Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know about the general opinion, but I find the whole MITB concept has been done to absolute death at this point.

WWE need to retire it for a while, and bring in something a bit different, but gets them the same result. After all, it's really just a way to name a #1 Contender. There are a thousand ways to get to the same point, without having the same gimmick match at a set time of the year, every year, and then having the winners do the same tired "tease what title they're going for" and then "surprise cash in after the champion just won a long PPV match".

Don't get me wrong, it's a great concept and I have enjoyed several of the MITB outings over the years ... but it's just tired now.

This might be a great time to bring back a King Of The Ring PPV ... or maybe even - bare with me here - (shock of all shocks) something NEW?

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
I´m not a big fan of MITB being a ppv on it´s own. But I think it served it´s purpose as a way to get a multi-man ladder match at WM

·
Southern Pride
3,229 Posts
MITB to me is the 4th biggest PPV of the year now, replacing Survivor Series.

I don't see the issue in having it. They still do Royal Rumble, Elimination Chamber, HIAC, gauntlet matches, battle royals, etc. every year. Why not something that they can make last throughout the year if they wanted to? Especially at a time like now when they are stuck in the PC with no audience.

Theirs a lot more tourneys and such now to keep peoples interest until things go back to normal. So MITB is probably needed.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I can't feel the concept anymore,it should battle of brand after traditional tag team at Survivor Series and Royal Rumble, sure this concept return again but I feel every participant must do preliminary match to earn their spot,not just say I want to going in, plus they not doing the aftermath (Correct me if I was wrong) for the winner ,like Benoit who want Edge put the briefcase on the line or another Kennedy incident.

·
Registered
996 Posts
The problem isn't the MITB match, the problem is the gimmick PPVs like MITB, HIAC, TLC. It destroys the novelty of it. These matches should only occur when there is an important meaning to them in the storyline.

·
The Babyface of WF
11,696 Posts
To the general public it still sells anyway whether you like it or not but for me personally I still love the idea of X wrestler regardless of whether he/she is already well established as a Top player or someone who's promising but never had a previous opportunity to shine banking in unexpectedly on whoever the current champion is it creates drama and sometimes the suspense really leaves you guessing.

Keep it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
MITB to me is the 4th biggest PPV of the year now, replacing Survivor Series.

I don't see the issue in having it. They still do Royal Rumble, Elimination Chamber, HIAC, gauntlet matches, battle royals, etc. every year. Why not something that they can make last throughout the year if they wanted to? Especially at a time like now when they are stuck in the PC with no audience.

Theirs a lot more tourneys and such now to keep peoples interest until things go back to normal. So MITB is probably needed.
Totally Agree with this statement for me it’s
1. Mania
2. Rumble
3. Survivor Series
4. MITB

I think it’s stays, gets a lot of interest and can build a new superstar if done right edge, Rollins etc

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
I still like MITB and i look forward to it every year especially now that the women have their own match which i think is pretty cool. I also like that it can help a mid-card superstar by giving them an opportunity at a championship.

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
17,645 Posts
It's definitely overstayed it's welcome.

It sort of doesn't work now in an era where pretty much everyone can be champion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
they should can MITB and Hell in a cell.mostly the latter.....it ruins those match types for me! they should have MITB happen at Mania like before.hell in a cell used to be fun now its just something that happends every september/october it's ruined that match type for me,It's not special anymore!

·
Registered
580 Posts
I haven’t watched properly for a while. Do they now have 4 money in the bank matches? as in raw, smackdkwn, men and women, or is it just one mens and one women’s match?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I like the Match itself ! it doesn't need to be it's own PPV the match should return to WrestleMania Where it belongs !

·
Registered
604 Posts
The only issue i have with it is the predictability of someone winning the title. People got to cash in and fail more often i think. I wouldnt mind if Black or Corbin failed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts