Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This guy's heat was astronomical. Sure he was quite green in the ring but he knew how to irate the crowd. I mean the fact that he had crazy heat alone just speaking, but then had Divairi next to him yelling out in Farsi got the crowd so pissed. Crazy thing is, alot of things he said was the truth.

It's crazy how WWE did him dirty. What if he would of continue to be in the E? How far would he have gone?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A41UqjjOcUM

·
Registered
534 Posts
The WWE didnt do him dirty. It was the network (UPN at the time) that wanted the character off television.

The WWE originally had him booked to win the world title at the upcoming PPV against Undertaker.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I don't really think it was his mic work that really gained him heat. His gimmick as an whole and then Davari with him was enough to generate heat that surpassed most of the biggest heels in wrestling.

It's really too bad he got kicked out for... Doing his job. It's clear that he was gonna be in the main event. I heard he was supposed to go over the Undertaker.

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't really think it was his mic work that really gained him heat. His gimmick as an whole and then Davari with him was enough to generate heat that surpassed most of the biggest heels in wrestling.

It's really too bad he got kicked out for... Doing his job. It's clear that he was gonna be in the main event. I heard he was supposed to go over the Undertaker.
Yeah, I heard about that too.

USA....was all fine with it before they got pressured by the media and then WWE got pressured by USA. smh.

shame, because the crowd genuinely hated them. It wasn't like one of the heels today where the crowd doesn't care about you.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Yeah, I heard about that too.

USA....was all fine with it before they got pressured by the media and then WWE got pressured by USA. smh.

shame, because the crowd genuinely hated them. It wasn't like one of the heels today where the crowd doesn't care about you.
It wasn't USA it was UPN.

They even edited out the promo Hassan delivered the next week on Smackdown which forced WWE to put it on their website instead. Obviously with no way to have the character appear on Smackdown the WWE dropped the plan for him to win the title and discontinued the gimmick.

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It wasn't USA it was UPN.

They even edited out the promo Hassan delivered the next week on Smackdown which forced WWE to put it on their website instead. Obviously with no way to have the character appear on Smackdown the WWE dropped the plan for him to win the title and discontinued the gimmick.
damn...keep forgetting it was on Smackdown

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
I think he might have had a short title run, but would have been used as a transitional champ. Once they ran out of things for him to promo about, he'd either be turned into a comedy act (happened with a number of guys who started off with the foreign heel gimmick), a jobber or at best a solid midcarder.

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
I don't see the big deal about him. You could've given anyone that gimmick and they would've gotten tons of heats, US fans are gonna boo an Arab/muslim/whatever post 9/11 regardless.

·
Registered
754 Posts
He should have won the US Title on Smackdown back in 05. The possibilities for him were endless

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
The biggest "What if" in the past decade in my opinion is Christian of 2005. No one can dispute that he was on absolute fire in 2005. He was over as a heel and over as a face and was up there with guys like Evolution, Flair and Cena for a short while.

Hassan is undoubtedly on that list too, definite waste of talent. As for him coming back, I may be incorrect here but I think I read an interview or an article or something a few years back where he said he wasn't interested in going back to wrestling. I think he was working on an acting career or something.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
Lance Storm did say that Copani had a pretty bad attitude.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
He absolutely is one of the biggest. Every indication had him heading straight to a World Title. The man was set to beat The Undertaker. He could've been one of the biggest heels of all time.

But we'll never know, because UPN screwed him over.

·
Registered
604 Posts
It was UPN's fault. Undertaker destroyed Davari & Hussan brought out his worshippers to take Davari to the back & UPN didn't agree with the whole thing. Not to mention it was close to 9/11..

·
Lose for Hughes!
3,802 Posts
He is definitely towards the top of my "What if..." list. He was a heat magnet which is exactly what you want for a main-event heel. If Hassan was never released then I think he would of became one of the best heels of all-time. WWE would of had to cash-in on all the heat he was getting by putting him into the main-event against a big-name face like John Cena or Shawn Michaels.

·
40,798 Posts
I don't see the big deal about him. You could've given anyone that gimmick and they would've gotten tons of heats, US fans are gonna boo an Arab/muslim/whatever post 9/11 regardless.
The gimmick was easy heat I agree, but Hassan got incredible, white hot heat because he played it to near perfection. The main could work a crowd.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts