the crowd cheer more for Cena.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
so orton got F-U'd.. 75% chance is Orton is retaining. I think this all is pointing towards Orton joining or revealing himself to be the leader of nexus.. and it all was his plan to get rid of cena..

So unlike batista who busted out of emotions and feud'd with cena, got beaten and left wwe in shame.. Orton actually plotted this master plan to remove cena and become the sole face of WWE.
that would give orton a lot of momentum...and save him from this failing face turn.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
This is a feud with the 3 biggest stars from RAW. All the kids cheer for Cena, the older ones for Barrett and Orton gets a mix from both. Cena is still the biggest star, everyone knows that, but Orton is on a good second place.

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
Not really. I can see where you're coming from though. Still, Orton is being hampered by being stuck in this Cena/Nexus shit-storm. He needs his OWN major angle where the focus is on him to get the best out of him. Right now he's kinda like an afterthought. Hopefully after Survivor Series WWE can find something big for Orton to do.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
I don't care for either but here's the thing..put them against each other and see who the crowd cheers. We've already had that answered at two Summerslams now....want to see them boo out Cena again?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yea Orton is fading. He is my favorite wrestler an one of the only reasons I watch Raw but he is limited. He will never carry the torch for wwe. That's where the 35 year old who wears jorts purple wristbands and a purple shirt comes in. Kids aren't like they are back in the day. When I was a kid I liked the stone cold character. Nowadays kids like Cena an his crappy ass looking submission

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
It was cool when he was "better late than never" last night and he was backstage getting interviewed, with his dad behind him rubbing his shoulders. It was like he was his cocky, young character again for a minute. I thought he was even going to come out afterwards to his old theme music to fit in with the old school show. (Even though he hates that song and probably would never agree to that :p)

So I was actually a little disappointed when Randy came out during the great Pyper/Cena/Barrett confrontation, only to talk about kicking people in the skull again.

I love the guy and I probably sound like I'm contradicting myself from previous posts I've made - but I think I'm getting a little bored of this shit.

It's well known by now though that he's just being used as an accessory to the Cena/Nexus stuff, so I'm still going to cross my fingers that he'll be used properly again and become a little more interesting once all this shit is over.

·
The Ayatolla of Rock N Rolla
5,108 Posts
Yep. I agree with this thread. But the WWE are making a habit of hyping a championship match without focusing on the most important thing: the CHAMPION. Orton is definitely becoming an afterthought for the crowd now and the reactions are a clear indication of this. Its a shame really when you think to when Randy first started the 'viper' gimmick, he was awesome but now I think creative just didnt know what to do with him. Theres only so many times you can punt guys in the face. Bring back THE RANDY ORTON. Please.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
its not like he's fading... the problem is the match is heavily advertised as if it was cena who were going to wrestle, i mean come on! even the graphic for the title card said "free or fired match" that really pissed me off, i can only see cena staying face, gives barret the title, and goes emo for screwing up "his friend" for a few ppvs and an orton vs cena for the 897967856751 time

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Is it fading? I dunno. But for tonight, the night was owned by Cena. Smoke and mirrors with hot rod or not, when he held Orton(Barret? Dunno you all look the same to me jk) and had that male dominated Cena chant going pre AA, it was a moment.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts